It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
jordano
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:45 am 
Two-Way Center

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
jordano wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:
jordano wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:
ive had enough. this game sucks. im selling it to some used game store.

i really hope EASports shelves the NHL series till they can fix it like they are doing with their NBA live series. the game has regressed and isnt fun to play anymore.

Speak for yourself. At first I was skeptical, but now that I have it I see how much the gameplay changes have made a difference. The gaming community has noticed it too. This game doesn't need to be "shelved", it just needs some tweaks. The changes you're looking for are probably not even possible on the current generation of systems. My only complaint is the same goalie animations since 07. IMO, it's the best change that can happen for next year.

the released, in my opinion, a very unfinished game. the ideas are wonderful. i feel they tried to change too much, and the game wasnt finished. i know alot of people are satisfied with the game. i know alot of people who think EA really regressed (i wasnt happy with last years game, but i feel they completely shit the bed this year.) in an effort to make the game more realistic, they made the gameplay feel forced and clunky and in the end, extremely frustrating, especially when the small things pile up (bad passing, my own players getting in my way, unresponsive controls at times, and running into a goalie who no matter what you do, you will not score..)

for example, today i was playing a game, and i was throwing everything at scott clemmensen (SCOTT CLEMMENSEN).. nothing would go in. finally, i get a rebound and a wide open net. i go to shoot, and for god knows why, my own player runs into me, the puck trickles away. why? that stuff CAN be fixed.

it speaks volumes, in my opinion, when i have more fun playing nhl 2001 then nhl 12. all the bells and whistles dont cure what ails the newer versions. thats how i feel. and not like i lose everygame. i still win most. im not faulting the computer for my own shortcomings, im blaming the game for a poor game.

NHL 2001 was good when I was 11. Groundbreaking graphics and really really easy to score.

agreed, but there was so much more to it. one of the things i loved was drafting rookies who actually mattered. you could draft a decent defenseman who could help out NOW! that was fun. in todays game, is nhl 2001 ground breaking? no. the graphics suck, and like you said, it was easy to score. but overall, the game was so much fun. when i compare a hockey game to a game of the past, its this game. i STILL play this game. and not as a "gee, lets have fun and play an old game for nostalgia sake"... i play it cause its still the most fun hockey game ive ever played. and EAsports should try to surpass that every year. and i know not alot of people think that nhl 2001 is the greatest game ever. but i do. i think, 11 years later, the gameplay shouldnt regress THIS much.

nhl 2001 was the perfect hockey game. challenging enough to keep you coming back, easy enough to keep you engaged, and you could actually BUILD teams! not everyone had the same attributes.

I completely disagree when you say that NHL 2001 was challenging. It was very easy to score...and I mean EASY. You could knock a goalie down with a slapshot! haha. At the time I thought it was amazing because I could rack up the score and score blocker side from the blueline (every time). It was undoubtedly fun back then. Now however, I look for the most realistic game possible. So knocking goalies down with slapshots just doesn't cut it.

My suggestion to you is to adjust the sliders. I know you proabbly did a thousand times already but maybe you haven't doen the right things. If you have a problem with passing, increase the pass assist. If you think the computer is intercepting too many passes, decrease pass interceptions. If you think Scott Clemmensen is too good, decrease reaction speed. If you think Ovechkin seems the same as Brunette, increase attribute effects, yadda yadda yadda. Sliders are there to customize your experience with the game. I see no reason why you can't play the game that you want in this era of NHL games.

#1 Hockey Nation.

jordano
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:47 am 
Two-Way Center

patkane88 wrote:
I agree something needs to be done to the computer PP. I played Montreal and they were 2/4 on the PP with 35 shots, like holy shit this isnt Canada versus Japan in the Olympics.

Try decreasing the cpu pass accuracy and decrease the screen effect on your goalie. Not saying this will solve the problem, but it might help you out a bit.

#1 Hockey Nation.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:46 pm 
Captain Dynasty

jordano wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:
jordano wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:
jordano wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:
ive had enough. this game sucks. im selling it to some used game store.

i really hope EASports shelves the NHL series till they can fix it like they are doing with their NBA live series. the game has regressed and isnt fun to play anymore.

