It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

patkane88
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:31 am 
Captain Clutch

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
i dunno. these guys play the game against these guys, so i take their word for it.

But Longoria and Pujols?? I think some players that voted must have personal vendettas with both of them, it might also have to do with how shitty they have started out the 2011 year.

Twitter @BUrbanowicz13

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:22 am 
Captain Dynasty

patkane88 wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:
i dunno. these guys play the game against these guys, so i take their word for it.

But Longoria and Pujols?? I think some players that voted must have personal vendettas with both of them, it might also have to do with how shitty they have started out the 2011 year.

dunno. on my team, we have a kid that everyone says is the best player on our team. he is really good, but ive seen him drop fly balls, strike out, hit for a much lower average then some players. but the perception is because he was on a state runner up team from my highschool, hes the best.

by the way, i have the best batting average on my team. SUCK IT! ;)

but im no major leaguer.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:28 am 
Cup Winner

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:36 am 
Captain Dynasty

fake

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:38 am 
Cup Winner

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
fake

So what, it's still a cool video, just like the NFL fantasy draft ads last year.

Plus, baseball is still gay, and every player is overrated.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:31 pm 
Captain Dynasty

well isnt that a compelling argument.

too bad hitting a round ball with a round bat, squarely, is the hardest thing to do in all of sports.

patkane88
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:42 pm 
Captain Clutch

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:
fake

Plus, baseball is still gay, and every player is overrated.

Idiot post of the day goes to you congrats :whistle: :roll:

Twitter @BUrbanowicz13

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:42 am 
Star Sniper

1st - I don't know how you can be so overjoyed by this list. If it were up to you, Jeter would be the most overrated player in the entire history of every sport - including backyard left-handed whiffle ball and basement rollar hockey. His 3rd place vote is a monumental moral loss for your Jeter hatred.

2nd - You cling to the idea that Jeter's status (still overblown in your mind) is mostly due to playing in NY. If that were the case, why aren't Don Mattingly and Dave Winfield "legends" of the game?? They were great ball players, but nobody brings them up when talking about the greats. Jeter's status is due to his post-season success, by far and away. You can argue all you want that it shouldn't be, but that's just the way it is in every major sport. Make a ton of playoff appearances and have a ton of success, and you'll be considered a hall of famer in almost every case.

3rd - your therapy obviously isn't working. Time for the psychotropic drugs.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:10 am 
Captain Dynasty

the funny thing is, it isnt up to me. this list was made by players who make a living playing against these players. call it a hunch, but id assume they know what they are talking about.

my yankee hatred is very obvious, but you are the only one to take it personally, which is honestly pretty funny to me.

oh, and heres the best part. apparently, him being one of the most overrated players in baseball isnt due to his slow start this year. he was voted the most overrated player in baseball in 2008 by players.

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2008-06 ... series-mvp

i didnt bother to look up other years.

beauty is in the eye of the beholder. if you disagree, thats great. while i feel jeter is overrated, hes certainly had a good career and i give him some credit. hes not worthless (thats magglio ordonez... that fucking doucher.) but i certainly dont think to myself while watching him: this is one of the greats.

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:22 am 
Star Sniper

I don't take your Yankee/Jeter hatred personally at all. I just like to poke fun at you over it. Pointing out that players made the list again?? So what? I don't have a Jeter fathead...I know he's overrated to some extent. You think these guys don't take some skewed personal feelings to these rankings also? You're fooling yourself if you think not. Take this poll ten years ago and Jeter wouldn't be anywhere near the top.

So what though? Stuff like this doesn't matter unless you eat, sleep and breath baseball. I used to obsess over the MLB until my mid teens, then I kept playing through HS, college, and ten years in MABL amateur leagues. Playing was a hell of a lot more fun that pouring over everything about the pros, and now I've got other things to worry about besides playing 40 games a year. Again, players get salary and media status based on other things beside simply stats. I don't understand why you can't deal with that.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:25 am 
Captain Dynasty

look, im a detroit fan. we take new yorks success very hard over here. we may be in different divisions now, but theres alot of alot of hate here now.

dont take it badly, we just HATE the yanks here. and the white sox.

so seeing the golden boy, from michigan, be ranked overrated, is a source of pride here.

