It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:28 am 
Star Sniper

Pretty good game, but not more than the 8th or 9th best Super Bowl. If the lead changed hands a few times it would have been better. This game just boiled down to Pittsburgh making too many mistakes. R-berger and then Mendenhall turning it over (although the O-line totally blew their assignments on that fumble), and the defense giving up big 3rd downs in the 2nd half.

There were major injuries to both teams which really threw the random factor into the mix. Dropped passes, some blown or just plain bad coverages by back-ups, bad penalties...it was actually a sloppy game. Pitt moved the ball better but holy crap, you can't win when the TOs are 3-0 against you. Even still, it's good to see Rodgers get some deserved recognition, and the Packers managed to come through despite Driver and Woodson getting knocked out of the game. They deserved it.

gr8daygo
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:41 am 
Franchise Defenseman

worst commercials ever... WTF... VW was ok and pepper sneezing was funny... but other than that... piss poor effort by the admen

E X C E L L E N C E

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:46 am 
Star Sniper

Sabresfansince1980 wrote:
http://blog.games.yahoo.com/blog/355-steelers-will-win-super-bowl-xlv-predicts-madden-11

Here it is...Madden 11 predicts Pitt 24 - GB 20. The SB simulation is 6/7 so far, only missing the NYG upset over the Pats. Now we can all go for a long nature walk Sunday evening instead.

In a rather ironic twist, I actually had to search a three mile hiking trail for two hours for work purposes and missed the first quarter. However, the Madden predictometer fell short, and I was lucky to not miss the whole thing.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:23 am 
Cup Winner

Had number 87 not dropped so many passes tonight this game would have been a very ugly game for Pittsburgh, he had two or three TD passes right in his arms.

It was a good game, and Rodgers threw the ball better, no TO's is the biggest reason the Packers won.

I'm glad though.

I hope we see x-pens again, don't want him to commit suicide over this game.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:10 am 
Captain Dynasty

stairway to greg motherfucking jennings. from kalamazoo, michigan. not a big deal.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:37 am 
Captain Dynasty

I don't even care enough to gloat. The game was kind of boring, though the Steelers drawing to within 4 kept me from turning it off to make dinner. The halftime show was entertaining, I hope they get someone like Miley next year, and Rodgers deserved the MVP. Maybe I'm just souring on football.

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:39 am 
Star Sniper

Yeah, I think if the Super Bowl is not a total blowout and you almost turn it off, but don't because of the halftime show, you're kinda souring on football...lol.

Squanto
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:58 am 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

The terrible make it up as you go along officiating is turning me off to the game.

I can't see how that one play wasn't a catch, fumble, recovery. He had possession of the ball, two feet down, turned upfield, and took a step before being tackled.

How that is not a catch is beyond me. That's either a catch / fumble / recovery , or catch / knee down. I can't fathom how it wasn't.

Past that, the celebration penalty was trash. It's the freaking Super Bowl. Some of the sack dances were more crazier than that.

X-pensfan
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:41 pm 
Star Sniper

I drank 16 beers last night and I do not have a hangover! Thanks Penn Pilsner, for not using crappy ingredients!

And thank you PITTSBURGH STEELERS for another AMAZING season of football action! I love that team so much right now, I feel bad for the players, not so much for myself, although I am disappointed too.

It honestly does not hurt as bad losing to Green bay. I respect everything about their city and their team, and I love the way they play football. They are the one team that plays Steeler football BETTER than the Steelers. And like Roethlisberger said, "They have the better quarterback.". No doubt about that. They played a hell of a game, we turned the ball over and they didn't.

I live in a suburb away from the hustle and bustle of the Flats but I could still hear sirens this morning LOL. I hope there's some city left. Pittsburgh cops are notoriously brutal, so there should be a few people left.

Christina still looks amazing to me, that little bit of fat makes her even more accessible.I like that. And her voice melts my heart and warms my loins. The halftime show was a visual success but I wish they could have found some real talent. Fergie sounded like a wounded raccoon trying to get through 30 seconds of Sweet Child O' Mine. What did America do to deserve that?!

The game itself was fun to watch, very entertaining for those who know what to look for. Not the instant gratification dunking contest the average fan wants to see, but a great football game nonetheless.

Regarding Ben Roethlisberger, he remains the most infuriating player I have ever known. The tinted visor? Really Ovechkin? He started to wear a visor to protect his broken nose. His accuracy suffered so he took it off and bingo...Old Ben was back. Then he starts every game with it and by the end of the game he doesn't have it on. We keep winning so I guess that's why he keeps doing it. Then the moron wears it in a domed stadium, as predicted his accuracy is awful, but this time he wears it the entire game and we lose. He is an idiot.

My brother told me last week that this is the stage karma shows up for. When bad people have bad things coming to them, justice usually waits for the biggest moments. I suppose karma has served justice to Big Ben. If you believe in that sort of thing.

At least now we are tied for the most Super Bowl appearances, that's a nice parting gift. 6-2 is still the best. Looking ahead to next season I think it's time to replace some aging parts on defense. It breaks my heart but Smith has been through so much and at 35, it's time. Farrior is the ultimate warrior, it makes me said but his career is nearing its end. Wille Gay MOST GO. Every game, every year, he is the Achille's Heel to an otherwise strong secondary. Enough is enough, no more GAY! The offensive line has been a juggling act and a disaster ever since the 15-1 season when everybody left for the money or retired. They finally found another world class center (as is a Steelers birth right), and Pouncey is just entering his best years. I wish him a speedy recovery. The rest of the line...

