It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:17 pm 
Star Sniper

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=a ... andsignals

Really? What a vain attempt to retain some form of significance. Being an attention whore, at his own teams' expense, no less.

Squanto
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:43 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

Oh my God. Fucking get over yourself. Olberman has been writing about baseball much longer than he's been involved in political commentary. He saw it, tweeted the pic, then OTHER MEDIA OUTLETS WENT APE SHIT OVER IT.

He wrote on his baseball blog that he was surprised there was such an uproar about it now, considering they'd been doing this for at least a couple years.

He wasn't trying to be attention whore, or relevant, or any of that this.

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:53 pm 
Star Sniper

Yeah, tweet the picture and then back off with the, "oh what's the big deal" response. If it wasn't a big deal, why did he post it?

"Fucking get over yourself"???

Another great example of moderation on the Junkie.

Why are you a moderator?

Why do the other mods allow you to hurl f-bombs and such around here like lolly pops?

Squanto
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:57 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

Why do people post pictures of anything? He found it interesting. He posted it on the internets, and others found it interesting too.

Last I checked, everyone was allowed to say 'fuck' as much as they wanted. It's not against the rules. To your question as to why I'm a moderator? I was asked to. I've also asked to give it up about 10 times in the last 6 months, because I'm sick and tired of people like yourself playing the mod card every time I come at them with an opinion they don't like.

You don't like it? Complain to Ed.

In the meantime, if I see someone say something I feel is stupid. I'll give my opinion on it. Moderator title or not.

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:59 pm 
Star Sniper

Call it stupid then, and leave out the f-bombs. Is that too hard?

Squanto
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:01 am 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

It's how I talk. It's not my most endearing quality, but I was brought up in a family that liberally sprinkled the word. I'm not proud of it, but it is what it is.

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:05 am 
Star Sniper

Swell, and uncalled for, and really lame.

Squanto
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:08 am 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

Does my use of the word 'fuck' in any way change the substance of my argument here? I don't think it does.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:17 am 
Cup Winner

The fucking fuck just fucking happened?

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:48 am 
Star Sniper

Who cares? You're just deflecting now. The whole topic isn't worth much arguing in the first place. I just don't see how your response is reasonable in any way. I use foul language all day every day with almost everyone I work with, but I don't use it to address people here. That's no excuse.

I would get pissed with anyone else here coming at me that way, but I'd expect a moderator to deal with it. So when I respond to you about it, I don't respond the way I would (or did) with people like ETC, because I expect a better response from moderators. I actually respond to you with a lot of restraint, because I assume you'll eventually post differently. Still waiting though...

YankeeInRaleigh
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:13 am 
Franchise Defenseman

Ok, I understand you two bitching at each other...but I dont understand the point of the thread, how is Olbermann 'desperate for attention' and 'putting on a tinfoil hat'? The link took me to some article about how he posted a picture on his twitter account, and that was about it. Can you bridge the gap for me SFS1980, cuz i'm not seeing what you're talking about.

Squanto
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:10 am 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

Short version: SF1980 doesn't like Olberman's style or politics, so he finds it necessary to take a shot at him whenever possible.

You're spot on with my sentiments. He put a picture on Twitter. That's it. It wasn't some calculated move to attract attention. Olberman has been writing about baseball for years, well before he was even on Sportcenter, let alone talking politics.

YankeeInRaleigh
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:06 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Squanto wrote:

He put a picture on Twitter. That's it.

I would have guessed it would take more than that for SFS1980 to say he's got on his tin foil hat, and is desperate for attention. Some soundbite or something else vaguely damning? SFS1980, is there anything else?

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:44 pm 
Captain Dynasty

i like olbermanns politics.
i like olbermanns baseball writings more. he knows his shit.
fuck the yankees.
of COURSE this is against my tigers.

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:57 pm 
Star Sniper

There was a follow point I was going to make, but it immediately went off track with unprovoked f-bombs. FWIW, Olbermann, regardless of his politics, goes over the top with dramatic license with his commentaries. I was also going over the top with dramatic license to make an ironic point.

He posted the pic, and incorrectly stated that the Yankee employee was signaling what pitch was thrown. He was giving pitch speeds that would've shown on the scoreboard. Either way it wasn't anything worth a second notice, but once he tweeted it (and he's dumb for not thinking it would get too much attention) it caught fire and unwarranted criticism.

I took that and made it out, like many others have, that Olbermann assumed conspiracy by his own team to gain an advantage. I'm going to guess that he didn't, but he should also know better than to post that and not know it would cause a stir.

Ironically, squanto gets overly offended by me, thinking that I'm getting overly offended by Olbermann, when I was really making an ironic point about Olbermann's penchant for drama. Of course if I was poking fun at some blow hard he doesn't like he never would've objected. Whatever way you slice it, squanto threw in the unprovoked personal f-bomb. Not just "f this or that", but aimed at me. We had a drawn out spat between others over a rather rudely typed "be quiet" comment, but sqaunto can hurl f-bombs at people as a mod and expect it to just blow over like nothing. See how ironic this whole thread is now?

Squanto
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:03 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

Jesus christ.

So complain to Ed. I don't want to be a mod. I've asked to not be one. I have better things to do with my time then listen to butthurt from people like you who are apparently easily offended.

Oh, and for the record, it was ONE unprovoked f-bomb. Not plural.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:06 pm 
Cup Winner

People take the Internet too seriously. Jesus fucking Christ, grow up.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:17 pm 
Captain Dynasty

steal that sign, hughes. home run, cabby.

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:18 pm 
Star Sniper

Squanto wrote:
Jesus christ.

So complain to Ed. I don't want to be a mod. I've asked to not be one. I have better things to do with my time then listen to butthurt from people like you who are apparently easily offended.

Oh, and for the record, it was ONE unprovoked f-bomb. Not plural.

You're the one getting butthurt, responding to almost every damn post I make outside of the sabres/nhla talk. You've been like my own personal cyber stalker for the last few months on here. I'm damned tired of it already. If you don't want to be a mod, then get a spine and stop doing it because you are as much of an instigator as anyone else here. I reported the post last night because you won't stop being an ass to me. I don't know what the better response is from me anymore, because doing nothing didn't change it, calling you out as reasonably as possible without reporting you (as if it's necessary) didn't change anything. So am I supposed to just act like another jackass and drop curses at you, inflame the boards...what?

The simplest answer is that you just stop being so damn rude. Too hard I guess.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:22 pm 
Captain Dynasty

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
People take the Internet too seriously. Jesus fucking Christ, grow up.

ill throw my hat into the ring. some people, like myself, thrive off driven discussion and love to argue. sometimes, i take it too far, and i need to learn to pick my battles sometime, but it happens.

in the end, im learning to get less butt hurt about it, or trying, but sometimes, thats just the way people are.

but in this case... i dont get it.