It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

sabresindc
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:12 pm 
Captain Clutch

50 mil is guaranteed!!!!

Link

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

Ryan911T
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:24 pm 
resident car guy

So happy! :character-beavisbutthead:

Twitter - @Ryan911T - @MotoExposure

sabresindc
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:38 pm 
Captain Clutch

If he stays health, this will be goooooooooood

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:49 pm 
Captain Dynasty

did anyone look at this guys stats? they have decline sharply ever since his rookie year.

Tackles
2007 - 59
2008 - 53
2009 - 43
2010 - 28
2011 - 11

Sacks
2007 - 14
2008 - 12
2009 - 9
2010 - 8.5
2011 - 5

he was injured in 2011. but yeah, thats alot of money for a player who has declined.

PatGreen
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:09 pm 
PP Quarterback

they weren't really running at him later. not to mention they were playing a 3-4 down there, which pretty much means LBs are going to have inflated tackles and Dline production will shrink because they're tying up the oline.

ksquier89
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:44 pm 
PP Quarterback

Also, dude, tackles and sacks are not really always good indicators of someones worth on a football field. Haloti Ngata just got a fatass contract and did not put up huge numbers this year. Why? Because he was getting double and triple teamed on every snap. You get one guy to take up 2-3 players(2 lineman and a runningback) then that leaves 10 other players to matchup against 7(exclude other teams qb). This usually also causes teams to drop at least one tightend on the line, sometimes two. Even if a TE wanted to hit a route, pop him on the line and delay his route and the player is rendered useless. These numbers bode well for your db's because you can put more db's out and play more protect over the top and cover tight under(produces turnovers). You will see immediate turnaround with the defensive side of the ball. You get ballhawking safeties, playmaking corners, and stout defensive lineman and you have the recipe for a top 10 defense. Now you have playmaking corners and a good defensive front. Draft some safeties and fast linebackers to play coverage against 10 yard routes that tightends will be forced to run due to pressure on the QB.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:11 am 
Cup Winner

We got Dareus, Williams, Williams, and Kelsey for our D-line. Merrimam and Barnett for some LBs, and Byrd for a Safety.

This is looking like a good defense that can finally start to slow a run game down and get some better turnover opportunities.

I think in 2010 and 2011 he was injured, 2011 he definitely was injured, but this guy, just like our other Williams will get double teamed, and basically, you're going to have to pick one or the other to stop. Our D-line should cause some havoc on other team's QB's and hopefully we can get out of the basement for sacks. It's looking good though.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

PatGreen
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:56 am 
PP Quarterback

we still have a weak LB corps and no depth at DB...the senator can't do it all alone

Howie Hodge
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:29 am 
Star Sniper

If Merrimen is not what he used to be; we need another athletic (by NFL standards) linebacker who can cover a lot of ground.

Help in the secondary is vital. A left tackle, and another top 2 receiver would help immensely.

Williams gives Wannestadt a weapon to make his defensive line very good. He doesn't correct all the other shortcomings. Good start though.

-Bowler, imitating Freddy Blassie, at the very first M & G.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:27 pm 
Cup Winner

PatGreen wrote:
we still have a weak LB corps and no depth at DB...the senator can't do it all alone

Of course it can't, but he is sure a huge help to the line, you have to admit the D line is going to be scary next year.

Pick one of the Williams to double cover, because if you pick both, Dareus or Kelsey break through.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

daz28
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:09 pm 
Star Sniper

The LB core isn't deep, but it isn't "weak" either. Barnett is going to be a beast playing 'will' in a 4-3. He won't have to shed many blocks, and will be able to flat out run. He is one of the fastest LB in the league, and it will show. K. Sheppard is going to surprise people. Darius and PW are going to make him very effective. Sam LB is up in the air for sure, but Morrison is a tackling machine, and Merriman may be able to play in on run downs as well. I'd like to have Scott back, but he won't be as essential, as TE's will be chipping super Mario more often than not. Merriman's health is the x factor for sure.

We're ok at CB as well. A healthy McGee helps, and I think A. Williams is a playa. Drayton and Leodis will look better with any semblance of a pass rush.

It would be nice if Bell returns. It seems his only option is WAS, and they want him to play right side, which will make his next contract worth less. Hopefully he re-signs here.

As for the draft, the guys I like for 1st pick are Claiborne, Blackmon and Martin. Claiborne and Williams would be the best duo for a decade. Blackmon is lil megatron TD machine. Martin is a bull("moose") who can work on his pass blocking in our scheme over time no prob. I want us to move up and get Floyd(WR) with out 2nd pick if we don't get Blackmon. Ideally, Bells re-signs, we get Claiborne, and then Floyd. I'd shit my pants, and so would the Patsies.

Later this evening...

Bills are looking to maybe steal a pass rusher from Patsises. M. Anderson visits. Most of his other options fell through, but it looks like he won't be a Pat. A fansite of the Patsises poster(ala lacanforra) had the Bills left with like $22M. Looks like it's time B. Kraft did the "pay a pass rusher walk", after he did the, "overpay the pass rusher" talk isn't it?

FUKK THE PATS! MEET THE NEW BOSS!

BTW, I don't believe the $22M figure, but we have more leeway than the Skinfucks who are acting like they weren't even docked. I think our 'real' latest cap number is about S10M or so.

Oh shit, how'd I forget T-blow. I'd trade our 2nd 4th for him, and release B. Smith and Pigpen. It's cheaper, and provides a Flutie factor if Fitz goes down. I know the guy can't be a good passer in our system, but the system could change to suit him quicker than anywhere else. I have no illusions about him being a replacement. The only other thing is the circus, but he'd have more of a role here than anywhere else he'd be a back-up. I don't see any pocket passing teams throwing a 3rd at him. Fuck the "world upside down cuz Fitz throws another pick" mentality. Our educated fans know t-bo can't make the reads for this offense. Free up a roster spot, save money, and beast up your wildcat for a compensatory 4th? Sure. Bills fans won't turn on Fitz for T-blow.