It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
burner087
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:50 am 
Brawler

I just with they would fix the freaking camera angle. So many times I'd be shooting down the ice and the camera would be off and I'd not get a good shot on goal. Annoying.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:57 pm 
Captain Dynasty

enjoyable game, but it still doesnt feel finished to me. 1. the computers powerplay is insane. they wont score all the time, but when they get 10 shots on goal, in 1 powerplay, thats stupid. and its not like i was out of position, the computer on the power play is just insane.

also the bouncing puck is stupid. alot of times, i be all alone with a puck but its bouncing. so i wont get possession. the computer swoops in and just takes it away. also, when i try to play the puck with my goalie, the guy who im trying to pass it to just skates away. same with a scrum along the boards and i kick it to a team mate. theyll skate the other way.

i also get annoyed at how often my own players get in my way. im trying to chase down a clear, and two players go after it, and impede me from going up the ice. so i pass it, the other player gets in my way. BAM turn over.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:46 pm 
Captain Dynasty

jeez, the AI on your own team is fucking dumb. for some reason, weber went to the net, knocked on miller, leaving a florida player all by himself for an easy goal. fucking dumb AI.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:27 pm 
Cup Winner

Mike, you have terrible luck then. I don't find my AI too bad, the bouncing puck isn't that bad for me either, hardly bounces over my stick, but occasionally losing it. But I have had some guys impede me at the other blueline, but hardly.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:34 pm 
Captain Dynasty

i dunno what to tell you. this happens over 10 times a game. especially the bumbling passes from in close. thats annoying. im winless in 4 games, which is fine. just some things are way off with this game.

but im glad its more challenging. that DOES make it fun. just wish some things were better.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:15 pm 
Captain Dynasty

holy shit snacks, does the AI for your team even put the stick on the ice? the passing is worse then last year, i didnt think that was possible. this game is seriously going back into "this game sucks" category.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:38 am 
Cup Winner

Everything you're complaining about I don't have that problem, there are some missed passes and they don't always go where I want them to go because of the camera angle, but every cross crease pass won't work now.

I've got the passing down in the game to where I want it to go, if it sucks that much, turn pass assist up for you. In NHL 09 and before, it basically was always on and always went to the guy, this time it doesn't always go to the guy or it misses him because that's hockey.

I like it, I have some small complaints on the game, like Pro is a bit easy, but then all-star goes insane to beat.

In my Fantasy Be a GM, I have it on All-star, one game I go down 4-1, and end up winning the game 6-5 at the very last possible minute and can pretty much score at ease and go around the offensive zone, then I play three or so games in a row, and I can barely get over the blueline or even shoot the puck because no matter what, their guys can always outhustle every player on my team.

That's my big issue I had in BE A GM mode was when I played the game, the other teams could always catch my players no matter who it was, and no matter how many steps I had on them, he always caught my player. Then they would collapse 4 guys isolating my one guy with the puck and my guy wouldn't pass it when I hit the button.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:56 pm 
Captain Dynasty

just played a fun game. in the AHL. i was up 3-0 but they came back in won in a shootout. that was a fun game. i dont mind losing. i mind the stupid glitches. there went many in this game.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:16 pm 
Captain Dynasty

holy shit i wish i could show you guys this replay. columbus player takes a shot, rebound goes to the left. no ones there but mike weber. im controlling him. i skate to the puck.. nothing. past the puck, he doesnt pick it up. im skating AROUND the puck trying to get possession. nope. columbus player swoops in and takes a shot.

fucking stupid.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:02 pm 
Cup Winner

Hahaha, I think I've had that happen before.

Rud wrote:

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:11 pm 
Captain Dynasty

they didnt score on the play, but if they did, i woulda raged.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:21 pm 
Captain Dynasty

ive had enough. this game sucks. im selling it to some used game store.

i really hope EASports shelves the NHL series till they can fix it like they are doing with their NBA live series. the game has regressed and isnt fun to play anymore.

jordano
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:43 pm 
Two-Way Center

ironyisadeadscene wrote:

i really hope EASports shelves the NHL series till they can fix it like they are doing with their NBA live series. the game has regressed and isnt fun to play anymore.

Speak for yourself. At first I was skeptical, but now that I have it I see how much the gameplay changes have made a difference. The gaming community has noticed it too. This game doesn't need to be "shelved", it just needs some tweaks. The changes you're looking for are probably not even possible on the current generation of systems. My only complaint is the same goalie animations since 07. IMO, it's the best change that can happen for next year.

