It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
SabreWolf
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:04 am 
Textbook Grinder

acrossthelines wrote:
Displaced Fan wrote:
Idiots who spout their screwed up ideas as "real" then look at you like you're the dumb one for asking why the formed that opinion and what they base it on. Had someone rattle on about how she "knows" Obama is a Muslim and really born in Kenya. Never did get any reason why she thinks that other than hearing it on Fox.

:x I hate that. Once someone "knows" something, even if the source that person got it from one day decides to admit to screwing up and retracts what was stated (lol yeah right, though sometimes it does happen, if an individual newspaper or journalist is at fault), that person will typically go on believing it anyway, especially if it was particularly shocking or whatever to begin with. It's kind of amazing, actually, how people can hold on to an idea about something or someone despite all evidence to the contrary with nothing supporting what they believe outside of, "Oh, I heard it somewhere," or, "That's what everyone's saying, so there has to be some truth to it!" Have to choose your battles wisely, I guess.

You made me think of a Dilbert episode.

Dogbert: I have discovered a heretofore undiagnosed condition.
Dilbert: There is no such thing as Chronic Cubicle Syndrome.
Dogbert: Initially victims exhibit denial.
Dilbert: But you have no proof.
Dogbert: Oh, I have something much better than proof. Anecdotal evidence!
Dogbert: Who do you think would be dumb enough to believe anecdotal evidence?
Dogbert: I've narrowed my target market to... PEOPLE!

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:42 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Hahaha! This chick was saying that Obama went to a radical madrassa when he was young. I remember seeing that crap on Fox and then seeing the piece CNN did where they went to Indonesia and interviewed the principle and teachers. It was a mixed faith public school. Fox News then apologized for the fuck up, once and I think it was during the day when audience levels are lower or maybe at night. Anyhow, the point was that she said she heard it on Fox, I said they retracted that story after further investigation and it was as if I hadn't said a word. The kicker is she was bitching about Rev Wright being racist and then about Obama being a Muslim and completley missing the irony. Plus it is like she hasn't watched a shred of news since the summer of '08.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:27 pm 
Cup Winner

EVERYTHING MW2 HAS TO OFFER ONLINE AND HOW CHEAP THE GODDAMN GAME IT.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:45 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:

You've bitched about this game multiple times; I'm guessing you're not faring too well right now.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:47 pm 
Cup Winner

NYIntensity wrote:
Skyline_BNR34 wrote:

You've bitched about this game multiple times; I'm guessing you're not faring too well right now.

Haha, I'm actually a pretty good player on it. I have over a 1:1 Kill to death ratio and normally fare top 5 in points at the end of the game.

But I have moments where I can't buy a kill and it pisses me off how easily it is for me to die when I shoot first sometimes. And I still hate the goddamn knife more then anything.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:48 pm 
Captain Dynasty

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
NYIntensity wrote:
Skyline_BNR34 wrote:

Haha, I'm actually a pretty good player on it. I have over a 1:1 Kill to death ratio and normally fare top 5 in points at the end of the game.

But I have moments where I can't buy a kill and it pisses me off how easily it is for me to die when I shoot first sometimes. And I still hate the goddamn knife more then anything.

That was my big annoyance with Halo, whacking someone with a gun was better than shooting them sometimes. What the hell?

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:50 pm 
Cup Winner

Yea you shoot the guy with a few bullets and he knifes you from 5 feet away since he has commando on and he never took a shot at you and you die.

In COD4 the knife was useless unless you were standing two inches from the guy, it was better to go in with a gun then a knife.

It's the old saying, never bring a knife to a gunfight, but they made it totally possible to do that in MW2 and it really sucks. I hate the knives range.

Rud wrote:

fly as hale
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:31 pm 
Mrs. Miller

parking at Buff State...biggest crock of shit ever.

bad sex

Hockey Night in Buffalo

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:26 am 
Superstar Goalie

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
NYIntensity wrote:
Skyline_BNR34 wrote:

For the longest time I was rocking a 2.X in MW; I haven't played MW2.

WaW was awful for me, I just never really liked the feel of the game.

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:52 am 
Superstar Goalie

The school bookstore has had a book on back order for one of my classes and still don't have it in. The school made the book so I can't get it anywhere else (it's new) and now in week two I have a test and homework that I can't get done and the teacher isn't making any allowances for it. Yes she is a bitch but what the fuck can I do.

acrossthelines
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:03 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Ambiguity in certain contexts

Kill it with fire.

‎"Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation."
-Khalil Gibran

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:08 pm 
Hart Winner

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
Yea you shoot the guy with a few bullets and he knifes you from 5 feet away since he has commando on and he never took a shot at you and you die.

In COD4 the knife was useless unless you were standing two inches from the guy, it was better to go in with a gun then a knife.

It's the old saying, never bring a knife to a gunfight, but they made it totally possible to do that in MW2 and it really sucks. I hate the knives range.

Play hardcore so you kill him with one shot. It works out the same with you, but you're already complaining about dying too much. :D

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:47 pm 
Cup Winner

I don't like hardcore in MW2, it's all camping and camping and that game style is so slow I rather die.

MW was my first FPS so I had a dismal .5 when I started worked it up to a .75 or so before MW2 came out.

I honestly don't die that much, I just don't like some of the ways that have gotten me killed in the past and while playing.

Rud wrote:

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:10 pm 
Superstar Goalie

I hate changing diapers

blusabre
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:20 pm 
First Rounder

That teenage girl who threw live puppies into a fast flowing river. I would have loved to have been there when she began this horrible act, because you can rest assured that I would have beat the living shit out of her before tossing her sorry ass into the river and walking away with the basket of puppies in my arms. People make me sick.

And yes, I would absolutely kick the crap out of a woman (or anyone for that matter) in a situation such as that without a second of hesitation.

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:30 pm 
Superstar Goalie

I hate my braces.....they fucking suck. I also hate pale, crappy beer. From Bud to Corona....they can all suck it.

fly as hale
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:58 pm 
Mrs. Miller

blusabre wrote:
That teenage girl who threw live puppies into a fast flowing river. I would have loved to have been there when she began this horrible act, because you can rest assured that I would have beat the living shit out of her before tossing her sorry ass into the river and walking away with the basket of puppies in my arms. People make me sick.

And yes, I would absolutely kick the crap out of a woman (or anyone for that matter) in a situation such as that without a second of hesitation.

I read on the Huffington Post that they caught her.

Hockey Night in Buffalo

sabresrocker56
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:19 pm 
Garbage Man

My roommate.

Gerbacity

NYIntensity wrote:
Sabres2Sabres wrote:
If Miller and Myers were playing like they did last year, we'd probably be over 500 right now.

If I had decided to jerk off instead, I probably wouldn't be paying child support...

"Grier coming in over the line. He leaves it to Gaustad. The shot. THEY SCOOOREE!! RING UP ANOTHER ONE FOR THE GOOSE!!! HONK IF YA HEAR THE GOOSE!! 3-0 BUFFALO!"

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:03 pm 
Hart Winner

blusabre wrote:

Even Bertuzzi?

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:51 pm 
Superstar Goalie

I hate cooking for the family and then having to leave for class without gettiing to sit down and eat with them. I always eat on the couch after I get back since I have to jet right when the wife gets home. Ugh.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next