It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

backthatSASSup
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:11 pm 
PP Quarterback

Wow. It was just incredible feeling to watch him get it.

He hadn't hit a home run in Yankee stadium since just under a year ago. He 286 at bats at home between then and now. I'm just giddy. :D

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:57 pm 
Captain Dynasty

congrats to him. 3000 hits is a wonderful accomplishment.

and thats all im going to say about jeter in this thread.

backthatSASSup
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:51 pm 
PP Quarterback

One of his best games. Incredible.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:56 pm 
Captain Dynasty

Pretty cool to reach a milestone on a home run at home. Good on him for giving the crowd something extra to cheer at.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:51 pm 
Captain Dynasty

CriminallyVu1gar wrote:
Pretty cool to reach a milestone on a home run at home. Good on him for giving the crowd something extra to cheer at.

Even if I hate a team, I love when shit happens for home fans. Championship clinches, player milestones, etc. Makes things so much better. Much more enjoyable to see Yankees fans cheering than Philly fans throwing garbage at Jeter or something.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:17 am 
Captain Dynasty

hes still a one dimensional player who doesnt hit for production and cant field his position efficiently. and he has herpes (seriously)...
youve made yankee fans everywhere happy. more happy then derek jeters .257 batting average can anyways. hmm.. i wonder if his sudden drop in productivity can be attributed to from coming off of steroids. stay tuned!

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:36 pm 
Captain Dynasty

it was very tongue in cheek.

but in honesty, yes. derek jeter IS my most hated player.

backthatSASSup
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:07 pm 
PP Quarterback

That's funny because even Red Sox fans can appreciate DJ. I would say he's one of the most respected players out there.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:13 pm 
Captain Dynasty

i dont honestly care what red sox fans think of jeter, or dodger fans think of him, ect.

i congratulated him, but its annoying to see myself "called out" in a thread based on past discussions, whether he was joking or not. you can thank 1980 for that. so there you have it.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:48 pm 
Captain Dynasty

for the record, ill say it again. good for jeter. i cant take away his 3003 hits.

what i find insane though, is through all the talent that has played in a yankees uniform... hes the only 1 to hit 3,000 hits? no mantle? gehrig? dimaggio? very odd, IMO.

Bauter88
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:05 pm 
Power Forward

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
?? you really want to bait me into an anti-jeter rant into this thread? everyone and their dog knew he was going to get 3000 hits. well, fuck it, here goes.

hes still a one dimensional player who doesnt hit for production and cant field his position efficiently. and he has herpes (seriously)... congratulations. you turned a milestone thread into a pissing contest.

youve made yankee fans everywhere happy. more happy then derek jeters .257 batting average can anyways. hmm.. i wonder if his sudden drop in productivity can be attributed to from coming off of steroids. stay tuned!

you reap what you sew.

Omg you are so butthurt over this.. The guy is 37 and played for 17 years. And one dimesional player? WTF lol He has multiple gold gloves and has over a .300 career batting average and 4 silver slugger awards... Know your shit before you start spewing it. my god dude.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:09 pm 
Hart Winner

CANDYLAND AND RAINBOW PAINTED UNICORNS.

Bauter88
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:09 pm 
Power Forward

And the whole herpes thing dude. Come on. You still think Marilyn Manson took his ribs out so he can blow himself. Child please.

backthatSASSup
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:26 pm 
PP Quarterback

Stop tainting my thread. :(

Bauter88
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:35 pm 
Power Forward

backthatSASSup wrote:
Stop tainting my thread. :(

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:37 pm 
Captain Dynasty

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
for the record, ill say it again. good for jeter. i cant take away his 3003 hits.

what i find insane though, is through all the talent that has played in a yankees uniform... hes the only 1 to hit 3,000 hits? no mantle? gehrig? dimaggio? very odd, IMO.

Or Ruth, the Yankees' all time batting average leader and one of the best players of all time. 2,873.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:38 pm 
Captain Dynasty

Bauter88 wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:
?? you really want to bait me into an anti-jeter rant into this thread? everyone and their dog knew he was going to get 3000 hits. well, fuck it, here goes.

hes still a one dimensional player who doesnt hit for production and cant field his position efficiently. and he has herpes (seriously)... congratulations. you turned a milestone thread into a pissing contest.

you reap what you sew.

Omg you are so butthurt over this.. The guy is 37 and played for 17 years. And one dimesional player? WTF lol He has multiple gold gloves and has over a .300 career batting average and 4 silver slugger awards... Know your shit before you start spewing it. my god dude.

trust me, i know my shit. gold gloves are not based on defensive ability.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:39 pm 
Captain Dynasty

CriminallyVu1gar wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:

Or Ruth, the Yankees' all time batting average leader and one of the best players of all time. 2,873.

yeah, but ruth started as a pitcher, with boston. and yes, i know you know this :)

Bauter88
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:00 pm 
Power Forward

I find it funny that a guy with .977 lifetime fielding percentage isn't a good fielder. Its also really easy to bash someone on the down end of their career, even though he is the starting shortstop at 37 years old for the most winning franchise in Major League Baseball. I watch every Yankee game and hardly ever do I see Jeter out there and think man, I want someone else out there right now. Hate him all you want but he plays his position well and better than most at 37 then alot do in their prime.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:10 pm 
Captain Dynasty

Bauter88 wrote:
I find it funny that a guy with .977 lifetime fielding percentage isn't a good fielder. Its also really easy to bash someone on the down end of their career, even though he is the starting shortstop at 37 years old for the most winning franchise in Major League Baseball. I watch every Yankee game and hardly ever do I see Jeter out there and think man, I want someone else out there right now. Hate him all you want but he plays his position well and better than most at 37 then alot do in their prime.

he fields the balls hit to him excellently. however, and this is a fact, "and, when it comes down to it, Jeter turns fewer balls hit into his area into outs than other shortstops, and really, that's what matters."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/w ... index.html

http://www.billjamesonline.net/fieldingbible/jeter.asp

now, if you wanna discuss this rationally, and not get into a pissing contest (im not suggesting you do, i just mean in general) if love to talk about it. does my disdain for jeter skewer the reality of jeter? probably. but he is absolutely not a good defensive short stop, unless you go by fielding percentage. im a saber-metrics man myself, though.

my argument that save percentage is the best way to evaluate a goalie may come back to bite me in the ass though. haha.

and for what its worth, i DO NOT believe jeter took steroids, like my post last night suggested. that was just throwing a gas can on the fire.