It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Wozniak
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:43 am 
Franchise Defenseman

BlueandYellow wrote:
I know you have your opinion. And I didn't expect "System is the best", but I'm allowed to say WHY I think System is more talented, right?

yes, and DP countered your argument with his.

"That wasn't very nice...I do believe you killed my hat."

Driver of the FIRE LINDY RUFF Bandwagon since 2008.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:47 am 
Hart Winner

Wozniak wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
I know you have your opinion. And I didn't expect "System is the best", but I'm allowed to say WHY I think System is more talented, right?

yes, and DP countered your argument with his.

I know that, but I didn't mean to come off like "System is better than everything", I just wanted to say what I said without trying to overrule someone's opinion.

PatGreen
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:21 am 
PP Quarterback

Displaced Fan wrote:
For my money I'll take Would and Rooster over anything System has coughed up

Them bones, man in the box, down in a hole, no excuses

burner087
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:21 am 
Brawler

AIC all the way. SOAD had a few good songs. But AIC had quite a few. Even some of their new stuff without Lane is pretty good.

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:19 pm 
Superstar Goalie

BlueandYellow wrote:

Talent is a LOT more than where you went to school or what experience you have. It is also way more than how technical you can make your music to show everyone how educated in music/music theory you are. Actually, talent is the opposite of that. As an artist, I know people who are amazing technical painters and would blow your socks off, but if they paint tea cups with their skills I may not connect to them as much as another guy who paints from his gut and does some amazing emotional piece. Also, System's lyrics are murky, dark and confusing. I don't want to have to go break down their songs, get lyric sheets and research what they are onto, I want to listen to the songs, understand the words and let them effect me. With Alice in Chains they are right out in the open for your from the heart instead of wrapped in "weirdness" or "eccentricities".

You can say why you think they are more talented and that's fine. What I am saying is that explanation doesn't hold much water when I listen to the two bands and am effected much more by one than I am the other. Hell, Rusted Root is chocked full of music geeks, degree holders ect but they aren't on the top of anything when it comes to influence. Bad Religion has ridiculously smart, talented, educated members as well. My point is that as far as talent, it's like a hockey team. If you stick a bunch of talented player together that don't gel then you get a shitty product. I don't like System's product despite them being talented.

PatGreen
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:05 pm 
PP Quarterback

Pantera and Damageplan guitarist Dimebag Darrell has expressed his admiration for Jerry Cantrell's guitar work in an interview for Guitar International saying that "the layering and the honest feel that Jerry Cantrell gets on [Alice in Chains' Dirt] record is worth a lot more than someone who plays five million notes".[89] Anders Fridén of Swedish melodic death metal band In Flames cited Layne Staley as an inspiration for his vocals on the band's later albums.[90] In addition to fellow musicians, the band has also received praise from critics, with Steve Huey of Allmusic calling them "one of the best metal bands of the '90s" upon reviewing the 1999 compilation Nothing Safe.[91]

DIMEBAG DARREL. that is all