It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:06 am 
Captain Dynasty

WOW.

congrats on the 2011 world series, tom!

this just completes an already very very good team. especially them going out and getting A.G. a few days ago.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:13 am 
Captain Dynasty

i have no idea who this guy is.

Van_Da_Man
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:18 am 
Franchise Defenseman

WOW.

But doesn't that mean the yanks also have 150+ million to throw at Lee now? That division is redonkulous at spending, and also at winning.

Side note, wouldn't it be hilarious if Tampa Bay or Toronto won that division anyway?

"I'm going to go to the spa and have a hot tub and massage and relax," Miller said. "That's it, and it's back to work tomorrow." Ryan Miller after clinching the North East division.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:20 am 
Captain Dynasty

carl crawford?

hes regarded as the fastest player in the majors. hes an outfielder (hes played all 3)...

he has modest power (15-20 home runs a season) while batting over .300.

his production is on par with a 30-40 home run guy.

hes a rabbit on the basepaths who is always up there in the league leaders in runs scored and stolen bases.

this guy is an animal. ive been a huge fan for years.

it was speculated he was going to the angels, but then it was reported the yankees were hot for him. now the red sox swoop in and take him. its HUGE.

Van_Da_Man
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:22 am 
Franchise Defenseman

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/mlb/ne ... id=5901372

7 years, 142 million. damn.

"I'm going to go to the spa and have a hot tub and massage and relax," Miller said. "That's it, and it's back to work tomorrow." Ryan Miller after clinching the North East division.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:28 am 
Captain Dynasty

Van_Da_Man wrote:
WOW.

But doesn't that mean the yanks also have 150+ million to throw at Lee now? That division is redonkulous at spending, and also at winning.

Side note, wouldn't it be hilarious if Tampa Bay or Toronto won that division anyway?

honestly, i think cliff lee is hella overrated. sounds like hes staying in texas for now.

jvaccaro6
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:08 am 
Certifiably Hotter than ETC

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
Van_Da_Man wrote:
WOW.

honestly, i think cliff lee is hella overrated. sounds like hes staying in texas for now.

Lee is the most natural pitcher I've ever seen. Will finish with elite stats, how is he over rated?

Averages 16 wins a season, and he was on terrible Cleveland, and Seattle teams. Not to mention his post season stats rank right up with there Nolan Ryan's. 7-2 in the post season, with 10 games started, 80 Ks, 3 Complete Games, and only giving up 8 walks.

Again, How is he over rated? He's the most clutch post season pitcher in the game...period.

Squanto 7/27/2010

Squanto
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:10 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

It's a hell of a signing. Now as long as they get Gonzalez extended, which I think it happening, they're going to be a beast for years.

Best part about it is that Crawford won't be swiping 4 bases a game against the Sox like he did all the time in TB. :)

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:38 pm 
Captain Dynasty

jvaccaro6 wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:
Van_Da_Man wrote:
WOW.

Lee is the most natural pitcher I've ever seen. Will finish with elite stats, how is he over rated?

Averages 16 wins a season, and he was on terrible Cleveland, and Seattle teams. Not to mention his post season stats rank right up with there Nolan Ryan's. 7-2 in the post season, with 10 games started, 80 Ks, 3 Complete Games, and only giving up 8 walks.

Again, How is he over rated? He's the most clutch post season pitcher in the game...period.

up till 2008, he was nothing more then a number 3 guy. hell, he was sent down to AAA ball in 2007. he had a good year in 2005. he has a career ERA of 3.85 and a career WHIP of 1.25. hes a number 2 on most teams, a number 3 on some teams, who just caught lightning in a bottle in 2008, and has pitched well ever since. but his numbers are not elite. outside texas, he has never been the ace of his staff.

hes a 12-15 million dollar a year pitcher, not the 25 he is asking.

jvaccaro6
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:24 pm 
Certifiably Hotter than ETC

Keep in mind, those years he was getting shelled were in the steroid years. I see you points, but I also think that he's the most incredible post season pitcher I've seen...period. C.C. is great too, but when it comes down to it, who would you put out there? An intimidating Cliff Lee with amazing stuff come October, or C.C.? I feel like Lee would be my option, but I'm also a huge fan of Lee person, so maybe I'm biased here.

(PS Cliff Lee is my favorite player, so I may come off as a bit of a homer)

Squanto 7/27/2010

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:18 pm 
Captain Dynasty

jvaccaro6 wrote:
Keep in mind, those years he was getting shelled were in the steroid years. I see you points, but I also think that he's the most incredible post season pitcher I've seen...period. C.C. is great too, but when it comes down to it, who would you put out there? An intimidating Cliff Lee with amazing stuff come October, or C.C.? I feel like Lee would be my option, but I'm also a huge fan of Lee person, so maybe I'm biased here.

(PS Cliff Lee is my favorite player, so I may come off as a bit of a homer)

the cliff lee story is great. hes a good pitcher. i dont think hes he worth all attention, i think hes best when he quietly goes about his business behind a true ace, like a verlander, or CC, or hernandez, or even a david price (wishful thinking on the verlander part). (holy shit! verlander/lee/scherzer/porcello rotation? orgasm!) the one amazing thing about lee is the lack of walks he gives up, but his WHIP shows he does give up some hits as well.

as for C.C. i also feel he is hella overrated, but that also could be the anti-yankee blood that pumps through my veins.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:59 pm 
Captain Dynasty

I don't watch enough baseball to really know, but I'm pretty sure no one will ever be awesome awesome as Brad "yeah, I only throw like two pitches, so what?" Radke

patkane88
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:33 pm 
Captain Clutch

Just read last night that the Red Sox have thrown the most money on free agents so far this off season.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/12/o ... -team.html

Twitter @BUrbanowicz13