Speak for yourself. At first I was skeptical, but now that I have it I see how much the gameplay changes have made a difference. The gaming community has noticed it too. This game doesn't need to be "shelved", it just needs some tweaks. The changes you're looking for are probably not even possible on the current generation of systems. My only complaint is the same goalie animations since 07. IMO, it's the best change that can happen for next year.

the released, in my opinion, a very unfinished game. the ideas are wonderful. i feel they tried to change too much, and the game wasnt finished. i know alot of people are satisfied with the game. i know alot of people who think EA really regressed (i wasnt happy with last years game, but i feel they completely shit the bed this year.) in an effort to make the game more realistic, they made the gameplay feel forced and clunky and in the end, extremely frustrating, especially when the small things pile up (bad passing, my own players getting in my way, unresponsive controls at times, and running into a goalie who no matter what you do, you will not score..)

for example, today i was playing a game, and i was throwing everything at scott clemmensen (SCOTT CLEMMENSEN).. nothing would go in. finally, i get a rebound and a wide open net. i go to shoot, and for god knows why, my own player runs into me, the puck trickles away. why? that stuff CAN be fixed.

it speaks volumes, in my opinion, when i have more fun playing nhl 2001 then nhl 12. all the bells and whistles dont cure what ails the newer versions. thats how i feel. and not like i lose everygame. i still win most. im not faulting the computer for my own shortcomings, im blaming the game for a poor game.

NHL 2001 was good when I was 11. Groundbreaking graphics and really really easy to score.

agreed, but there was so much more to it. one of the things i loved was drafting rookies who actually mattered. you could draft a decent defenseman who could help out NOW! that was fun. in todays game, is nhl 2001 ground breaking? no. the graphics suck, and like you said, it was easy to score. but overall, the game was so much fun. when i compare a hockey game to a game of the past, its this game. i STILL play this game. and not as a "gee, lets have fun and play an old game for nostalgia sake"... i play it cause its still the most fun hockey game ive ever played. and EAsports should try to surpass that every year. and i know not alot of people think that nhl 2001 is the greatest game ever. but i do. i think, 11 years later, the gameplay shouldnt regress THIS much.

nhl 2001 was the perfect hockey game. challenging enough to keep you coming back, easy enough to keep you engaged, and you could actually BUILD teams! not everyone had the same attributes.

I completely disagree when you say that NHL 2001 was challenging. It was very easy to score...and I mean EASY. You could knock a goalie down with a slapshot! haha. At the time I thought it was amazing because I could rack up the score and score blocker side from the blueline (every time). It was undoubtedly fun back then. Now however, I look for the most realistic game possible. So knocking goalies down with slapshots just doesn't cut it.

My suggestion to you is to adjust the sliders. I know you proabbly did a thousand times already but maybe you haven't doen the right things. If you have a problem with passing, increase the pass assist. If you think the computer is intercepting too many passes, decrease pass interceptions. If you think Scott Clemmensen is too good, decrease reaction speed. If you think Ovechkin seems the same as Brunette, increase attribute effects, yadda yadda yadda. Sliders are there to customize your experience with the game. I see no reason why you can't play the game that you want in this era of NHL games.

i havnt taken the game to second hand store yet, but ill hold off and play with the sliders some more. i dont mind a challenge, i want a challenge where im rewarded for doing something well. seems to me alot of things are just off.

nhl 2001 was easy to score in, but the computer could put em up as well. still, NHL 06 was easier to score in. cross ice one timer was a goal, every time.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:32 pm 
Cup Winner

Adjusting the sliders can make a huge difference in the game. Attribute effects are one I turn up a bit higher, just so their attributes matter more than anything else.

My PK on my BAP is tops in the league, and this is because my teammates actually take more penalties in the game, I'm still allowing around the same amount of PP goals from the previous games.

That is one thing I like, my teammates take more penalties finally on their own, and the computer, well they actually take penalties in the game I'm playing against now too.