#1 Hockey Nation.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:16 pm 
Captain Dynasty

jordano wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:

Speak for yourself. At first I was skeptical, but now that I have it I see how much the gameplay changes have made a difference. The gaming community has noticed it too. This game doesn't need to be "shelved", it just needs some tweaks. The changes you're looking for are probably not even possible on the current generation of systems. My only complaint is the same goalie animations since 07. IMO, it's the best change that can happen for next year.

the released, in my opinion, a very unfinished game. the ideas are wonderful. i feel they tried to change too much, and the game wasnt finished. i know alot of people are satisfied with the game. i know alot of people who think EA really regressed (i wasnt happy with last years game, but i feel they completely shit the bed this year.) in an effort to make the game more realistic, they made the gameplay feel forced and clunky and in the end, extremely frustrating, especially when the small things pile up (bad passing, my own players getting in my way, unresponsive controls at times, and running into a goalie who no matter what you do, you will not score..)

for example, today i was playing a game, and i was throwing everything at scott clemmensen (SCOTT CLEMMENSEN).. nothing would go in. finally, i get a rebound and a wide open net. i go to shoot, and for god knows why, my own player runs into me, the puck trickles away. why? that stuff CAN be fixed.

it speaks volumes, in my opinion, when i have more fun playing nhl 2001 then nhl 12. all the bells and whistles dont cure what ails the newer versions. thats how i feel. and not like i lose everygame. i still win most. im not faulting the computer for my own shortcomings, im blaming the game for a poor game.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:21 pm 
Cup Winner

Game must be too hard for a such a simple mind.

Kidding Mike.

Rud wrote:

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:45 pm 
Hart Winner

MIKE SMITH. I had 46 shots to their 16. They win in OVERTIME. From a shot that was probably 10 mph. Ice level. No tips. No screens. I guess my 87 OVERALL GOALIE can't stop that shot but Mike Smith can stop dangles, shots, cross creases, point shots, tips, screens, anything. This game's AI is a joke, quite frankly. I was leading 2-0 in the 3rd period. All their goals sucked.

jordano
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:03 pm 
Two-Way Center

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
jordano wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:

the released, in my opinion, a very unfinished game. the ideas are wonderful. i feel they tried to change too much, and the game wasnt finished. i know alot of people are satisfied with the game. i know alot of people who think EA really regressed (i wasnt happy with last years game, but i feel they completely shit the bed this year.) in an effort to make the game more realistic, they made the gameplay feel forced and clunky and in the end, extremely frustrating, especially when the small things pile up (bad passing, my own players getting in my way, unresponsive controls at times, and running into a goalie who no matter what you do, you will not score..)

for example, today i was playing a game, and i was throwing everything at scott clemmensen (SCOTT CLEMMENSEN).. nothing would go in. finally, i get a rebound and a wide open net. i go to shoot, and for god knows why, my own player runs into me, the puck trickles away. why? that stuff CAN be fixed.

it speaks volumes, in my opinion, when i have more fun playing nhl 2001 then nhl 12. all the bells and whistles dont cure what ails the newer versions. thats how i feel. and not like i lose everygame. i still win most. im not faulting the computer for my own shortcomings, im blaming the game for a poor game.

NHL 2001 was good when I was 11. Groundbreaking graphics and really really easy to score.

#1 Hockey Nation.

patkane88
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:31 am 
Captain Clutch

I agree something needs to be done to the computer PP. I played Montreal and they were 2/4 on the PP with 35 shots, like holy shit this isnt Canada versus Japan in the Olympics.

Twitter @BUrbanowicz13

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:22 am 
Captain Dynasty

jordano wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:
jordano wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:

NHL 2001 was good when I was 11. Groundbreaking graphics and really really easy to score.

agreed, but there was so much more to it. one of the things i loved was drafting rookies who actually mattered. you could draft a decent defenseman who could help out NOW! that was fun. in todays game, is nhl 2001 ground breaking? no. the graphics suck, and like you said, it was easy to score. but overall, the game was so much fun. when i compare a hockey game to a game of the past, its this game. i STILL play this game. and not as a "gee, lets have fun and play an old game for nostalgia sake"... i play it cause its still the most fun hockey game ive ever played. and EAsports should try to surpass that every year. and i know not alot of people think that nhl 2001 is the greatest game ever. but i do. i think, 11 years later, the gameplay shouldnt regress THIS much.

nhl 2001 was the perfect hockey game. challenging enough to keep you coming back, easy enough to keep you engaged, and you could actually BUILD teams! not everyone had the same attributes.

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:33 am 
PP Quarterback

One thing that I hate about this game and the last few games is that there's no difference in ratings. Almost every player is rated 80 or above. Paul Gaustad and Pat Kaleta, as much as I love them, don't deserve anything over an 80 overall.

@TJLuckman550

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next