It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:36 pm 
Captain Dynasty

Chan Gailey's quote to me about Ivy quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick: "His demeanor in meetings and practice is Harvard. His play on Sunday is Ohio State.''

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/w ... z181vTM6ey

Ryan911T
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:49 pm 
resident car guy

I like Fitz, as much as everyone in Buffalo wants to draft a QB, I think we should stay with him. I'm really looking forward to next year with the Bills.

Twitter - @Ryan911T - @MotoExposure

gr8daygo
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:23 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Ryan911T wrote:
I like Fitz, as much as everyone in Buffalo wants to draft a QB, I think we should stay with him. I'm really looking forward to next year with the Bills.

Fitz is playing well... and I want to see him under center next year, regardless of who they draft this year...

I would say this year draft front 7 (DL & LB) and OL heavily... with maybe a round 2-4 pick used on a TE, IF there is a special one there...

Next year you draft a QB round one!!! BUT that QB sits a year... so your effectively giving Fitz two solid seasons to get it done wile grooming the new guy... and if Fitz continues to get it done, the new guy keeps sitting... How many years did Rogers sit? And if course this all hinges on if Brohm has any NFL talent... Remember his numbers were right up there in college... I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Brohm the last couple games of the season. Its an evaluation year. We know what we have in Fitz. I don't think we know what we have in Brohm. So, get him some real live game experience... If he shows he can do it great, you have your back up or you have a tag and trade, etc... If he shows he can't do it, well then no need to resign him... BUT i really want to see the kid under center...

E X C E L L E N C E

Van_Da_Man
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:54 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Gaily has done wonders for Fitz's career, draft a qb now and let him sit a year or two and then turn him loose on the NFL. I'd expect greatness.

"I'm going to go to the spa and have a hot tub and massage and relax," Miller said. "That's it, and it's back to work tomorrow." Ryan Miller after clinching the North East division.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:05 pm 
Captain Dynasty

Ryan911T wrote:

you mean for the lockout?

it saddens me. i fully expect the lions to go .500 or better next year. best 3-10 team in the league :(

honestly though, fitz has been awesome for you guys, when was he drafted and such?

Van_Da_Man
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:21 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
Ryan911T wrote:

you mean for the lockout?

it saddens me. i fully expect the lions to go .500 or better next year. best 3-10 team in the league :(

honestly though, fitz has been awesome for you guys, when was he drafted and such?

He was a 6th round choice for the Rams a few years back, bounced around to the bengals, and then hit us last year.

"I'm going to go to the spa and have a hot tub and massage and relax," Miller said. "That's it, and it's back to work tomorrow." Ryan Miller after clinching the North East division.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:27 pm 
Captain Dynasty

diamond in the rough, eh?

gr8daygo
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:49 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

ironyisadeadscene wrote:

not really, chan is just a QB guru, look what he did with Theigpen in KC... made that dude put up sick numbers... would love to see chan with a top QB prospect of his choosing... Chan likes his mobile athletic QBs... Chan also "invented" the slash QB in pittsburgh with Cordell Stewert... granted thats Cordell... but simply Chan can do a LOT with just a bit of talent....

E X C E L L E N C E

Van_Da_Man
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:42 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

gr8daygo wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:

not really, chan is just a QB guru, look what he did with Theigpen in KC... made that dude put up sick numbers... would love to see chan with a top QB prospect of his choosing... Chan likes his mobile athletic QBs... Chan also "invented" the slash QB in pittsburgh with Cordell Stewert... granted thats Cordell... but simply Chan can do a LOT with just a bit of talent....

Cam Newton, as much as I dislike him, would = michael vick in this offense.

gr8daygo
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:02 am 
Franchise Defenseman

Van_Da_Man wrote:
gr8daygo wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:

Id take him and sit on him for 2 or 3 seasons... simply to get him to learn how to read the D... and learn from two smart guys in Chan and Fitz... what i would love to see is fitz under like a 5 or 6 year deal... almost stating he can start for say the next 3 years, based on performance and health, of course, and then he will be asked to be the #2 guy for the next 3 years... and given the opportunity to brought on as a coach after retirement, if he so chooses... gives him great stability for him and his family... gives the Bills stability at the QB position and keeps a really really smart dude affiliated with the team...

Figure he is 29 now... at least 3 years starting gets him to 32... at least 3 years as a back up... 35... either continue to be the back up or go into coaching...

E X C E L L E N C E

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:25 am 
Captain Dynasty

Fitzpatrick just turned 28 (Nov. 24th)

Van_Da_Man
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:30 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

gr8daygo wrote:
Van_Da_Man wrote:
gr8daygo wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:

Id take him and sit on him for 2 or 3 seasons... simply to get him to learn how to read the D... and learn from two smart guys in Chan and Fitz... what i would love to see is fitz under like a 5 or 6 year deal... almost stating he can start for say the next 3 years, based on performance and health, of course, and then he will be asked to be the #2 guy for the next 3 years... and given the opportunity to brought on as a coach after retirement, if he so chooses... gives him great stability for him and his family... gives the Bills stability at the QB position and keeps a really really smart dude affiliated with the team...

Figure he is 29 now... at least 3 years starting gets him to 32... at least 3 years as a back up... 35... either continue to be the back up or go into coaching...

Please sir step away from his nuts and make a rational decision. 8-) Mostly joking, I think that any contract over 2-3 years would be suicide for the bills. He's a good otion, but not worthy of 4 or 5 years. We don't know if he's a flash in the pan yet or not.

gr8daygo
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:36 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Van_Da_Man wrote:
gr8daygo wrote:
Van_Da_Man wrote:
gr8daygo wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:

Please sir step away from his nuts and make a rational decision. 8-) Mostly joking, I think that any contract over 2-3 years would be suicide for the bills. He's a good otion, but not worthy of 4 or 5 years. We don't know if he's a flash in the pan yet or not.

exactly my point... Im not talking a 60 million dollar dear... Im talking starter money for 2-3 years... pay him average starter money for 2 years, just below average starter money for year 3 and top back-up money for years 4-6.... and after that he can retire and have a coaching option... maybe a backup for another year or two or he can just walk away...

im thinking structuring the contract completely different than what you see now....

E X C E L L E N C E

Van_Da_Man
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:46 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

oh ok. I'd read it like 'give him a 5 year deal with starter money'. :S

gr8daygo
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:39 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Van_Da_Man wrote:
oh ok. I'd read it like 'give him a 5 year deal with starter money'. :S

not at all... give him stability! give him the opportunity to coach and teach youngsters... ya figure a Harvard dude isn't going to be content to sit around...

E X C E L L E N C E