It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:17 pm 
Captain Dynasty

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6749330

this is so delicious, it has to be fattening!

backthatSASSup
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:37 pm 
PP Quarterback

I totally glad they did this. Even though the school imposed it on themselves, it punishes the players who were involved in the controversy. I hated the punishment USC got for Reggie Bush being a douche because it didn't really punish the players who were involved.

The person I hate most out of the whole Ohio ordeal is Terrelle Pryor. He is so smug and I really hope no teams draft him. I just went to type his name in Google and it came up with "Terrelle Pryor Buffalo Bills." Oh helllllll no. Pleaseeee no. :lol:

Tressel was able to renege on quitting and they instead let him retire, which turned him from paying a $250k fine to receiving $52k in wages. That's a pretty nice turnaround.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:45 pm 
Captain Dynasty

michigan dodged a bullet with pryor. he was deciding between michigan and OSU and he choose OSU. id like to think michigan would have nipped any illegal doings in the bud, but the days of schembechler and carr and long gone. so i cant say that for certain. and rich rod was NOT a michigan man. (i dont expect anyone here to know what a michigan man is. maybe pat green( and please dont google michigan man. one of the first links is "michigan man accused of having intercourse with horse again." not the same thing))

(before someone brings up the UM basketball scandal, that was a booster. the university had no idea what was going on. and the booster didnt pay the players to come to michigan. he just paid a few when they needed cash.)

if you really wanna know someones opinion on OSU and tressel, ask a MSU fan. even MSU, with the UofM being the bane of their existence, will still tell you that OSU and tressel always got away with murder and out of scandals. it finally caught up.

backthatSASSup
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:54 pm 
PP Quarterback

It seems like a lot of NCAA teams are guilty of "illegal benefits" in some way. The NCAA sucks.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:00 pm 
Captain Dynasty

backthatSASSup wrote:
It seems like a lot of NCAA teams are guilty of "illegal benefits" in some way. The NCAA sucks.

i certainly think you are right. there is no exceptions, i think. but thats what the passion is for college sports in some places.

i remember talking to someone on here a while back, and they asked what i was doing, and i said watching the michigan game. they asked whats that, and i said college football. university of michigan. and they replied "people watch college football?" and i replied "people DONT watch college football?" i cant remember who it was though.

backthatSASSup
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:11 pm 
PP Quarterback

We had that discussion in one thread where Alex said he thought it was stupid that people root for college teams when they never attended that school. It's not necessarily about school pride, but your town/city and where you're from. I didn't really understand it until I went to Syracuse once during March madness. The whole city was orange and when we went to a shoulder doctor for my boyfriend, the nurses and secretarial staff were all wearing Syracuse scrubs and sweatshirts. It was just, pride, I guess. I really liked it. There really isn't that sort of following in Buffalo because UB blows 97% of the time and there's no other major schools in the immediate area. Sometimes Niagara has good runs in basketball, but not often enough for people to care. IDK, college sports are cool, though.

So, I don't mean that college sports suck, but that the organization itself sucks. I think it's corrupt and needs to be severely reformed. I think college sports have been tainted by scandals and that's not fair to the schools, players, and staffs that actually abide by the rules.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:28 pm 
Captain Dynasty

yeah i feel you. i didnt go to U of M (though i was accepted) but i bleed maize and blue. i cant sleep the night before the OSU-UM game, and i got physically sick after michigan lost the 2006 game of the century to OSU by a fucking field goal that would have put michigan in the national championship game. college sports just does that to certain people. people from buffalo always look at me funny when i tell them when it comes to football, the lions are our plan B, and are SHOCKED when i reveal plan A as a college team. its unfortunate you guys dont really have that over there, but it could be a blessing when you think about the hell us michigan fans have endured since lloyd carr retired after 2007.

its extremely hard to explain. but its a religion over here. NCAA basketball and hockey get major press over here, but the world stops on saturday afternoons in the fall. its fuckin nuts. id love for you all to experience a game in ann arbor on a saturday afternoon with me, and you might just get it.

PatGreen
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:10 pm 
PP Quarterback

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
since lloyd carr retired after 2007.

:(

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:18 pm 
Captain Dynasty

PatGreen wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:
since lloyd carr retired after 2007.

:(

i know. everyone always complained "ALL HE DOES IS RUN UP THE MIDDLE!"

no, all he does is win 8-10 games every year, with a big 10 championship here and there. and he sorta won something in 1997. the national mother fucking championship.

Squanto
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:11 am 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

backthatSASSup wrote:
So, I don't mean that college sports suck, but that the organization itself sucks. I think it's corrupt and needs to be severely reformed. I think college sports have been tainted by scandals and that's not fair to the schools, players, and staffs that actually abide by the rules.

That's the biggest problem.

It 10 years, nobody will care that USC or OSU cheated. The schools get their money no matter what, and that's the root of the problem.

The good schools WILL break NCAA rules, they WILL get caught doing it, but they WILL have already gotten paid. Buying out a coach for $1M is nothing when your ill gotten successes have already netted you $50M in TV revenues.

It's a cycle of cheat -> win -> get paid -> get caught -> live through probation -> do it again.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:36 pm 
Captain Dynasty

Squanto wrote:
backthatSASSup wrote:

That's the biggest problem.

It 10 years, nobody will care that USC or OSU cheated. The schools get their money no matter what, and that's the root of the problem.

The good schools WILL break NCAA rules, they WILL get caught doing it, but they WILL have already gotten paid. Buying out a coach for $1M is nothing when your ill gotten successes have already netted you $50M in TV revenues.

It's a cycle of cheat -> win -> get paid -> get caught -> live through probation -> do it again.

its been long suspected OSU has cheated. in bo schembechlers book, he talks about how he went down to ohio to see a recruit, and the recruits dad asked what the school would give him. bo didnt quite understand, so he replied "a michigan education, and 4 years of football at the university of michigan." the dad didnt bat an eye and said "well we are getting offers for 20,000 a year plus a car." bo immediately left the house. the kid went on to play for OSU.

that just according to his book though.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:19 pm 
Captain Dynasty

ohio states top 2012 recruit switches his commitment.... TO MICHIGAN!

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... wolverines

this. is. AWESOME!

HelloMyKneeGrows
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:51 am 
Garbage Man

Ohio State vacates their wins for selling some merchandise and Auburn gives their starting QB $180,000 and keep their national title. Seems fair.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:11 am 
Captain Dynasty

HelloMyKneeGrows wrote:
Ohio State vacates their wins for selling some merchandise and Auburn gives their starting QB $180,000 and keep their national title. Seems fair.

auburn will have their day.

backthatSASSup
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:32 pm 
PP Quarterback

Terrelle Pryor better not be able to enter the supplemental draft!

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:36 pm 
Captain Dynasty

backthatSASSup wrote:
Terrelle Pryor better not be able to enter the supplemental draft!

fuck em. over rated!

backthatSASSup
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:38 pm 
PP Quarterback

Well, they've yet to clear him and it's next week.

backthatSASSup
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:27 pm 
PP Quarterback

Terrell Pryor is a douchenozzle. :angry-cussingwhite:

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:39 pm 
Captain Dynasty

pryor is a raider

Bauter88
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:09 pm 
Power Forward

College sports in general is corrupt and a fucking laughing stock right now.