It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
daz28
 Post subject: Re: NFL playoffs
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:46 pm 
Star Sniper

X-pensfan wrote:

Wake up ladies. Most entertaining QB

I guess that depends on which lady you ask. Haha

I can't believe you slipped up that bad.

X-pensfan
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:11 am 
Star Sniper

daz28 wrote:
X-pensfan wrote:

Wake up ladies. Most entertaining QB

I guess that depends on which lady you ask. Haha

I can't believe you slipped up that bad.

:doh:

"And I love that I have an erection that doesn't involve homeless people." Kreiger

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:27 pm 
Cup Winner

Big Ben is not entertaining to me at all.

I would much rather watch Brady do a 4th quarter comeback, Manning come back from three scores to win, or Brees throwing for 300+ yards.

Sorry, but Big Ben is not entertaining to me, he is only entertaining to drunk women who have no idea he's about to rape them.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:07 pm 
Captain Dynasty

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
Big Ben is not entertaining to me at all.

I would much rather watch Brady do a 4th quarter comeback, Manning come back from three scores to win, or Brees throwing for 300+ yards.

Sorry, but Big Ben is not entertaining to me, he is only entertaining to drunk women who have no idea he's about to rape them.

Haha, I agree. Part of that stems from the days when the Steelers were only letting him throw 10-15 times a game. Mind numbing.

He's also the worst Super Bowl winning quarterback probably ever. 9/21 for 123 yards 0td, 2int. Just awful.

Montalo
 Post subject: SEAHAWKSRe: NFL playoffs
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:05 pm 
PP Quarterback

seahawks win, suprisingly

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:18 am 
Star Sniper

So what are predictions for the next round? Overall this is slim pickings for me. Jets have a jerk coach. I don't hate the Pats just because they're so good, but they also have a jerk coach. I'll always hate the Ravens with Ray Lewis, and the Steelers have always been my favorite AFC team, but they aren't that likeable I admit. The Seahawks are a shit team regardless of their upset, and the Bears are boring and Cutler is a cocky ass. That leaves the Packers and Falcons that I've never liked, but have a couple of good QBs in Ryan and Rodgers that are good guys too.

Jets at Pats - Patriots win, that 45-3 score wasn't a fluke
Ravens at Steelers - toss up, maybe Steelers win due to week off and home field

Packers at Falcons - Falcons in a fun, high scoring game to watch
Seahawks at Bears - Bears win a boring, sloppy game

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:51 pm 
Cup Winner

I think the Atlanta/Packers game will be by far the most entertaining game this round, and the Ravens/Steelers game will be the closest.

I want the Pats to lose to the Jets, but then the Jets to lose to the Raven.

So Ravens and Jets for AFC final game.

And Bears and I'm saying Atlanta for NFC Final.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

daz28
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:02 am 
Star Sniper

Thank god the brackets allow the chance for the Jets AND Pats to be eliminated. Not really sure I hate the Pats more than Pittsburgh, though. Probably not. I got a deep-seated hatred for the Steelers. I guess I'll have to go Ravens, which is fine. Kinda got a man crush on Ed Reed(then again, who wouldn't).

Don't particularly hate any NFC teams. I probably like(not to win) Green Bay and Seattle. I'd be ok with Seattle winning the bowl, just to stfu people who hate them being in it. Any team can get hot at any time, and THAT'S what the playoffs are about. Not the "best"(marketed) teams.

X-pensfan
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:05 am 
Star Sniper

If any of you understand and/or appreciate great defense in all areas of the field. Then tune in for footballs most bloody rivalry. Might not be a 50-40 aerial assault but that's only because both teams actually know how to play the game of football. Watch Suggs and TImmons, especially.

This is just the first step, on the Stairway to Seven...

I'm looking to the West mother fuckers....

"And I love that I have an erection that doesn't involve homeless people." Kreiger

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:52 pm 
Captain Dynasty

I have Baltimore, Atlanta, Chicago, and New England this week. Home teams in the divisional round are a pretty safe bet, historically winning about 3/4 of the time.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:19 pm 
Cup Winner

X-pensfan wrote:
If any of you understand and/or appreciate great defense in all areas of the field. Then tune in for footballs most bloody rivalry. Might not be a 50-40 aerial assault but that's only because both teams actually know how to play the game of football. Watch Suggs and TImmons, especially.

Honestly, that's not gonna happen at all. If they beat the Ravens, and the Patriots beat the Jets, the Patriots are probably going to win Superbowl number 4. I would bet money on the Patriots winning this year's Superbowl as much as I don't want to see them win another, their offense is simply too good to stop, and as Mike and NFL Analysts have said, Brady is throwing an almost perfect ball only his receivers can catch.

Rud wrote:

Van_Da_Man
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:59 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

I'd love to see the steelers win number 7... when ben rapelesburger leaves. Otherwise I have no problem with that team.

"I'm going to go to the spa and have a hot tub and massage and relax," Miller said. "That's it, and it's back to work tomorrow." Ryan Miller after clinching the North East division.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:43 pm 
Captain Dynasty

fuck the steelers. i hope the ravens bend over big ben and give him a taste of his own medicine.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:46 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

I want GB to win and I hope James Starks has another big game.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:48 pm 
Captain Dynasty

if green bay won, id be ok with a kalamazoo boy bringing home the bacon.

Montalo
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:07 pm 
PP Quarterback

mechaphil wrote:
I want GB to win and I hope James Starks has another big game.

i endorse this

only reason i started to(a little) follow the packers was because of starks

X-pensfan
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:39 pm 
Star Sniper

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
X-pensfan wrote:

Honestly, that's not gonna happen at all. If they beat the Ravens, and the Patriots beat the Jets, the Patriots are probably going to win Superbowl number 4. I would bet money on the Patriots winning this year's Superbowl as much as I don't want to see them win another, their offense is simply too good to stop, and as Mike and NFL Analysts have said, Brady is throwing an almost perfect ball only his receivers can catch.

A healthy Roethlisberger + a healthy Polumalu + Heinze Field = very worried Ravens fans. I'm not saying the Ravens don't have a chance, because my respect for them is equaled by my hatred for them. I'm saying the Steelers DO NOT want their season to end to the Ravens in their barn.

If they get to the CG vs. the Jets they will crush them. :pray:

If it's the Pats then I tend to agree with you, even if Smith is ready and everybody else can play, that's a scary situation. I don't want any part of the Pats.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:11 am 
Captain Dynasty

Joe Flacco frightens me, but this professional prognosticator picked the Ravens anyways.

daz28
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:10 pm 
Star Sniper

Ravens giving it to the Steelers @ halftime. 21-7 Ravens. Looks like the default home field advantage for the Steelers might not help them this time. By default I mean they get at least 4 prime time home games/season, which I feel isn't fair.

X-pensfan
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:17 pm 
Star Sniper

daz28 wrote:
Ravens giving it to the Steelers @ halftime. 21-7 Ravens. Looks like the default home field advantage for the Steelers might not help them this time. By default I mean they get at least 4 prime time home games/season, which I feel isn't fair.

What would you guys talk about if you all were not so butt hurt all the time about Pittsburgh sports?

Good teams with high profile players get prime time games. And the so-called "default" home field has nothing to do with the playoffs. They earned home field in the regular season, it wasn't given to them because they are the Steelers. Although that would be cool if they did it that way.

Shitty first half, the Steelers could not have played worse. Just really bad football from the coaches on down. They can turn it around but it's going to take a Herculean effort.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next