It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Gasoline
 Post subject: Saints v. Hawks
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:06 pm 
7th Defenseman

First off, congrats to Pete Carroll.

Who else saw that BEAST of a run by Lynch? Holy God, I haven't seen a run that amazing in all my years watching handball.

CriminallyVu1gar
 Post subject: Re: Saints v. Hawks
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:10 pm 
Captain Dynasty

Hilarious. Hope everyone had fun gambling on the Saints -10.5

Seanothan27
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:12 pm 
Star Sniper

Wow. Is everyone going to stop bitching about them making the playoffs now? Yeah, probably not :P

Anybody lose their house to their bookie?

"Let's just trap Sekera in the caverns underneath HSBC arena." -BlueandYellow

Reporter: "Steve, you guys now lead the league in defensive scoring."
Montador: "It's probably because of how good-looking we are."

Van_Da_Man
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:09 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Or more importantly, does anyone now own their best friends house?

"I'm going to go to the spa and have a hot tub and massage and relax," Miller said. "That's it, and it's back to work tomorrow." Ryan Miller after clinching the North East division.

backthatSASSup
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:42 pm 
PP Quarterback

BEAST MODE!

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:45 pm 
Cup Winner

IT WAS A FLUKE!!!!!!!

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

daz28
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:32 am 
Star Sniper

I don't think 6 broken tackles is very fluky at all. Hope that was sarcasm.

PatGreen
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:13 am 
PP Quarterback

worst part is, espn says he actually broke 8. not many long runs impress me but daymnnnnnn

mechaphil
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:15 am 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Fuck Marshawn Lynch for never doing that here. Useless fuck.

Van_Da_Man
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:04 am 
Franchise Defenseman

Seahawks v Jets this super bowl. I'm predicting it because it would piss off the maximum amount of people.

"I'm going to go to the spa and have a hot tub and massage and relax," Miller said. "That's it, and it's back to work tomorrow." Ryan Miller after clinching the North East division.

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:46 am 
Star Sniper

Saints defense struggled badly without an injured Jenkins in the secondary. They couldn't figure out how to adjust until the second half. That was the biggest part of that upset yesterday.

Squanto
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:09 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:23 pm 
Cup Winner

The Saints are like the Colts, their offense is built to throw for 400 yards and score points, but their defense still lacks that finishing drive. You can't win in the NFL playoffs without a solid defense, the 2008 Superbowl with the Patriots would like to show you that.

That is another reason why I think the Pats won't win against the Jets, or whoever wins the Steelers/Ravens game, if they beat the Jets, and especially if they make the Superbowl. They honestly have the worst defense in these playoffs, statistically speaking of course.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

PatGreen
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:29 pm 
PP Quarterback

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
The Saints are like the Colts, their offense is built to throw for 400 yards and score points, but their defense still lacks that finishing drive. You can't win in the NFL playoffs without a solid defense, the 2008 Superbowl with the Patriots would like to show you that.

That is another reason why I think the Pats won't win against the Jets, or whoever wins the Steelers/Ravens game, if they beat the Jets, and especially if they make the Superbowl. They honestly have the worst defense in these playoffs, statistically speaking of course.

the only thing sort of right about your post is that the pats defense is statistically one of the worst teams in the playoffs. they are in fact second worst, behind the seahawks.

The Saints defense was missing one of their key players and they were ranked 4th....that's in the top 12% of the league...4th! in overall defense of the year. They were also 7th, that's the top 20ish % of the league in points allowed.

in 2008, the patriots gave up 17 points in the super bowl. since super bowl 25, only 8 teams have scored 17pts or less in the super bowl (that's out of twenty years). the defense wasn't the problem in that game. the reason the patriots lost is poor clock management and the inability to get a late first down. the giants also deserve more credit than the patriots do blame. if david tyree didn't come down with that one in a billion catch against his helmet, the game was over.

let's break down the patriots defense over the playoff teams since week 8.
week 10- patriots 39, steelers 26. absolute decimation of the steelers. 16 of the steelers points came in the 4th. roethlisberger threw 50 passes so they are bound to gain yards. the steelers were 1/2 in a 1st and goal situation and 2/5 in the red zone. 1 INT (returned for TD) and 5 sacks. was the NE defense great? no. but they played well.

week 11, pats 31 colts 28. they didn't play well, but they picked off manning 3 times and allowed 3.5 yards per carry for rushing.

week 13. pats 45 jets 3. ABSOLUTE WRECKING of one of the top 4 teams in the league at that point. 25% 3rd down conversion. they could have played better against the run. but they had such a lead they dropped their linebackers back to coverage most of the time. 3 INTs. jets were 0/2 in the red zone.

week 14. pats 36, bears 7. 2 ints, allowed 3.5 yds/rush, 12 first downs, less than 200 net yards. allowed only 20 minutes of ball control and 1/2 goal to go situations.

week 15. pats 31 pack 27. the d was 2/5 in the red zone and 1/2 in goal to go situations. they also were on the field for 40 minutes, which is a long, long time. they also had 5 sacks. did they play as well as they should have? no, but they did a lot of successful things.

at worst, they've been better than average in the last ten weeks against playoff teams. very few analysts, or even knowledgeable fans would say that the pats defense has been less than effective and has gotten better as the season progressed, which makes it the most dangerous. not to mention belicheck owns every team in the playoffs but the colts, has played them all numerous times, and has had two weeks to prepare for the jets.

i'm not saying the patriots are goin to win it all, but i am saying they are definitely a team to be respected.

god i miss when the bills were in the playoffs. FLUTIE COME BACK

Edit: tl;dr
the patriots defense kicked a lot of butt in the last couple months and the saints defense was very good this year. WHY AREN'T THE BILLS GOOD

PatGreen
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:34 pm 
PP Quarterback

Squanto wrote:

the best part about that play is hasselbeck throwing one of the last blocks. that's my kind of QB

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:00 pm 
Cup Winner

Nice Pat. Honestly I didn't know that about the Saints D and how good they really were, since the Bills sucked I didn't watch much football again this year.

I respect the Patriots, but I just want to see them fail in every way. :D

Rud wrote: