It is currently Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
ironyisadeadscene
 Post subject: Re: Penn State scandal.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:42 pm 
Offline
Captain Dynasty
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:01 pm
Posts: 15390
Location: michigan
"Paterno followed a policy approved by the Board of Trustees themselves. But he is fired for not going beyond that policy, even though if he had gone outside it, Paterno would not be covered under the University's blanket liability coverage for employees."

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
ironyisadeadscene
 Post subject: Re: Penn State scandal.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:00 pm 
Offline
Captain Dynasty
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:01 pm
Posts: 15390
Location: michigan
aww snap. joe wasnt told by mcqueary exactly what he saw. he was told vaguely and made it sound like horseplay.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
ironyisadeadscene
 Post subject: Re: Penn State scandal.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:14 pm 
Offline
Captain Dynasty
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:01 pm
Posts: 15390
Location: michigan
as already said, school donors are now involved in the scandal.....

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
ironyisadeadscene
 Post subject: Re: Penn State scandal.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:26 pm 
Offline
Captain Dynasty
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:01 pm
Posts: 15390
Location: michigan
and it hits a little closer to home.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabre ... 626610.ece

"Sabres chief development officer Cliff Benson, who facilitated Pegula's donation, also decided not to comment on the situation, the team said Wednesday.

Benson, an attorney and CPA, is a close Pegula confidante who has been involved in numerous charities in Western Pennsylvania. One of them is in a role as former finance chair and current state board member of The Second Mile, the agency founded by Sandusky in 1977."

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
fly as hale
 Post subject: Re: Penn State scandal.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:37 pm 
Offline
Mrs. Miller
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:02 pm
Posts: 7998
Location: Orchard Park
The fuck?

"There is no indication Pegula is considering withdrawing his donation."

Why would Pegula withdraw his donation to the hockey program? That article is dumb and is just trying to find a local edge to the situation.

Pegula made a statement today, it's on Sabres.com.

_________________
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hockey Night in Buffalo


Top
 Profile  
 
NYIntensity
 Post subject: Re: Penn State scandal.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:45 pm 
Offline
Superstar Goalie
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:11 pm
Posts: 4463
fly as hale wrote:
The fuck?

"There is no indication Pegula is considering withdrawing his donation."

Why would Pegula withdraw his donation to the hockey program? That article is dumb and is just trying to find a local edge to the situation.

Pegula made a statement today, it's on Sabres.com.

_________________
ksquier89 wrote:
Holy fucking fuck...Boyes couldn't suck a dick if it landed in his mouth.


Top
 Profile  
 
ironyisadeadscene
 Post subject: Re: Penn State scandal.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:02 pm 
Offline
Captain Dynasty
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:01 pm
Posts: 15390
Location: michigan
fly as hale wrote:
The fuck?

"There is no indication Pegula is considering withdrawing his donation."

Why would Pegula withdraw his donation to the hockey program? That article is dumb and is just trying to find a local edge to the situation.

Pegula made a statement today, it's on Sabres.com.


i already found the local edge to the situation!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
sabresindc
 Post subject: Re: Penn State scandal.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:27 pm 
Offline
Captain Clutch
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:58 pm
Posts: 6146
Location: Southern most point of Northern Virginia
Rutledge222 wrote:
Good the students have the right to protest so let them.

The DO have a right to protest. They are not protesting, they are RIOTING which is illegal in any state.

_________________
sabretoothpick wrote:
Yhoshi wrote:
wollt ihr die sabres oben sehen müsst ihr die tabelle drehn.

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.


Top
 Profile  
 
ironyisadeadscene
 Post subject: Re: Penn State scandal.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:58 pm 
Offline
Captain Dynasty
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:01 pm
Posts: 15390
Location: michigan
sabresindc wrote:
Rutledge222 wrote:
Good the students have the right to protest so let them.

The DO have a right to protest. They are not protesting, they are RIOTING which is illegal in any state.


and fun in every state.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
sabresindc
 Post subject: Re: Penn State scandal.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:09 pm 
Offline
Captain Clutch
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:58 pm
Posts: 6146
Location: Southern most point of Northern Virginia
ironyisadeadscene wrote:
sabresindc wrote:
Rutledge222 wrote:
Good the students have the right to protest so let them.

The DO have a right to protest. They are not protesting, they are RIOTING which is illegal in any state.


and fun in every state.

:handgestures-thumbupleft:

_________________
sabretoothpick wrote:
Yhoshi wrote:
wollt ihr die sabres oben sehen müsst ihr die tabelle drehn.

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.


