It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
ironyisadeadscene
 Post subject: Re: 2012 MLB thread
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:07 pm 
Offline
Captain Dynasty
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:01 pm
Posts: 15390
Location: michigan
Stuuuuuuu wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:
i was 4 months old.

Not me :twisted: :twisted: And when the Jays won I was 18 & 19. So...please continue bragging. :dance:


are you going somewhere with this?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Howie Hodge
 Post subject: Re: 2012 MLB thread
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:50 pm 
Offline
Star Sniper
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:30 pm
Posts: 3962
Location: Depew
I wasn't even born the last time The Indians won a World Series. I doubt they'll win again in my remaining time on this planet... :roll:

_________________
"I'll rap you with my cane; you pencil necked geek!!"

-Bowler, imitating Freddy Blassie, at the very first M & G.


Top
 Profile  
 
Stuuuuuuu
 Post subject: Re: 2012 MLB thread
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:23 pm 
Offline
Franchise Defenseman
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:09 pm
Posts: 2876
Location: Portland, Oregano
ironyisadeadscene wrote:
Stuuuuuuu wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:
i was 4 months old.

Not me :twisted: :twisted: And when the Jays won I was 18 & 19. So...please continue bragging. :dance:


are you going somewhere with this?

Thought it was obvious. I'm saying when you get down to it I have a lot more to brag about even though my team won't compete this year.


Top
 Profile  
 
ironyisadeadscene
 Post subject: Re: 2012 MLB thread
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:25 pm 
Offline
Captain Dynasty
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:01 pm
Posts: 15390
Location: michigan
thats an extremely irrelevant argument, wouldnt you say?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Stuuuuuuu
 Post subject: Re: 2012 MLB thread
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:37 pm 
Offline
Franchise Defenseman
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:09 pm
Posts: 2876
Location: Portland, Oregano
Yes, but it was my gut reaction to your bragging about Fielder. I'm a flawed person.


Top
 Profile  
 
ironyisadeadscene
 Post subject: Re: 2012 MLB thread
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:44 am 
Offline
Captain Dynasty
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:01 pm
Posts: 15390
Location: michigan
i dont like the premise that im a lesser fan because i havnt seen my teams glory days. sorry, it just rubs me the wrong way. i know thats not your MO, it just... i didnt care for it.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Stuuuuuuu
 Post subject: Re: 2012 MLB thread
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:02 pm 
Offline
Franchise Defenseman
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:09 pm
Posts: 2876
Location: Portland, Oregano
ironyisadeadscene wrote:
i dont like the premise that im a lesser fan because i havnt seen my teams glory days. sorry, it just rubs me the wrong way. i know thats not your MO, it just... i didnt care for it.

I think you're as real a fan as they get. I think it takes more of a fan to be passionate when they never have seen their team win a championship. I wasn't trying to insult you so much as outdo you, and as I said before, I'm not particularly proud of that.


Top
 Profile  
 
ironyisadeadscene
 Post subject: Re: 2012 MLB thread
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:20 pm 
Offline
Captain Dynasty
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:01 pm
Posts: 15390
Location: michigan
Stuuuuuuu wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:
i dont like the premise that im a lesser fan because i havnt seen my teams glory days. sorry, it just rubs me the wrong way. i know thats not your MO, it just... i didnt care for it.

I think you're as real a fan as they get. I think it takes more of a fan to be passionate when they never have seen their team win a championship. I wasn't trying to insult you so much as outdo you, and as I said before, I'm not particularly proud of that.


i know, stuuu. you are fine. ive never seen any of teams win anything, save for the 1997 national championship (michigan football) and that before i was really into michigan football.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
ironyisadeadscene
 Post subject: Re: 2012 MLB thread
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:06 pm 
Offline
Captain Dynasty
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:01 pm
Posts: 15390
Location: michigan
boston signs napoli.
a-rod to miss up to june for hip surgery
giants closer brian wilson in talks to sign with boston

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
ironyisadeadscene
 Post subject: Re: 2012 MLB thread
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:40 pm 
Offline
Captain Dynasty
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:01 pm
Posts: 15390
Location: michigan
dan haren signs with washington
1 year

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
ironyisadeadscene
 Post subject: Re: 2012 MLB thread
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:48 pm 
Offline
Captain Dynasty
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:01 pm
Posts: 15390
Location: michigan
shane victorino to boston.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
ksquier89
 Post subject: Re: 2012 MLB thread
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:37 pm 
Offline
PP Quarterback
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:13 pm
Posts: 1687
Location: Harford County, Maryland
Orioles are in talks with Swisher and have contacted KC about Billy Butler....giggity giggity. alright.


Top
 Profile  
 
ironyisadeadscene
 Post subject: Re: 2012 MLB thread
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:15 pm 
Offline
Captain Dynasty
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:01 pm
Posts: 15390
Location: michigan
KC doesnt have much interest in moving butler.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
ironyisadeadscene
 Post subject: Re: 2012 MLB thread
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:41 pm 
Offline
Captain Dynasty
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:01 pm
Posts: 15390
Location: michigan
yankees trading for vernon wells

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Stuuuuuuu
 Post subject: Re: 2012 MLB thread
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:22 pm 
Offline
Franchise Defenseman
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:09 pm
Posts: 2876
Location: Portland, Oregano
ironyisadeadscene wrote:
yankees trading for vernon wells

Well of course, he used to be a star with the Blue Jays. Can't start a career as a touted player in Toronto without ending up in pinstripes at some point.


Top
 Profile  
 
ksquier89
 Post subject: Re: 2012 MLB thread
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:25 pm 
Offline
PP Quarterback
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:13 pm
Posts: 1687
Location: Harford County, Maryland
ironyisadeadscene wrote:
KC doesnt have much interest in moving butler.

KC did have interest before the acquisition of young pitching. We have an abundance of starter ready arms and Schoop was alleged to be part of teh deal. I.E. Arrieta/Britton, Matusz, and Schoop


Top
 Profile  
 
ironyisadeadscene
 Post subject: Re: 2012 MLB thread
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:00 pm 
Offline
Captain Dynasty
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:01 pm
Posts: 15390
Location: michigan
USA today has baltimore finishing 4th the AL east. only the yankees are projected lower.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
ironyisadeadscene
 Post subject: Re: 2012 MLB thread
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:33 pm 
Offline
Captain Dynasty
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:01 pm
Posts: 15390
Location: michigan
this verlander contract pisses me off, if it means its harder to retain cabby. tigers also said to be working the marlins for stanton. maybe not right away. but next off season. i assume itll cost garcia+castellanos.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
ksquier89
 Post subject: Re: 2012 MLB thread
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:53 pm 
Offline
PP Quarterback
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:13 pm
Posts: 1687
Location: Harford County, Maryland
Orioles are not finishing 4th. 3rd at the lowest. Toronto is a toss up. Can they gel? Realistically I see Tampa and Baltimore finishing with 90 wins and the entire division finishing above .500. The pen is too strong, we may not have an ace but we have one of the best top to bottom rotations in the division. We have a solid crop of core players about to reach their primes and I think Davis can ring 40 dingers this year. Also, don't think we won't have Gausmen and Bundy in the rotation after a month and a half. Bundy tosses straight gas heaters and Gausmen is a freak. Apparently he eats powdered donuts between innings lol


Top
 Profile  
 
ironyisadeadscene
 Post subject: Re: 2012 MLB thread
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:06 pm 
Offline
Captain Dynasty
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:01 pm
Posts: 15390
Location: michigan
bundy sucks. im better than him.

but seriously, the east is gonna be a toss up. yankees though, i think will be bad.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron