It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:06 pm 
Cup Winner

Haha Mike, not a baseball fan anyways.

I was on an airplane and sat next to the daughter of a Pirates player like 10 years ago.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

X-pensfan
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:12 pm 
Star Sniper

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
Umm I hate the Jets also, I don't care if they got knocked out either, and I hate the Steelers, I didn't want either team to make it that far. Why do you think I'm pulling so hard for the Packers to win it all?

I simply hate the Steelers and everything about Pittsburgh sports teams.

And you can't use past games from different seasons to compare any game today. It's pointless and stupid. Because the teams get better and are a year older and more experienced.

Can't say that I'm shocked, what with all of the non objective haters. In 2008 the Steelers were the WC team won THREE GAMES ON THE ROAD and then won the most entertaining SB game in history and you would call them "lucky". And they are still "lucky" when they are helped to beat a team after earning home field advantage during the regular season. You're opinion means shit because you don't have the ability to think rationally. You can't even figure out a difference from one year to the next you just keep complaining about how it's unfair to compare teams a single year a part. Just enjoy the Super Bowl kid, or don't.

"And I love that I have an erection that doesn't involve homeless people." Kreiger

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:26 pm 
Captain Dynasty

X-pensfan wrote:
Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
Umm I hate the Jets also, I don't care if they got knocked out either, and I hate the Steelers, I didn't want either team to make it that far. Why do you think I'm pulling so hard for the Packers to win it all?

And you can't use past games from different seasons to compare any game today. It's pointless and stupid. Because the teams get better and are a year older and more experienced.

Can't say that I'm shocked, what with all of the non objective haters. In 2008 the Steelers were the WC team won THREE GAMES ON THE ROAD and then won the most entertaining SB game in history and you would call them "lucky". And they are still "lucky" when they are helped to beat a team after earning home field advantage during the regular season. You're opinion means shit because you don't have the ability to think rationally. You can't even figure out a difference from one year to the next you just keep complaining about how it's unfair to compare teams a single year a part. Just enjoy the Super Bowl kid, or don't.

The Broncos - Packers super bowl was way more entertaining. That Steelers - Cardinals game was a snoozer until the fourth quarter.

That 08 Steelers team went 12-4, won the division, got a first round bye and beat San Diego and Baltimore en route to the Super Bowl. No wild card wins. And you call yourself a fan?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/t ... t/2008.htm

Van_Da_Man
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:32 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

X-pensfan wrote:
Skyline_BNR34 wrote:

Hey hey, relax. Deep breaths. Save it for when the Packers win the SB. ;)

In all honesty, I just want this game to be over. The suspense is killing me.

"I'm going to go to the spa and have a hot tub and massage and relax," Miller said. "That's it, and it's back to work tomorrow." Ryan Miller after clinching the North East division.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:33 pm 
Cup Winner

Dude what the fuck is your problem. The teams are different year in and year out, even if they have the same players or 80% of the players. One more year experience at the QB position can make quite the difference in a player and at every position on the field. And because the Steelers only won that game by one point they should be deeply worried about the Packers then if you want to use old stats from not even the same season.

And Superbowl XL was boring as shit, the Seahawks got destroyed, it wasn't even a close game. Exciting Superbowls are ones like When Indy Beat the Bears, the Giants beat the Patriots, even last years game with the Saints, and the Steelers against the Cardinals, those were exciting Superbowls, not Superbowl XL.

I can think rationally all I want, and I know about football, I've been watching football my entire life also. I know how to play football, I've seen enough football to know whats going on and how to beat specific teams. I always said the way to beat the Patriots is by forcing pressure on Brady every down and get him off his rhythm, that's what the Jets were able to do because they had the talent to do so.

