It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
ironyisadeadscene
 Post subject: Re: NFL playoffs
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:02 pm 
Captain Dynasty

meh, the jets are a real team. the pats are young and will be pretty damn dominant the next time the NFL plays (probably 2012)

daz28
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:06 pm 
Star Sniper

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
meh, the jets are a real team. the pats are young and will be pretty damn dominant the next time the NFL plays (probably 2012)

The only thing the Jets did really well today was get to Brady. He wasn't sharp reading the field, and held it too long a LOT. Sometimes it was coverage, others he had guys doing jumping jacks, and he couldn't find them. I think if the Pats defense played a bit tighter, they'd have been able to win. Then again, maybe not. lol

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:08 pm 
Cup Winner

ironyisadeadscene wrote:

It'll depend on and when Brady retires. When he is gone, that offense is not going to be good at all. I know it's still years away, but you even have to admit they did get lucky with Brady stepping in and becoming who he was that year and how he became as a player.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

X-pensfan
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:12 pm 
Star Sniper

The Jets are coached REALLY well, although I think Belichek is still the best in the business.

Brady let him down and the entire team. I'm interested to hear what he has to say about the lose.

"And I love that I have an erection that doesn't involve homeless people." Kreiger

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:13 pm 
Captain Dynasty

hoyer doesnt exactly suck.

X-pensfan
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:14 pm 
Star Sniper

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:

It'll depend on and when Brady retires. When he is gone, that offense is not going to be good at all. I know it's still years away, but you even have to admit they did get lucky with Brady stepping in and becoming who he was that year and how he became as a player.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Brady is good, but those blocking schemes, the play calling, that's all Belichek. You put Flacco in Brady's place, he's goign to put up some gaudy numbers as well. Brady is good though, he had one bad game, that's all.

"And I love that I have an erection that doesn't involve homeless people." Kreiger

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:37 pm 
Cup Winner

X-pensfan wrote:
Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Brady is good, but those blocking schemes, the play calling, that's all Belichek. You put Flacco in Brady's place, he's goign to put up some gaudy numbers as well. Brady is good though, he had one bad game, that's all.

Flacco is no slouch in the QB position though. I'm talking taking a rookie or someone they have drafted in Brady's spot, and see how well he can do. As Mike said, the defense is young and will get better, but it's all going to depend on how the offense does when Brady finally retires and who they get to replace them, they could end up like the Bills or the Dolphins looking for their next replacement after Jim Kelly and Dan Marino retired.

No one knew how Brady was going to be when he took over for Bledsoe, NO ONE knew he would become one of the greatest QB's to play the game, he was one of those very lucky picks that turned out to be great.

It's like Datsyuk and Zetterberg, no one thought they would be where they are now.

And also Brady makes throws other Qb's wish they could make, I wouldn't say it's all on Bilicheat at all. Brady can find the open guy in most situations, and tonight there weren't many options for him to throw too. Manning is one of those other guys who makes throws others wish they could make also.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:16 pm 
Star Sniper

The Jets won't be able to drop back and play covergage like that against Roethlisberger. Brady can't run and didn't even try, but Roethlisberger will tuck and run and pick up big yards and first downs if the Jets simply drop back into max coverage that way. Sanchez will also be under much more pressure against the Pitt defense, and he's not savy enough to handle it and make the right play every time.

The Jets will still have a chance, because I think both teams will be off mentally after beating their big division rivals. I just don't think the Jets will be able to score enough without turning the ball over too many times. I expect about 17 pts and 2-3 TOs, and Pitt should be able to beat that, barring some crazy special teams mishaps.

With the NFC, maybe the biggest factor will be the weather. The nicer it is, the advantage goes more to GB. Obviously GB is used to playing in the cold, but Rodgers is the QB on fire right now. It should be a real close game though.

X-pensfan
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:23 pm 
Star Sniper

there was a time when Brady was a no-name late round pick. I would not be surprised if the Pats make another player look as good. That o-line is the real reason why their offense is always good. It's HoF material.

Brady had his receivers, they were open and he made awful throws.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:29 pm 
Captain Dynasty

i didnt see the whole game. but bad games happen.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:41 am 
Captain Dynasty

Rud wrote:
One of my friends is a Steelers fan and gets way too into the games. I'm pretty sure he'd, like, kill himself if the Steelers lost the Super Bowl.

So I hope they go to the Super Bowl and lose to the Seahawks.

Would've been poetic since they didn't deserve the first one.

X-pensfan
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:32 am 
Star Sniper

CriminallyVu1gar wrote:
Rud wrote:
One of my friends is a Steelers fan and gets way too into the games. I'm pretty sure he'd, like, kill himself if the Steelers lost the Super Bowl.

So I hope they go to the Super Bowl and lose to the Seahawks.

Would've been poetic since they didn't deserve the first one.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:50 am 
Captain Dynasty

Not my fault it's the truth. That game led to at least one rule change.

X-pensfan
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:24 am 
Star Sniper

CriminallyVu1gar wrote:
Not my fault it's the truth. That game led to at least one rule change.

Really? A team that could barely score 10 points the entire game deserved to win?

Rule Change 5-69-AB28:

"The team that lickith thy most taint shall win thy game regardless of they score. So it shall this be bequeffed throughout the anals of hysterectomy hither and twain."

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:29 am 
Cup Winner

In football anything can happen in the playoffs. Just like the Steelers losing to the Jets next week.

Rud wrote:

X-pensfan
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:36 am 
Star Sniper

I hope not, I hope both teams play like shit and the refs give us the win with bad flags.

That would rule. 8-)

PatGreen
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:02 am 
PP Quarterback

a lot of games comes down to who gets the breaks.

patriots only got about one break all game. dropped passes, not getting any turnovers, bad spots...etc. part of the game.

when a team is getting all the breaks like the jets did in the first half, you can usually tell they're going to win- one exception is the steelers/ravens game.

jets played really well. i still hate them because rex ryan's a fuck and so is half their team. i want them to get lit by the steelers then I want the Pack to take it home.

Squanto
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:11 am 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

daz28 wrote:
The only thing the Jets did really well today was get to Brady. He wasn't sharp reading the field, and held it too long a LOT. Sometimes it was coverage, others he had guys doing jumping jacks, and he couldn't find them. I think if the Pats defense played a bit tighter, they'd have been able to win. Then again, maybe not. lol

This is a QB driven league. When you can get a Hall of Fame bound QB off his game, that's plenty enough.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:57 am 
Captain Dynasty

I don't think I've watched more than five minutes of NFL playoff "action."

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:36 pm 
Cup Winner

Squanto wrote:
daz28 wrote:

This is a QB driven league. When you can get a Hall of Fame bound QB off his game, that's plenty enough.

They sacked him 5 times, something no team had done in about 15 games.

You get Brady off his game and he plays like he did yesterday, which is still good, but not good enough.

Rud wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next