It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Montalo
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:01 pm 
PP Quarterback

B. Thomas Golisano said goodbye to the Buffalo Sabres on Thursday. But he certainly left open the possibility that it was not his final farewell to the Buffalo sports scene.

While officially confirming the sale of his team to Pennsylvania billionaire Terry Pegula, Golisano spoke publicly for the first time about possibly owning the Buffalo Bills in the post-Ralph Wilson era.

The message was clear: Golisano bought the Sabres in 2003 to prevent them from skipping town — and he would certainly be interested in doing the same for the Bills if it looked like they were packing up.

"I think the key issue would be the level of concern I would have about them leaving the community," Golisano said during a news conference in the HSBC Arena pavilion. "And the higher the concern, the more interest I probably would have.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabre ... 331944.ece

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:26 pm 
Cup Winner

Is he more of a football guy, he sure would make plenty more dough selling the Bills later on.

I actually hope he does buy them, or backs Jim Kelly or something. I'm sure BTG is gonna be getting calls from Kelly now.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Van_Da_Man
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:11 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

I love that guy. Keeping teams in Buffalo. He might not be amazing with them once he gets them, but good lord he loves his Buffalo teams.

"I'm going to go to the spa and have a hot tub and massage and relax," Miller said. "That's it, and it's back to work tomorrow." Ryan Miller after clinching the North East division.

Sabretooth
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:53 pm 
Garbage Man

Is there any room for Larry Quinn to take ownership of the Bills? I am sure everyone would like to see Ralph Wilson's clone do more damage on the football side of things. Wrong I am.