Oh and I love our young wide receivers! Sanders, Wallace, and Brown. All keepers! Next season will definitely be Ward's last. We will also get back the best punter in the game, and it's time to upgrade the kicking game to what it was before Reed became a fuck head and was kicked off the team midway through the season.

"And I love that I have an erection that doesn't involve homeless people." Kreiger

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:53 pm 
Captain Dynasty

gr8daygo wrote:
worst commercials ever... WTF... VW was ok and pepper sneezing was funny... but other than that... piss poor effort by the admen

i dunno, eminems homage to detroit was pretty fuckin awesome, even if his music sucks.

the halftime show was terrible. even the blackeyed peas thought it sucked. fergie couldnt carry a tune in a bucket.

usually, one show will be hip hop, the next will be rock, so, IF theres a superbowl next year (lockout seems eminent) i expect to see a rock show. who, i dunno.

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:13 pm 
Superstar Goalie

After watching that yesterday I remembered why I don't like football. Shitty refs, shitty celebrations, shitty egos, shitty half time show and only 16 minutes of actual football played. I could put up with everything if the ratio of football to bullshit was better. That's why I like hockey. 60 minutes of playing....not standing around jawing while the clock keeps running. Also, with a minute and a half left the game is over.....no chance of last minute nail biting.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:25 pm 
Cup Winner

Squanto wrote:
The terrible make it up as you go along officiating is turning me off to the game.

I can't see how that one play wasn't a catch, fumble, recovery. He had possession of the ball, two feet down, turned upfield, and took a step before being tackled.

How that is not a catch is beyond me. That's either a catch / fumble / recovery , or catch / knee down. I can't fathom how it wasn't.

Past that, the celebration penalty was trash. It's the freaking Super Bowl. Some of the sack dances were more crazier than that.

I was arguing that also with the people in the same room with me last night.

I could see it not getting overturned because of what they called on the field, but I was still questionable about that call. It seems to me he had possession enough to fumble the ball and get a recovery.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

PatGreen
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:01 pm 
PP Quarterback

CriminallyVu1gar wrote:
I don't even care enough to gloat. The game was kind of boring, though the Steelers drawing to within 4 kept me from turning it off to make dinner. The halftime show was entertaining, I hope they get someone like Miley next year, and Rodgers deserved the MVP. Maybe I'm just souring on football.

you thought the halftime show was entertaining? it sucked until the last three minutes. for an arena rock band the black eyed peas have surprisingly little stage presence...and it's blasphemy for fergie to sing sweet child o mine. just like it was when avril lavigne covered metallicas' fuel.

PatGreen
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:02 pm 
PP Quarterback

Squanto wrote:

didn't have control for any length of time. yes, slow mo shows he had it for a fraction of a second, and i don't think he took a step, he just landed. it is frustrating though.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:07 pm 
Cup Winner

PatGreen wrote:
CriminallyVu1gar wrote:

you thought the halftime show was entertaining? it sucked until the last three minutes. for an arena rock band the black eyed peas have surprisingly little stage presence...and it's blasphemy for fergie to sing sweet child o mine. just like it was when avril lavigne covered metallicas' fuel.

There were a few vids on youtube i watched of Fergie singing Sweet Child O Mine and she wasn't too bad, she's no Axel of course, and when Avril did Fuel I was like she's singing it lower then Hetfield does originally.

I walked out of the room when the BEP came onto stage and didn't care to listen to them, to me they suck.

Rud wrote:

PatGreen
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:19 pm 
PP Quarterback

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
There were a few vids on youtube i watched of Fergie singing Sweet Child O Mine and she wasn't too bad, she's no Axel of course, and when Avril did Fuel I was like she's singing it lower then Hetfield does originally.

it's not about the talent...it's that some songs should not be sung outside the original voices. like what if carrie underwood covered texas flood?

by the way, the only instrument during the whole halftime show was slash's guitar, and as soon as he started a solo, they turned his amp down. not even ten seconds of shredding. bullshit.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:24 pm 
Captain Dynasty

PatGreen wrote:
CriminallyVu1gar wrote:

It was entertaining because it was so bad, pretty much like every halftime show I've seen.

I don't think Metallica's Fuel is significantly better than Avril's, though perhaps slightly.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:04 pm 
Cup Winner

PatGreen wrote:
Skyline_BNR34 wrote:

it's not about the talent...it's that some songs should not be sung outside the original voices. like what if carrie underwood covered texas flood?

by the way, the only instrument during the whole halftime show was slash's guitar, and as soon as he started a solo, they turned his amp down. not even ten seconds of shredding. bullshit.

I can agree with that.

The thing with Texas Flood for me at least isn't about SRV singing it, it's how he played it on guitar which makes the difference.

Rud wrote:

X-pensfan
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:21 pm 
Star Sniper

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2011/02/07 ... ry/?hpt=C2

No wonder commercials are so expensive.

"And I love that I have an erection that doesn't involve homeless people." Kreiger

fan4life61
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:03 am 
PP Quarterback

CriminallyVu1gar wrote:

I don't think Metallica's Fuel is significantly better than Avril's, though perhaps slightly.

"on the ice now for buffalo, looking for the pass, and gets it, afinogenov, couldnt get the shot away, now HE DOES, HE SCORES!!!! HOLY MACKEREL ROLE THE HIGH LIGHT FILM, MAXIM AFINOGENOV, WHAT A MOVE!!!!.... thats not fair... that was unbelievable"
-R.J. and Lorenz

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next