It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
shedoesntgetit
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:22 am 
Garbage Man

best game i've ever been to. it was awesome just seeing everyone standing around cheering after the game was done. felt like everyone stuck around inside the stadium for ever. and i think i may just have taken a giant swig of the bills kool-aid today..

view from my seats. :D

PatGreen
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:04 am 
PP Quarterback

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:

When will they realize their defense is the worst in the ;league and their dynasty runs are gone now?

probably when they stop winning more than 12 or 13 games a season

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:36 am 
Cup Winner

PatGreen wrote:
Skyline_BNR34 wrote:

When will they realize their defense is the worst in the ;league and their dynasty runs are gone now?

probably when they stop winning more than 12 or 13 games a season

Obviously when you have a world class QB, you're going to win games. It still doesn't mean their D is good.

The Colts are a shining example of this also.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

PatGreen
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:51 am 
PP Quarterback

i was mostly referring to the dynasty runs part.

the problem is that they don't need a top-line D because of the time and points the O puts up. All I'm saying is that their D is not the worst in the league. with their youth, and virtually no pressure on them, they are going to mature FAST, especially because of their coaching. they will be much better next time and there's a damn good chance you see them in February.

just think, if the pats had patrick chung yesterday, it would have been a really different game.

don't get me wrong, i'm a bills fan first, and i'm thrilled to see them beat the patriots for the first time since my first week of my senior year in high school, but they are the team to keep on your radar in the AFC. Oakland, too.

brady and ochonoshow get on key with each other, their d keeps improving (and it has already from the first week) we're going to have trouble.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:55 am 
Cup Winner

I agree that their D is young also, but I just don't see that team competing in February though. They'll make the playoffs, but it'll most likely be another early exit from them.

I'm not saying the Bills are getting anywhere near the Superbowl either.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Squanto
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:22 am 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

PatGreen wrote:
brady and ochonoshow get on key with each other, their d keeps improving (and it has already from the first week) we're going to have trouble.

Ocho isn't going to last past week 6 if he keeps dropping sure TDs that drop right into his hands like that.

The key thing from that game was that under pressure, the Patriots made mistakes they don't make. Yes, the Bills played great, but those great Pats teams NEVER made those mistakes when the chips were down.

That's a telling sign. That defense is downright bad.

PatGreen
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:54 am 
PP Quarterback

Squanto wrote:
That's a telling sign. That defense is downright bad.

they are all kids...don't expect it to last all season.

Squanto
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:04 am 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

It's the Pats, so obviously you would assume they'll fix it, but I can't think of a single time in the Brady era that the Pats have imploded like that.

They'll still get their share of wins because their offense is so good, but that defense is just bad right now. I think I want to blame that somewhat on the lockout, because team defense league wide has seemed to struggle the most.

PatGreen
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:09 am 
PP Quarterback

Squanto wrote:
I think I want to blame that somewhat on the lockout, because team defense league wide has seemed to struggle the most.

that's no joke. don't forget how bad special teams is overall right now too.

ksquier89
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:30 pm 
PP Quarterback

This new kickoff rule is bullcrap. Football is a dangerous sport and they are paid handsomely to play a sport they dreamed about as a child. I am going to go off on a slight tangent. This sport has been dangerous since its inception, look at the equipment they used previously. I just have a real hard time feeling any type of sympathy when these players bitch about injuries. They know full well what they are getting into when they sign their name on the first contract. No one is forcing these players to go out and keep getting concussions. They can hang up the pads any time they damn well please. I would do a hell of a lot worse to get paid half of what these assholes get.

That being said I am happy to see my original love come back to the standings forefront. The Bills and the Sabres have never won a championship and both look to be heading at least towards a productive regular season. If they won would anyone not believe the Mayans may be on to something?

backthatSASSup
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:47 pm 
PP Quarterback

The Bills are finally getting some respect on ESPN from the guys who generally don't give it. Even if they ended 7-9 this season like they did back in 2008, we can say we beat the Patriots.

Nothing is more annoying than people saying that because Brady had a bad game, the Bills won. Um, besides his four picks, Brady had a stellar game. Brady wouldn't have had four picks if the Bills defense didn't catch them. The Patriots collapsed and the Bills didn't give up.

PatGreen
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:01 pm 
PP Quarterback

backthatSASSup wrote:

Nothing is more annoying than people saying that because Brady had a bad game, the Bills won. Um, besides his four picks, Brady had a stellar game. Brady wouldn't have had four picks if the Bills defense didn't catch them. The Patriots collapsed and the Bills didn't give up.

that's the way the world works when you're in a leading position. a qb has a bad game, he lost it. a goalie has a bad game, he lost it.

lol, besides his four picks, yeah, he did have a stellar game...and besides those four goals ryan miller had a stellar game, too.

Mr. Natural
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:18 pm 
7th Defenseman

If someone wants to make the argument that if the Bills play the Pats ten times New England wins nine of those games, I won't disagree.

But that is all woulda, coulda, shoulda.

What is an undisputed FACT is that on Sunday, 25 September, the Buffalo Bills overcame a 21 point deficit to beat Tom Brady's team, while at the same time becoming the ONLY team in NFL history to come from behind by 18 points or more two games in a row.

backthatSASSup
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:44 am 
PP Quarterback

PatGreen wrote:
backthatSASSup wrote:

that's the way the world works when you're in a leading position. a qb has a bad game, he lost it. a goalie has a bad game, he lost it.

lol, besides his four picks, yeah, he did have a stellar game...and besides those four goals ryan miller had a stellar game, too.

I get what you're saying, but it's not like those all four of those picks were completely Brady's fault. Two of them were deflections, which is unfortunate. Sometimes those go your way and sometimes they don't. I get that it falls back on him, though, just like bad games fall back on Miller, even if the goal(s) he lets in aren't always his fault.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:39 pm 
Captain Dynasty

What I take away from this game is the fact that the Bills didn't play a perfect game themselves. It's one thing if they play EXTREMELY well, and the pats play EXTREMELY poorly and the Bills eke out a win, but that didn't happen. Both teams played what I thought were fairly mediocre games, each team playing well for a half. That suggests to me that while this game may still be a bit of a fluke, it is less so than a lot of people think.

fly as hale
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:49 pm 
Mrs. Miller

shedoesntgetit wrote:
felt like everyone stuck around inside the stadium for ever.

That was awesome. I felt like people didn't want to leave because they just wanted to savor the moment with everyone else who had just witnessed it. It was an awesome feeling. Then when I was leaving I was high-fiving everyone I came in contact with. Too much fun!

backthatSASSup wrote:

hahaha :lol:

Hockey Night in Buffalo

acrossthelines
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:11 pm 
Superstar Goalie

I've feigned apathy since the 2008 season (because it broke my spirit lol) while not-so-secretly still following the team... not-so-secret because I've still talked football with friends and still allied with the Bills and still knew how they were doing... but not making an effort to watch games because i didn't want to deal with that silliness again.

But they have sucked me in once again. :( I even watched the last game online. hahaha.

‎"Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation."
-Khalil Gibran

Mr. Natural
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:59 pm 
7th Defenseman

I have worried about the Cincinnati game. After playing so well the past couple of weeks this is the kind of game where you sometimes play down to your opponent.

It doesn't look like the Bills are having a very good game, but they are up 17-13 in the 3rd.

Meanwhile...

There’s no place like Buffalo in NFL
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=A ... elly092811

Montalo
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:45 pm 
PP Quarterback

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!!!!!!! BULLSHIT!

backthatSASSup
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:12 pm 
PP Quarterback

I hate Gingers.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next