I'm still on Pro, and not having a hard time doing some things, and I've won on All-Star before. I like how challenging the game actually is now.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:47 pm 
Hart Winner

I lost again. The puck deflected off my guy's stick, off their guy's stick, off my goalie's ass, and in. 75% of their goals are shit, 15% of them are just the computer tearing my asshole, 10% of them are fair.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:54 pm 
Captain Dynasty

the computer goalie is still too hard to beat, but i just played a fun game. it was plenty frustrating, but i came close to scoring so many times, i felt like MAYBE i can figure out how to score.

anyways, i was down 1-0 middle of the second. i collect a loose puck with stafford and race in. i pass across the middle to leino, but the puck is intercepted. or deflected by the dman. but the puck deflected into the net.

the rest of the game i kept getting ohhh so close, but no cigar.

then under a minute left in the third, modano checks a flyer in the halfboards, gets the puck, and streaks in front. i take a backhander that bobrovsky gets alot of, but still trickles in. then i score an empty netter.

im averaging 2.27 goals per game, and 6th in the east. i love the challenge, but i still feel the computer goalie is way too hard to beat.

also, the computers AI on the PK is insane. i feel i should be able to pass the puck to the point without getting hit as soon as i get the puck.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:38 pm 
Cup Winner

I turned it up to All-star now.

I also played my first game online and won 4-3 and I was alone and against two or three guys.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Rud
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:56 pm 
Superstar Goalie

NHL 12 is ten bucks off on Amazon if someone doesn't have it. Just ordered it off there myself.

EDIT: Apparently it's just the 360 version that's ten dollars off. My bad.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:03 pm 
Cup Winner

Rud wrote:
NHL 12 is ten bucks off on Amazon if someone doesn't have it. Just ordered it off there myself.

EDIT: Apparently it's just the 360 version that's ten dollars off. My bad.

It's ten bucks off at Best Buy for both versions this week.
NHL 12 at Best Buy

Rud wrote:

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:52 pm 
Cup Winner

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IM4aDUpH ... 02&index=2

You say the passing sucks Mike, here's some tips on how to do it properly.

Rud wrote:

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:20 pm 
Hart Winner

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IM4aDUpHsJA&list=PL26D046BDBB209302&index=2

These are all "tips" that I knew of and used. The passing sucks because it either A. gets intercepted too much or B. our players can't accept a pass for shit.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:22 pm 
Captain Dynasty

BlueandYellow wrote:
Skyline_BNR34 wrote:

These are all "tips" that I knew of and used. The passing sucks because it either A. gets intercepted too much or B. our players can't accept a pass for shit.

bingo.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:00 pm 
Captain Dynasty

im getting used to the game. played with the sliders, and i can score somewhat more. but holy smokes. DO NOT CHANGE YOUR LINES WITH THE PUCK IN YOUR END. i will have the puck with a dman, call for a change and slow down the play. the computer is SO aggressive, they will get the puck, and they will score.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:11 am 
Cup Winner

BlueandYellow wrote:
Skyline_BNR34 wrote:

You just suck then. :D

The weak cross crease passes that used to work don't anymore, it's a fact in the NHL or hockey in general they hardly work the way they do in video games.

Rud wrote:

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:30 pm 
Captain Dynasty

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
Skyline_BNR34 wrote:

The weak cross crease passes that used to work don't anymore, it's a fact in the NHL or hockey in general they hardly work the way they do in video games.

it would be nice if you could throw a pass towards the crease and once in awhile get a stick on it. not saying all the time. maybe 1 in 20 tries.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:36 pm 
Captain Dynasty

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:

forgive me, im not trying to sound like a dick. but ive owned every single NHL game since nhl 97. ive learned the tricks and can dominate so many NHL games, its not even funny. im not some jabroni who wants to win 10-0 every game with glitch goals. my frustration comes from the feeling the game has taken steps backwards. from areas of the game that are downright bad. the overaggressive AI. the running into a robot goalie who you can not beat. the stupid AI on your own team that gets in your way. the bad passing. these arnt areas i simply need to learn. they are areas that are just bad. they need to be fixed. ive played with the sliders, and its better. but some areas of this game are just bad. plain and simple.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:37 pm 
Hart Winner

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
Skyline_BNR34 wrote:

I play games on superstar. It's just a common thing I see in the game.

Rud
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:29 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Seriously, how do I win a faceoff in this game? I think my best game in terms of faceoffs was about 40%.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:52 pm 
Hart Winner

Rud wrote:
Seriously, how do I win a faceoff in this game? I think my best game in terms of faceoffs was about 40%.

Lol yeah. Faceoffs are impossible but in NHL 11 they were too. I think I might just suck at faceoffs.

Rud
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:17 pm 
Superstar Goalie

I won at least 4/5ths of my faceoffs in NHL 11 just by taking them on the backhand and jamming the stick back towards my team once the puck got dropped.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next