It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Rud
 Post subject: Re: NFL playoffs
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:58 pm 
Superstar Goalie

lolravens

daz28
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:08 pm 
Star Sniper

I understand why they get so many home games, I just don't feel it's fair. Bad blanket statement about PITT sports. I've hated the Steelers since before time began, and I use to like the Penguins. Not anymore, since the got Cindy.

Dierdink is trying to blame Ray Rice. Myself, I'm all over Flacco.

X-pensfan
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:08 pm 
Star Sniper

ravens look like their puppy got ran over

"And I love that I have an erection that doesn't involve homeless people." Kreiger

X-pensfan
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:11 pm 
Star Sniper

daz28 wrote:
I understand why they get so many home games, I just don't feel it's fair. Bad blanket statement about PITT sports. I've hated the Steelers since before time began, and I use to like the Penguins. Not anymore, since the got Cindy.

Dierdink is trying to blame Ray Rice. Myself, I'm all over Flacco.

i feel ya on the crosby thing, i'm begining to hate him too

"And I love that I have an erection that doesn't involve homeless people." Kreiger

daz28
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:21 pm 
Star Sniper

Flacco is a big dummy.

Edit: worst call of the year on the holding on the return for TD. If that's holding, then the Pats have at least 2 guys holding on EVERY PLAY.

X-pensfan
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:13 pm 
Star Sniper

the game was reallymfrustrating to watch, lots of bad calls against bith teams, both teams played like shit. steelers did everything wrong in the 1st half and the ravens did everything wrong in the second half.

The ravens usually bring out the worst in the Steelers, but if they play that STUPID next week, it wont matter if it's the jets they will lose.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:49 am 
Captain Dynasty

I only watched the Ravens last drive. My exact comment was "just enough time for Flacco to fuck it up like he did the last time."

And verily it came to pass. 0-2 and 1-5 overall picking the playoffs. Ouch. Still hanging my hat on regular season champion though :P

X-pensfan
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:33 am 
Star Sniper

Except for the pick, which was overthrown, Flacco played great. The Ravens dropped perfectly thrown passes throughout the game. The fumble was the centers fault.

Don't underestimate the Steeler's 12th man, that place was insanity.

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:53 pm 
Star Sniper

I enjoy this Steelers team less than most others, but they really came up big to win that game. As much as people hate Pitt, Baltimore has even more jackass thugs. Hating the Cowboys as much as I do, it would be really fun to watch Pittsburgh win a Super Bowl in Dallas.

Anyway, Green Bay looks kinda awesome, but they'll have to win a 3rd road playoff game no matter who wins today. Patriots would have to make a lot of mistakes to lose. I assume NE and Pitt, and GB and Chi. No matter what there will be a yankee invasion in Dallas for the SB...I'm sure they're thrilled.

Squanto
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:55 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

CriminallyVu1gar wrote:
I only watched the Ravens last drive. My exact comment was "just enough time for Flacco to fuck it up like he did the last time."

Flacco can't be faulted for putting on right on the hands of Houshmandzadeh to watch him drop it. Boldin dropped a lot of balls too.

Van_Da_Man
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:29 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Green Bay fans were rocking Atlanta yesterday... I heard that Atlanta hadn't even sold out their game until tuesday, giving wisconsinites that much more of a chance to invade.

To be honest, a Green Bay v Chicago game scares the pants off of me.

"I'm going to go to the spa and have a hot tub and massage and relax," Miller said. "That's it, and it's back to work tomorrow." Ryan Miller after clinching the North East division.

Rud
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:04 pm 
Superstar Goalie

One of my friends is a Steelers fan and gets way too into the games. I'm pretty sure he'd, like, kill himself if the Steelers lost the Super Bowl.

So I hope they go to the Super Bowl and lose to the Seahawks.

X-pensfan
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:25 pm 
Star Sniper

Rud wrote:
One of my friends is a Steelers fan and gets way too into the games. I'm pretty sure he'd, like, kill himself if the Steelers lost the Super Bowl.

So I hope they go to the Super Bowl and lose to the Seahawks.

Every 5 seconds a Steeler fan thinks about football, we love our Steelers so much. It's genuine, and when you're at Heinze Feild you get the sense that a Steeler would run through a wall for this city. And that's something special.

Green Bay and Pittsburgh. That would be a great game.

daz28
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:53 pm 
Star Sniper

Took Brady a while to show up, but he finally did. Shew, I was starting to get worried.

FUCK THE JETS!

X-pensfan
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:03 pm 
Star Sniper

daz28 wrote:
Took Brady a while to show up, but he finally did. Shew, I was starting to get worried.

FUCK THE JETS!

haha Holmes set down the blunt and made another epic playoff tdmcatch. :)

21-11 J. E. T. S.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:44 pm 
Captain Dynasty

good for the jets. they deserved it.

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:47 pm 
Star Sniper

Steelers get the big break. I wonder who will let down more, the Steelers for being relieved about not playing NE, or the Jets for putting everything they had into beating NE.

Predictions again??

GB at Chi - gonna go with GB...it's easy to pull for Rodgers and Cutler is an ass.

NYJ at Pitt - should be close, probably all defense and some sloppy play, but I say home field comes through again for Pitt.

Green Bay vs Pittsburgh - a great match-up except for being played on turf indoors (I hate domes, and I especially hate Super Bowls played in domes).

X-pensfan
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:51 pm 
Star Sniper

Tom Brady would not survive 4 games playing behind the Steelers o-line, his tears would make Crosby proud, but they would do him no good here.

He had ALL DAY to make the throws, and he failed. Very rare, bad, playoff performance by Brady.

AND HERE WE GO!!!!

I was at the game here when the Jets beat us! A lot of trickery! A lot of great special teams work! And great kicking!

Ben was off that game, maybe due to the visor thing he started to wear after getting his nose broke. And of course the broken foot he's still playing with since the Bills game hasn't healed. Also, Palumalu was out.

It's going to be different this time NY. VERY RARELY does a team beat the Steelers TWICE in a single season. I'm not convinced you can march in here and do that again. We are wise to your tricks. Ready to play. And oh yeah, the BEST defensive end in the business is ready to roll.

"there's a feeling I get, when I look to the west, and my spirit is calling for SEVEN SUPER BOWL WINS!"--Robert Plant.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:59 pm 
Cup Winner

Once again the Patriots lose because they can't play well against great defensive teams in the playoffs anymore.

third straight year the Patriots ended up losing because their offense was frustrated by great defensive schemes.

And for the AFC, I don't care who wins, I would rather the Jets win since they haven't won a Superbowl in 40 years or more. But I seriously doubt anyone is getting past the Packers. How do you simply dominate the number one seed in the NFC like they did and not be the heavy favorite right now.

31-36 for Aaron Rodgers and for 366 yards, and 3 TD's. And especially since they simply turned that game around.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

daz28
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:00 pm 
Star Sniper

Oh god this hurts. I'm happy for Shaun Ellis(big game) and LT, but screw the rest of the Jets. The only Steeler I like is James Farrior, so this should make for a hate-fest of an AFC game. Hoping Green Bay beats da Bears, but it's not a big deal, as long as the NFC wins it all.

...and ya, Brady was not good. Didn't like the way Bellicheat coached the end of the game either. Worst Patriot was the def. coordinator for not realizing sooner that they weren't going to let Sanchez throw it down field(aka beating themselves). That just wasn't the Patriot team we're used to. Maybe they have become complacent? I dunno.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next