It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
Van_Da_Man
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:25 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

I'm sad now

"I'm going to go to the spa and have a hot tub and massage and relax," Miller said. "That's it, and it's back to work tomorrow." Ryan Miller after clinching the North East division.

Squanto
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:27 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

Meh. They didn't play well, but this was a horribly officiated game from all sides. That call on Stevie Johnson was terrible.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:31 pm 
Captain Dynasty

Poorly played game by the Bills in a lot of phases. They missed on a lot of opportunities with poor execution.

Really though 3-1 is fine at this point, we just won/lost to the opposite teams that everyone expected. At least this season we can say the Bills are talented enough to have a chance to win every game on their schedule. There were MAYBE eight games we could have said that about last year.

Mr. Natural
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:42 pm 
7th Defenseman

If you are going to have a miracle season you have to win these kind of games. Can't be dropping Ws to a weak sister like Cincinnati.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:02 pm 
Cup Winner

Squanto wrote:
Meh. They didn't play well, but this was a horribly officiated game from all sides. That call on Stevie Johnson was terrible.

I could not believe how they could call a clear catch incomplete at all.

Also, I love how the Bengals never held our players once.

The one play before the goddamn tuck rule was a clear holding and the the ref just shrugged his shoulders at them.

The tuck rule is also one of the worst rules in football, not because we got burned by it, but it's so retarded. Any other player flailing the ball around like that and it gets knocked loose is a fumble, it should not matter if he was tucking it in to run, you got to hold onto the goddamn football regardless. Bullshit rule that needs to be removed from the game, it would make QBs more responsible for the ball.

I decide to pump fake the ball, naw, then fumble, nope. Tuck rule. Either the arm and ball is moving forward or it's a fumble, none of that crap rule anymore.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Mr. Natural
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:58 pm 
7th Defenseman

According to a Harris poll the Buffalo Bills are the forth least favorite team in America, just ahead of the Chiefs, Bengals, and the Jags.

I'm as patriotic as the next guy, but my response to that is, screw you, Americans.

I don't understand how people can keep drooling over that over rated bunch of redneck losers in Dallas. I remember when they went 1-15 in 1989 and I was so disappointed that they managed to eek out a win over Washington. If Dallas never won another game I would be a very happy man.

There aren't many sports teams I hate, but the Cowboys are one (along with the Dolphins and the Lakers).

The Dallas Cowboys remain the nation’s most beloved team
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdo ... nfl-wp8815

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:31 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

The Cowboys have one of the best names in sports, a great logo, and they're from a place where football is a way of life. Football is to Texas what hockey is to Canada. (what singer Robert Pollard is to Guided by Voices...)

But yeah, I've always hated the Cowboys too. The Bills wouldn't be very high on my favorites list either, so take that with a grain of salt.

Mr. Natural
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:22 am 
7th Defenseman

Since I am officially sucked in, I'm really counting on the Bills to beat the Eagles and make this a perfect Buffalo weekend. Even the Bulls won, knocking off Ohio 38-37.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:33 am 
Hart Winner

Mr. Natural wrote:
According to a Harris poll the Buffalo Bills are the forth least favorite team in America, just ahead of the Chiefs, Bengals, and the Jags.

I'm as patriotic as the next guy, but my response to that is, screw you, Americans.

I don't understand how people can keep drooling over that over rated bunch of redneck losers in Dallas. I remember when they went 1-15 in 1989 and I was so disappointed that they managed to eek out a win over Washington. If Dallas never won another game I would be a very happy man.

There aren't many sports teams I hate, but the Cowboys are one (along with the Dolphins and the Lakers).

The Dallas Cowboys remain the nation’s most beloved team
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdo ... nfl-wp8815

Bandwagoners.

Ryan911T
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:40 am 
resident car guy

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
The tuck rule is also one of the worst rules in football, not because we got burned by it, but it's so retarded. Any other player flailing the ball around like that and it gets knocked loose is a fumble, it should not matter if he was tucking it in to run, you got to hold onto the goddamn football regardless. Bullshit rule that needs to be removed from the game, it would make QBs more responsible for the ball.

I decide to pump fake the ball, naw, then fumble, nope. Tuck rule. Either the arm and ball is moving forward or it's a fumble, none of that crap rule anymore.

I was talking with my buddy last Sunday when it happened and they showed how the Tuck Rule came from the Pats vs. Raiders playoff game. We were trying to think of how many rules the NFL has made because of the unfortunate things that have happened to Tom Brady. There was the no-hitting the QB below the knee rule from the KC game, correct? Any others?

Twitter - @Ryan911T - @MotoExposure

PatGreen
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:44 am 
PP Quarterback

Ryan911T wrote:
There was the no-hitting the QB below the knee rule from the KC game, correct? Any others?

that should be a rule for every player and it should be 20 years old. it's stupid people can dive and roll up into legs

Ryan911T
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:43 am 
resident car guy

^ Not saying I disagree with the rule. I just think it's somewhat comical that it only came about after it happened to Tom Brady.

Twitter - @Ryan911T - @MotoExposure

sabresindc
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:05 pm 
Captain Clutch

Anyone seem to have a feed for the game today???

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

backthatSASSup
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:23 pm 
PP Quarterback

My boyfriend is an Eagles fan so I need the Bills to win so I can rub it in. Don't let me down!

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:25 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

This thread has strayed 180 degrees from its title. I kinda like that it's become the official "I'm following the Bills" thread. Might be pretty confusing to someone not already familiar with the thread though.

Montalo
 Post subject: waffles
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:26 pm 
PP Quarterback

Stuuuuuuu wrote:
This thread has strayed 180 degrees from its title. I kinda like that it's become the official "I'm following the Bills" thread. Might be pretty confusing to someone not already familiar with the thread though.

eh, its pretty much become the offical bills thread

that said

LETS GO BUFFALO!!!

backthatSASSup
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:21 pm 
PP Quarterback

:D

I'm gonna be nice and not rub it in Mark's face. But I'm still really happy.

Mr. Natural
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:39 pm 
7th Defenseman

Right now Buffalo sports is about the best thing going in my life (my 21 year old son had to move in with us, along with his girlfriend and three Boa Constrictors - I'll say no more other than the second day they were here his salt water tank exploded and flooded my living room).

Go Sabres, go Bills - my sanity depends on you guys winning.

BTW, after four games the Bills lead the NFL in interceptions.

Mr. Natural
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:46 am 
7th Defenseman

Looks like the Bills are going to the taxpayers again to pay for the latest upgrades on the Ralph. I love the Bills, but I hate when taxpayers are asked to foot the bill for a private company's overhead expenses.

$63 million in '97; $40-100 million this time around.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eag ... 87083.html

backthatSASSup
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:18 am 
PP Quarterback

It will probably be the upper end of that range, if not more because those projects always end up being more expensive than estimates say.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next