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:55 am 
Star Sniper

I guess you have to take pride where and when you can get it...lol.

Does it make you more jealous that a Yankee fan like me knows more about the 1984 Tigers than you do? Not only that, but I watched them with my own eyes...ha!

Squanto
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:56 am 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

You know what players I tend to hate in every league I play in?

The ones that are better than me.

Putting more credence into a poll just because the players made it is silly. You think that the 3rd reliever in the pen who has never been able to get Jeter out is going to answer honestly, or just take a chance to take a little shot at him.

Think about it.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:15 pm 
Captain Dynasty

Sabresfansince1980 wrote:

Does it make you more jealous that a Yankee fan like me knows more about the 1984 Tigers than you do? Not only that, but I watched them with my own eyes...ha!

you sure you know more about the 84 tigers then me? is that supposed to support your argument or what? because you are older then me?

Markus
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:27 pm 
Power Forward

Mets fan here, and I don't really like the Yanks, but oh geez I think Jeter is one of the best to ever have played. But that's honestly just an opinion.

And it's really not about his stats compared to others, and there are far better defensive shortstops in the league. Part of what helps is his clutch factor, his leadership, and his overall ability to get it done.

As for overrated? I've said it before and i'll say it again, Manny Ramirez. Waste of talent.

BEFORE we knew he took steroids, he was an all offense, no defense (yet played a defensive position) little scum who wouldn't listen to anyone on his team and didn't put in any effort at all.

He's the type of player that can make you hate professional sports. HOW can you WALK to a baseball that has been hit in the outfield while runners on the other team are rounding the bases? Accountants have much more physical enduring jobs than Manny Ramirez had.

And now his career has been completely tarnished with steroid use. One of the worst players to have ever played, in my opinion. Even Red Sox fans around here just hate the man. But he was always liked my some, and thought to be a "great" player in certain situations, which is why I believe he is the most overrated.

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:09 pm 
Star Sniper

ironyisadeadscene wrote:

you sure you know more about the 84 tigers then me? is that supposed to support your argument or what? because you are older then me?

It's a friggin joke...but since you choose to take offense and question me...the answer is yes. I watched them play most of that season, including about every game against the Yankees. I watched them plenty of times in the seasons before and after. It has nothing to do with the Jeter issue, but it sure as hell means that I know more about the last championship roster of your favorite team. It's not supposed to be an insult as you apparently take it. It's just a bland fact. If somebody here is old enough to educate me about the Yankees WS teams from 1977-78 (when I was 3 and 4), I'd be all ears. Even though I watched players like Guidry, Griffey Sr. and Randolph after the fact, someone who watched them during the championships ought to know more about them than me. Take a pill or something.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:44 pm 
Captain Dynasty

ironyisadeadscene wrote:

It's a friggin joke...but since you choose to take offense and question me...the answer is yes. I watched them play most of that season, including about every game against the Yankees. I watched them plenty of times in the seasons before and after. It has nothing to do with the Jeter issue, but it sure as hell means that I know more about the last championship roster of your favorite team. It's not supposed to be an insult as you apparently take it. It's just a bland fact. If somebody here is old enough to educate me about the Yankees WS teams from 1977-78 (when I was 3 and 4), I'd be all ears. Even though I watched players like Guidry, Griffey Sr. and Randolph after the fact, someone who watched them during the championships ought to know more about them than me. Take a pill or something.

sometimes jokes dont translate through text. you cant read tones. thats my bad.

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:11 pm 
Star Sniper

That's what the "lol" and "ha" are for...a joke.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:24 pm 
Captain Dynasty

i guess i read it wrong. i already said my bad.