It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 5:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:27 am 
Cup Winner

I think a team will work around Tebow.

You are going to draft a future Franchise QB you look at what made him so successful and work that same program into your plays.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:39 am 
Captain Dynasty

I don't like using a gimmick, spread offense QB in an NFL offense. I don't think Tebow will be very successful in the NFL.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:51 pm 
Cup Winner

CriminallyVu1gar wrote:
I don't like using a gimmick, spread offense QB in an NFL offense. I don't think Tebow will be very successful in the NFL.

Well a Spread offense in the NFL has been very successful.

Payton Manning uses it alot and look at how it works with that team.

The 2007 Patriots used it, and look what happened. The 49's of the 80's had a variation of it also included in their West Coast Offense.

Quote:
The spread offense begins with a no-huddle approach with the quarterback in the shotgun formation much of the time. The fundamental nature of the spread offense involves spreading the field horizontally using 3, 4, and even 5-receiver sets (some implementations of the spread also feature wide splits between the offensive linemen). The object of the spread offense is to open up multiple vertical seams for both the running and passing game to exploit, as the defense is forced to spread itself thin across the field (a "horizontal stretch") to cover everyone.

Many teams use it to their advantage in the NFL. It's not a gimmick if it works at every level. Especially if you use it effectively.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:04 pm 
Captain Dynasty

the spread offense of today, is more an ariel attack with an emphasis of a mobile quarterback taking over the running game. its a system that hasnt taken off in the NFL. most teams do not use a spread offense in that right?

Howie Hodge
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:09 pm 
Star Sniper

Ironically this may be the Savior of The Bills Franchise.....

-Bowler, imitating Freddy Blassie, at the very first M & G.

icehound
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:53 pm 
Star Sniper

....you've got a fairly valid (macabre, but valid) point, there Howie.

Then, again. That savior may also be a destroyer.

Not that Buffalo fans wouldn't finally find some rest, if the Bills left town. Sometimes the pain just needs to go away...

And, over time, we might even learn to laugh at the miseries of another Toronto franchise.

Who knows what the future holds.

psychemedisabrefan
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:18 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Howie Hodge wrote:
Ironically this may be the Savior of The Bills Franchise.....

sad but so true. wilson has lost his marbles, i would hope that you could get a guy like kelly, thurman, talley in there as guides, and then them all pick an actual NFL GM, who will pick a real NFL coach.

The main shot to Colt McCoy which is why most drafts have him going late first round is the fact that McCoy is a product of the Texas football system, another QB out of that system is Vince Young.

A lot of Football analysts think Tebow would fit well with teams like jacksonville, i would say miami due to the wild cat. the knock on tebow is what they call a slow release, it's comparable to the way leftwich throws the ball.

I've taken a long look at Jake Locker out of washington. what i read is the guy is mobile/ athletic enough to avoid tackles, can throw the long ball, and i throw in there played in colder weather already. He is the one i would pick if i where the bills. My guess is they would have to trade up to get him (damn them for winning those two games). How do you get rid of a crappy coach when they win.

Another top quarterback my second choice would be Sam Bradford. He has had a few injuries this season that steer my attention away from him but he still is a talent. a lot like locker with a better team around him.

Then there is Jimmy Clausen. don't let this year fool you, if you want to look at clausen look at how well he played against tough teams. most football analysts think Notre Dame had an easy schedule. As well some knocks on clausen are that he is not as athletic as locker, and could just be the product of charlie Weis.

As far as Protection for the QB - Number one pick in my mind at Left Tackle is Okung.
As Far as Tight Ends. Jermaine Gresham would be an absolute steal if he fell to buffalo in the second round. he has suffered the injury bug but this kid is a threat every time he is on the field.

psychemedisabrefan
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:19 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

icehound wrote:

Not that Buffalo fans wouldn't finally find some rest, if the Bills left town. Sometimes the pain just needs to go away...

And, over time, we might even learn to laugh at the miseries of another Toronto franchise.

I've actually began to wish that toronto would take the team off our hands, that way any fans would hopefully get decent product on the field and not this joke they currently call the buffalo bills.

mrkwllb
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:49 pm 
Emergency Call-Up

Toronto or L.A. would take any team right now. But if the Bills, let's just say move to L.A. the NFL may have to reorganize the whole alignment of the NFL.

Rutledge222
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:54 pm 
Power Forward

Sorry Not colt McCoy... Im thinking we should aim at Tim Tebow or however you spell his name. And as much as id hate to say it, the bills are prolly going to suck for a while cuz TO wont resign.

psychemedisabrefan
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:29 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

i was pushing Jake Locker i honestly think he will end up having the best NFL career.

http://www.gohuskies.com/sports/m-footb ... ake01.html

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:34 pm 
Cup Winner

psychemedisabrefan wrote:
icehound wrote:

I've actually began to wish that toronto would take the team off our hands, that way any fans would hopefully get decent product on the field and not this joke they currently call the buffalo bills.

I would probably go root for another team if Buffalo moved like that.

who knows who I'd become a fan of then?

Rud wrote:

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:55 am 
Captain Dynasty

I'd quit watching the NFL. I already only watch Bills games. Football is kind of boring. Too many commercials.

fan4life61
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:20 am 
PP Quarterback

"on the ice now for buffalo, looking for the pass, and gets it, afinogenov, couldnt get the shot away, now HE DOES, HE SCORES!!!! HOLY MACKEREL ROLE THE HIGH LIGHT FILM, MAXIM AFINOGENOV, WHAT A MOVE!!!!.... thats not fair... that was unbelievable"
-R.J. and Lorenz

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:20 am 
Captain Dynasty

i was pushing Jake Locker i honestly think he will end up having the best NFL career.

I like your thinking. I would absolutely take a QB from a smaller school over a football factory school. Less talent around them, more attention to fundamentals since the team isn't simply more athletic than everyone else they play.

Ben Roethlisberger - Miami (OH)
Phil Rivers - NC State
Tom Brady - Michigan Benchwarmer
Joe Flacco - Delaware

You want a QB that has to work for everything in college, because this is the attitude you need to bring to the NFL.

psychemedisabrefan
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:28 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

CriminallyVu1gar wrote:

I like your thinking. I would absolutely take a QB from a smaller school over a football factory school. Less talent around them, more attention to fundamentals since the team isn't simply more athletic than everyone else they play.

Ben Roethlisberger - Miami (OH)
Phil Rivers - NC State
Tom Brady - Michigan Benchwarmer
Joe Flacco - Delaware

You want a QB that has to work for everything in college, because this is the attitude you need to bring to the NFL.

plus this kid has talent all around not just a big arm or athletic ability, locker is pretty well rounded.

As well Eli Manning went to Mississippi while Peyton went to Tennessee, sure they may be bigger schools. and they have a football family history. And Brady was a 6th rounder. I personally hope teams go after big fishes like tebow, clausen, bradford, and leave Locker for us. i wouldn't mind nabbing okung as well, to solidify that left side, but i'd settle for gresham if we where to trade back up into the first round.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:10 pm 
Captain Dynasty

uh, tom brady was not a michigan bench warmer. you must be forgetting him starting in 99 and 2000, including winning the fed ex orange bowl.

Howie Hodge
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:10 pm 
Star Sniper

icehound wrote:

Provided this team stays it's current course (and unless Bill Polian's coming back, it will) it would make it easy to emancipate, emotionally, from The Bills. I would never root for them in another city. I don't follow anyone other than The Bills in The NFL anymore, so I would be done with that league.

I guess The NHL and EPL are the only two leagues I actually embrace....

-Bowler, imitating Freddy Blassie, at the very first M & G.

jvaccaro6
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:48 pm 
Certifiably Hotter than ETC

http://www.uhcougars.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/keenum_case00.html

Case Keenum, University of Houston. He's got all the tools, great arm, great vision, very athletic. Reminds me of a Brett Favre type of player, lots energy, and brings that competitive edge every game. You don't put up the kind of stats he does on accident, and you don't revive a Houston football program that has been irrelevant for nearly a decade by accident either.

He's going to be the best Pro out of this years draft class if he goes; and thats a big IF because if he does stay one more year, he'll probably go #1 over all in 2011's draft.

Squanto 7/27/2010

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:29 am 
Cup Winner

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
uh, tom brady was not a michigan bench warmer. you must be forgetting him starting in 99 and 2000, including winning the fed ex orange bowl.

Yes, but not for his first two years.

Brady had to earn his starting position, which he did. He started 7th on a depth chart and became a starter in two years.

To be honest I'm really surprised he got picked so late. But he wasn't the greatest running QB, and such.

He has an arm that is accurate, and that is why he is successful, he's been lucky many times also, as all the greats to win games before him.

QB is not the first thing we need to look into. I'd rather them not draft a QB in the first round and draft or sign an offensive line with much more experience, and focus on stopping the run. As much of a fan of offense that I am. The Saints and Colts and Patriots have modeled their teams in a complete offensive team, with maybe enough defense to cover just in case.

I'd rather be a team like the Steelers of Giants who can score points, and shut other teams down.

Rud wrote: