It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Skyline_BNR34
 Post subject: Gran Turismo 5
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:16 pm 
Cup Winner

I can't believe one of the biggest games to soon come out doesn't have a topic here.

Well it's getting released on November 2nd in America and on November 3rd for European nations.

If you want more information check out http://www.gtplanet.net/

They have everything you need to know basically.

Check out some of the screenshots from the game, OMG. I know I'll be getting this game at some point. Hopefully right when it come out.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

SeveredLegionair
 Post subject: Re: Gran Turismo 5
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:28 am 
7th Defenseman

If this game lives up to the hype, it will be the greatest racing game of all time.... and possibly the greatest GAME of all time.... i can't wait!!!

The Sev

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:02 pm 
Cup Winner

It will live up to the hype, it's Polyphony Digital we are talking about, they strive to be as realistic as possible and succeed in doing so.

Some of the screeshots in this game look so photo realistic it's hard to tell which is real and which isn't.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

SeveredLegionair
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:41 pm 
7th Defenseman

i know this game is going to be sick... my NHL 11 gameplay is going to D.O.A. as of Nov 2nd

The Sev

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:25 am 
Cup Winner

Well it's November 11th and still no GT5 :(

But I've heard some possible dates as the 24th or the 30th as the release date.

Rud wrote:

SeveredLegionair
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:11 am 
7th Defenseman

So GT5 is FINALLY OUT!!! after 6 years it should be a masterpiece, it should be legendary, Chuck Norris should be sweating (for the first time of course). So is it? Well.....

Graphics: 9.5/10

This is by far the best looking game created to date, and i can't state that enough. The scenery is bright and colorful, and really comes alive. At certain points you have to really try and keep your focus on the track because the scenery is so beautiful.

The lighting is great as well from day races with the reflections on the cars and even the light coming into the car in the cockpit view, to night races where your headlights lead the way, it all looks awesome.

Finally the cars. There are over 1000 cars in the game, and they look great, but of those 1000+ around 200 are "Premium" cars that have been recreated inside and out with the highest level of detail that you could imagine.

IGN and other sites have complained that because of these 200 premium cars the other "ordinary" cars look dull and that "takes away" from the game. Whatever, the ordinary cars look great and the premium cars are a spectacular bonus.

Now the only thing i could really say is BAD about the graphics is the new damage system. You might be thinking, "what do you mean, I've always hated how in GT games you could ram you're car into a wall at 200mph and there isn't a single scratch" You'd be right, its about time they added damage.. and yes its finally in GT5.... but I'm still waiting for REALISTIC damage.. now if you hit a wall two or three times you'll see some dents and some bent headlights.. but that's about as much as you'll get. I rammed my NASCAR Chevy into another one head on at a combined speed of around 400 mph...and it looked like i hit a medium sized dog.. that says it all....

I don't know if they can fix this in a patch or anything but if they can they HAVE TO.. for me its the only thing keeping it from being the 10/10 this game should easily be.

Audio: 9/10

To be perfectly honest I'm not a big buff on the audio in a game. Yea the score or soundtrack is important. But really so long as the sound effects are good, i don't really notice or care about the little detail other people go crazy about. In GT5 you'll get the normal 'elevator music' menu music, and you'll get some more uptempo music for the replays, really it all work pretty well and just fits into the game. It doesn't really stand out or take away from the game. The sound effects on the other hand are a step above. So the first car i bought was a Miata, and it sounded like a stock compact car... kinda wimpy and that's what you deserve for your first car....

later in the game i was able to afford a 1969 Z28 Camaro, now this car sounded beefier, louder, more menacing. THEN.. i upgraded the car, I waited until i could afford a lot of things, before i started upgrading. I gave it a supercharger, new exhaust, new intake, new muffler system.. overall the car went from around 320 hp to around 530 hp...

then i went on the track... and the car sounded like a BEAST. You could HEAR the raw power under the hood. All i wanted was for there to be a street mode where i could just drive around and scare the shit outta little old ladies walking down the street.

Besides the menu music that is just passable Great job polyphony!

Gameplay: 7/10

If you've played a GT game before then you know how this game will play. You'll be right at home with the super realistic handling, and physics.... AND with the brain dead computer AI, and how you bounce off cars and walls like they are made completely outta rubber.

The new special events are a nice touch and you can make a ton of cash VERY fast if you are good at them. (I made over 150k in roughly 20 mins) to counter this quick cash there is a new leveling system. Basically as you level better cars become available. But its not ridiculous. the cars get "unlocked" pretty quickly and by the time you get thru a couple series you'll most likely be able to use the car you wanna buy.

Online: n/a

Polyphony has had major server issues and i haven't been able to get online in GT5 yet.. not many people have..

Overall: 9.2/10

This game is B-E-A-UTIFUL! The audio is great and the Gameplay is fun and user friendly for people new to the GT series, but also robust and deep for the biggest gear heads. You have A-spec (normal career mode) B-spec (you are the.... crew chief i guess...you teach and direct the driver) NASCAR, the Top Gear Test Track, Day races, Night Races, Races in different weather, Rally Races, Snow Track Races, Kart Races, Endurance Races, La Mas Races............ just about every kinda racing on four wheels... not to mention the special events......ugh.. that's a lot.

So in conclusion, this game is one of the best on the system, it should be in everyone's game library... GO BUY IT.

The Sev

P.S. The game lets you take great pictures during the replays i'll be uploading some of those pics soon.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:01 am 
Cup Winner

All I know is I need this game.

Rud wrote:

sabretoothpick
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:37 am 
PP Quarterback

It's a good game but 6 years of development is a joke.

The graphics are good but have some weak spots. 2D-grass textures like in the 90's shouldn't be found in such a game, yet I saw them in my second race. Shadows are weak sometimes and the standard cars don't look great. The premium cars on the other hand look awesome.

The soundtrack is great as always, the sound effects are sometimes laughable, especially if you crash into a wall.

GT made a big deal about their demolition model and it is a big disappointment. You can crash with 300 in a wall, bounce back and you see nothing but a few red areas on your car control panel. They just failed in that department.

The quantity of cars is amazing (the qualitiy could be better though), but no Porsche. WTF? They focused on the Japanese cars.

In the tuning area is no department for brakes. Usually I tune engine, wheels and brakes but apparently they just forgot about them.

The loading times of the game make it very slow to play.

The multiplayer mode works now but it seems unfinished with a quite confusing menu.

Overall a nice game but it has its issues and I got the feeling that they released it unfinished. After 6 years that's a little embarrassing.

SeveredLegionair
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:35 pm 
7th Defenseman

sabretoothpick wrote:
It's a good game but 6 years of development is a joke.

The quantity of cars is amazing (the qualitiy could be better though), but no Porsche. WTF? They focused on the Japanese cars.

In the tuning area is no department for brakes. Usually I tune engine, wheels and brakes but apparently they just forgot about them.

The multiplayer mode works now but it seems unfinished with a quite confusing menu.

There is RUF which is basically Porsche i guess but yea that blows... and i completely agree about the lack of brake upgrades.. like WTF?!?!

Multiplayer so far works okay.. I've raced in the NASCAR only games for the most part and its cool but everyone cheats.. if you pass them toward the end of the race they almost ALWAYS wreak you.. there should be yellow flags that freeze the field and then you have a restart.. and in NASCAR there is the super-draft problem/glitch.. with the right settings lapped traffic become ghost cars.. they did it so lapped traffic wasn't ruining the race by driving the opposite way or wreaking the leaders.. which is a great idea... BUT they still affect your drafting.. and basically you drive the same line as the lapped guy and you keep sling-shotting each other because he is a ghost car and you keep going thru each other and constantly drafting off each other with out having to worry about bumping each other.. i've gotten easily up to 235 on the back stretch of daytona.. so if they turned off drafting for ghost cars that would fix the problem

SeveredLegionair
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:25 am 
7th Defenseman

onguard
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:12 am 
Rink Rat

I played Gran Turismo and it's great but I personally like Forza Motorsport 4 better. I think it's just cause of the Kinect thing. Haha.