To beat the Steelers, shut down their run game and force Ben to throw the ball, and get pressure on Ben. The biggest thing is to shut down the run game and you can win. The way to beat the Packers is the same thing, shut down the aerial attack and limit the run also. Rodgers can air the ball out and so could Ben. This Superbowl will be a very exciting one to watch regardless who wins. I just don't want to see an accused rapist get more rings.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:09 pm 
Captain Dynasty

ben says hes not gonna wear a helmet during the superbowl, as he doesnt believe in wearing helmets.

www.fuckthesteelers.com/bigbenrape.htm

Seanothan27
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:05 pm 
Star Sniper

Superbowl 34 was the most exciting in my opinion

Steelers 17
Packers 28

"Let's just trap Sekera in the caverns underneath HSBC arena." -BlueandYellow

Reporter: "Steve, you guys now lead the league in defensive scoring."
Montador: "It's probably because of how good-looking we are."

daz28
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:16 am 
Star Sniper

Maybe you guys ought to get a VCR, and rent SB 25. It was pretty fun.

PatGreen
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:23 am 
PP Quarterback

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
I know about football, I've been watching football my entire life also. I know how to play football, I've seen enough football to know whats going on and how to beat specific teams. I always said the way to beat the Patriots is by forcing pressure on Brady every down and get him off his rhythm, that's what the Jets were able to do because they had the talent to do so.

To beat the Steelers, shut down their run game and force Ben to throw the ball, and get pressure on Ben. The biggest thing is to shut down the run game and you can win. The way to beat the Packers is the same thing, shut down the aerial attack and limit the run also. Rodgers can air the ball out and so could Ben. This Superbowl will be a very exciting one to watch regardless who wins. I just don't want to see an accused rapist get more rings.

your analysis is like me saying the best way to grow a beard is to not shave.

of course putting pressure on a pass oriented team is going to make it hard for them to win. that's like saying if you stop Oakland's run they're probably going to lose.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:37 am 
Captain Dynasty

Seanothan27 wrote:

Superbowl 34 was the most exciting in my opinion

Steelers 17
Packers 28

that was one of the best moments of my life, and one of the most emotional.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:54 am 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Rud wrote:
Two words: Championship Belt.

Go Pack.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:11 am 
Cup Winner

PatGreen wrote:
Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
I know about football, I've been watching football my entire life also. I know how to play football, I've seen enough football to know whats going on and how to beat specific teams. I always said the way to beat the Patriots is by forcing pressure on Brady every down and get him off his rhythm, that's what the Jets were able to do because they had the talent to do so.

your analysis is like me saying the best way to grow a beard is to not shave.

of course putting pressure on a pass oriented team is going to make it hard for them to win. that's like saying if you stop Oakland's run they're probably going to lose.

But am I wrong in saying that? No, I am not then.

You still need the talent to be able to make that game plan, not every team has that talent, obviously 5 sacks on Brady was enough.

Put the game into Ben's hands and force him to make throws he doesn't want to make will let the Packers win.

It's going to be a good game, two strong defenses colliding, but I still think Rodgers is the better QB to win this game if it has to get put into his arm.

Rud wrote:

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:17 am 
Captain Dynasty

i know football too. listen. if the packers score more points then the steelers, the packers will win.

Markus
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:59 am 
Power Forward

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
i know football too. listen. if the packers score more points then the steelers, the packers will win.

Debatable.

PatGreen
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:10 am 
PP Quarterback

ironyisadeadscene wrote:

high five

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:56 pm 
Cup Winner

Haha

Rud wrote:

X-pensfan
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:35 am 
Star Sniper

The news in Pittsburgh is about what the Steelers eat, the color of their stool, their favorite positions, what they are wearing, and how they are sleeping. :doh:

Snap the ball already.

"And I love that I have an erection that doesn't involve homeless people." Kreiger

X-pensfan
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:14 am 
Star Sniper

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11032/1122075-66.stm

Palumalu beat out the GB hippy for DPoY.

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:10 pm 
Star Sniper

http://blog.games.yahoo.com/blog/355-st ... -madden-11

Here it is...Madden 11 predicts Pitt 24 - GB 20. The SB simulation is 6/7 so far, only missing the NYG upset over the Pats. Now we can all go for a long nature walk Sunday evening instead.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:19 pm 
Captain Dynasty

The steelers and pens can lose on the same day. Awesome.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next