It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

X-pensfan
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:10 pm 
Star Sniper

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/01/21/steelers.roethlisberger.redemption/index.html?hpt=C1

I'm posting this just to inform some of you who may care enough about your own opinions to have them based off of actual information. My personal opinion is that I don't like the guy, but I respect the legal system and I recognize mans desire to bang hot college chicks as nothing more than fun but only if consensual.

"And I love that I have an erection that doesn't involve homeless people." Kreiger

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:20 pm 
Captain Dynasty

did he try to be the next ghost rider again?

gr8daygo
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:26 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

E X C E L L E N C E

Squanto
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:08 am 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

Meh.

I respect the fact that a Super Bowl winning QB with a team of lawyers probably has enough money to convince the alleged victim not to press charges and drop the case, which is what happened.

Maybe Pittsburgh residents feel that winning another championship somehow redeems him from sexual assault and general ass-hattery, but good for them. I feel like saying a championship makes it all better is a shallow way to see it.

X-pensfan
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:39 am 
Star Sniper

Squanto wrote:
Meh.

I respect the fact that a Super Bowl winning QB with a team of lawyers probably has enough money to convince the alleged victim not to press charges and drop the case, which is what happened.

Maybe Pittsburgh residents feel that winning another championship somehow redeems him from sexual assault and general ass-hattery, but good for them. I feel like saying a championship makes it all better is a shallow way to see it.

Oh is that "what happened". I guess you were replacing the urinal cakes at the time.

"And I love that I have an erection that doesn't involve homeless people." Kreiger

Squanto
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:53 am 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

The 'what happened' was in reference to the victim dropping the case, which is true.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:58 pm 
Captain Dynasty

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
did he try to be the next ghost rider again?

hahaha, if only

X-pensfan
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:54 pm 
Star Sniper

Squanto wrote:
The 'what happened' was in reference to the victim dropping the case, which is true.

She dropped the case because she/they had no case. She followed him around all night wearing a "Down to Fuck" t-shirt, no evidence of any bodily harm at all, told two different stories to the authorities, no screams of rape, no signs of struggle, no gizz, nothing. Just some jerk water lawyer trying to make a name for himself and a unscrupulous whore looking to make a buck. Don't get me wrong I still think Roethlisberger is a jagoff for many reasons besides being a womanizer, but you could leave the rich lawyers at home and have the case dropped with a crack head dressed as a clown representing you. I was quick to believe that he did it because he seems like such a douche fucker, but when you take a step back and look at it objectionably the only thing wrong he did was bang a somewhat hot college chick on his birthday. If you can't bang hot college chicks then why even bother to become a pro-athlete?

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:18 pm 
Cup Winner

Had he not had the money he would have been convicted.

If you have sex with anyone that is drunk and you are not, regardless i they consented that is still considered rape because they were inebriated and didn't have a conscious choice in the matter.

Even though alcohol is an excuse used by women who say they wouldn't do that while sober which is also clearly a lie.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:32 pm 
Captain Dynasty

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:

If you have sex with anyone that is drunk and you are not, regardless i they consented that is still considered rape because they were inebriated and didn't have a conscious choice in the matter.

i dont think so. its not morally right, but i dont think its illegal.

fly as hale
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:43 pm 
Mrs. Miller

ironyisadeadscene wrote:

It's a blurred line between "morally right" and rape in a situation like that.

Hockey Night in Buffalo

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:50 pm 
Cup Winner

It's not like first degree rape, but I think it's like statutory rape or something. Basically, just don't do it.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Squanto
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:53 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:

Only if they can prove that they were drunk enough that they could not give consent. That doesn't mean being hammered and making a poor choice to go home with someone. That means someone who cannot walk/stand/talk on their own because they are too drunk.

The 'I was drunk' defense has been under scrutiny for years because women had a few beers, had sex with a guy, regretted it later, and filed a rape charge.

Squanto
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:55 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
It's not like first degree rape, but I think it's like statutory rape or something. Basically, just don't do it.

Statutory rape is a sex act that is by legal definition rape. It's almost exclusively for sex involving minors.

Having sex with a drunk woman is not instantly a rape charge.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:10 pm 
Captain Dynasty

fly as hale wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:

It's a blurred line between "morally right" and rape in a situation like that.

ive had sex with drunk girls while sober.

but i was in long term relationships with both of em. so its ok.

fly as hale
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:31 pm 
Mrs. Miller

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
ive had sex with drunk girls while sober.

but i was in long term relationships with both of em. so its ok.

Okay.

Hockey Night in Buffalo

daz28
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:16 am 
Star Sniper

I'm assuming Ben told the commish(or someone leaked it)the truth, and that's why he got a 6 game suspension. Under NO circumstances would I stand for a suspension because I got laid. I also wouldn't apologize or regret the behavior. If he were completely innocent, then Travis Henry and McGahee would have both been perpetually suspended. If you think Ben is completely innocent, you're fooling yourself. To the semi-educated laymen on the street, he's guilty as sin.

X-pensfan
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:35 pm 
Star Sniper

daz28 wrote:
I'm assuming Ben told the commish(or someone leaked it)the truth, and that's why he got a 6 game suspension. Under NO circumstances would I stand for a suspension because I got laid. I also wouldn't apologize or regret the behavior. If he were completely innocent, then Travis Henry and McGahee would have both been perpetually suspended. If you think Ben is completely innocent, you're fooling yourself. To the semi-educated laymen on the street, he's guilty as sin.

Roethlisberger represents the NFL and more importantly (to me anyways) the Pittsburgh Steelers. We have enough problems with wide receivers that can't hide their pot, line backers who can't keep their dogs from chewing everything from their neighbors ponies to their own kids, and of course the deplorable wife beaters. We don't need our franchise QB raping women or being called one, it's a poor reflection on the Steelers and the city itself. Either he thought about that or he didn't. Either way he's guilty and deserved the games. Rumor has it there were some very interesting trade offers being made by the Steelers, but they are giving him one last chance. Harrison hasn't stepped out of line (off the field) since his talk with the Roonies, Holmes has sent packing after his second mistake. Seems like Roethlisberger has been given more slack, but I think he's finally gotten the message. He's supposedly getting married this summer.

Los9090
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:26 am 
Superstar Goalie

I saw a blurb of his interview on SportsCenter and he sounded so FAKE. "yeah, I want to win this for the fans as a token of appreciation" or whatever. Basically saying, "SORRY! I Fucked up!! I won the Super Bowl!! All is forgiven!!!"

X-pensfan
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:16 pm 
Star Sniper

Los9090 wrote:
I saw a blurb of his interview on SportsCenter and he sounded so FAKE. "yeah, I want to win this for the fans as a token of appreciation" or whatever. Basically saying, "SORRY! I Fucked up!! I won the Super Bowl!! All is forgiven!!!"

He can make it up but staying out of the media until he isn't a STeeler anymore. In the meantime, if he wants to win Super Bowls I don't mind that...