Top
 Profile  
 
Montalo
 Post subject: Re: Penn State scandal.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:28 pm 
Offline
PP Quarterback
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:09 pm
Posts: 1631
Location: Buffalo, NY
just for reading material

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/onward-st ... _ref=false

_________________
PSA: I am an overly sarcastic person. If you take me at my word, then i will most likely anger and offend you.


Top
 Profile  
 
Rutledge222
 Post subject: Re: Penn State scandal.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:46 am 
Offline
Power Forward
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:36 am
Posts: 1486
sabresindc wrote:
Rutledge222 wrote:
Good the students have the right to protest so let them.

The DO have a right to protest. They are not protesting, they are RIOTING which is illegal in any state.



One mans protest is another mans riot. No big deal :)

_________________
Image
LETS GO BUFFALO!


Top
 Profile  
 
BlueandYellow
 Post subject: Re: Penn State scandal.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:20 am 
Offline
Hart Winner
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:42 pm
Posts: 9770
Location: Buffalo, NY
His defense is running naked with the kid in the showers and towel whipping him isn't rape. Agreed. It's not rape. But it's fucking disgusting and illegal.

_________________
"Counting all the assholes in the room, I'm definitely not alone!" ~ Michael Poulsen, Volbeat, Still Standing.


Top
 Profile  
 
Hammygoodness
 Post subject: Re: Penn State scandal.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:24 am 
Offline
More Heart Than Skill
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:07 am
Posts: 2030
Location: Ilion, NY
BlueandYellow wrote:
His defense is running naked with the kid in the showers and towel whipping him isn't rape. Agreed. It's not rape. But it's fucking disgusting and illegal.

Who are you, Brendan Shanahan? He says he didn't rape them, so you just believe him? I'm thinking it went a bit past "horseplay". Disgusting. I'm even more mad at the students at Penn State protesting the wrong things.

Ham

_________________
Do you believe yet?


Top
 Profile  
 
NYIntensity
 Post subject: Re: Penn State scandal.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:09 am 
Offline
Superstar Goalie
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:11 pm
Posts: 4463
Hammygoodness wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
His defense is running naked with the kid in the showers and towel whipping him isn't rape. Agreed. It's not rape. But it's fucking disgusting and illegal.

Who are you, Brendan Shanahan? He says he didn't rape them, so you just believe him? I'm thinking it went a bit past "horseplay". Disgusting. I'm even more mad at the students at Penn State protesting the wrong things.

Ham

They got bored #occupying....

_________________
ksquier89 wrote:
Holy fucking fuck...Boyes couldn't suck a dick if it landed in his mouth.


Top
 Profile  
 
ironyisadeadscene
 Post subject: Re: Penn State scandal.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:12 pm 
Offline
Captain Dynasty
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:01 pm
Posts: 15390
Location: michigan
wanted to bump this in case any of you live under a rock and didnt see, but sandusky was guilty. and hes gone for good, im sure.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Stuuuuuuu
 Post subject: Re: Penn State scandal.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:01 pm 
Offline
Franchise Defenseman
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:09 pm
Posts: 2876
Location: Portland, Oregano
This ain't over. Penn State is about to pay out millions to the victims and their reputation is going to fall even further after the new reports from the investigation. Looks to be clear that Joe Pa covered up the scandal to protect Penn St., which turned into protecting Sandusky.

This scandal has pretty much taken the last bit of hope I had that there can be heroes. Paterno was a childhood idol of mine and I bought into his whole ethics bit. I feel duped and sad.


Top
 Profile  
 
YankeeInRaleigh
 Post subject: Re: Penn State scandal.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:12 pm 
Offline
Franchise Defenseman
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:58 pm
Posts: 2631
Location: Take a guess...
I dont understand why a football coach is anyones hero. Dude coaches football. Not exactly the most important function a human has ever had.


Top
 Profile  
 
Stuuuuuuu
 Post subject: Re: Penn State scandal.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:18 pm 
Offline
Franchise Defenseman
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:09 pm
Posts: 2876
Location: Portland, Oregano
YankeeInRaleigh wrote:
I dont understand why a football coach is anyones hero. Dude coaches football. Not exactly the most important function a human has ever had.

I was 11 years old and the media would only ever focus on him when covering the Lions. They always stressed how he made his players be students first and the team's great graduation rate. I liked that they didn't have names on the jerseys because it was supposed to be all about the team. Now I realize of course that those uniforms made it easier to be all about Paterno.


Top
 Profile  
 
YankeeInRaleigh
 Post subject: Re: Penn State scandal.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:25 pm 
Offline
Franchise Defenseman
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:58 pm
Posts: 2631
Location: Take a guess...
Stu, I just realized my opinion came off a bit dickish...I know people can idolize folks for any number of reasons, my post was more a response to all of this, and to the incredibly high esteem Paterno used to have, not so much pointing at you.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron