It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

gr8daygo
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:37 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

THE injury update thread... good to do once and a while when all the injuries start stacking up... What info does everyone have and who did I miss?

Myers - wrist, still a number of weeks out im guessing

Patty - ?

Boyes - ?

Leopold - ?

Goose - upper body...

Gerbe - face & scrambled eggs?

Weber - ?

Cody - was he just the cut above the eye?

E X C E L L E N C E

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:06 pm 
Captain Dynasty

cody should return soon
leopold may return this weekend
goose practiced today

personally, it sucks gerbes injured, but hes played poorly this season. me thinks his run last year was the exception and not the rule.

gr8daygo
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:08 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
cody should return soon
leopold may return this weekend
goose practiced today

personally, it sucks gerbes injured, but hes played poorly this season. me thinks his run last year was the exception and not the rule.

Good to have cody back... do you just send trop down? Ive liked seeing him play recently... and I really really like the Adam, Kass, Leino line, they actually looked decent last night... that thievery, bang, bang goal was beautiful!

Could really use Leo and sit Grags... I rather see more big joe and Mcnabb....

Certainly need goose back as well, with Gerbe going down....

You think Gerbe has been that bad? I think Ennis (couple piss poor turn overs last night) and Staff (hasn't been able to finish shit) have had a rougher year so far... I know Ennis was hurt for a bit... but what does his stat line look like? Gerbe has been a terror in a few games... but the whole team really hasnt put it together yet...

Roy was strong on the back check... TV had some shots... Pommers ... eeehhh, they are the top line, they need to own it... not get out done by Leino, Adam and Kass...

E X C E L L E N C E

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:25 pm 
Captain Dynasty

i feel gerbe has been his usual pest, working hard and such, but thats not enough to think hes been good. gerbe is on the team to score, he doesnt do that often enough to justify him as playing well.

gr8daygo
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:32 am 
Franchise Defenseman

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
i feel gerbe has been his usual pest, working hard and such, but thats not enough to think hes been good. gerbe is on the team to score, he doesnt do that often enough to justify him as playing well.

I can agree with that... I can also put Ehroff (spelling), Stafford, Ennis (prior to the injury) in that same category... Leino I give a pass to because someone here had the theory that Leino is 3 steps ahead of any other Sabre right now, he's thinking furthere ahead and hasn't meshed yet... I like that theory...

In all... I hope they get healthy... Keep McNab and ZAK up and start putting together a full 60 minuets of hockey...

E X C E L L E N C E

gr8daygo
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:49 am 
Franchise Defenseman

For a little update.... Cody and Leopold returned tonight... but we lost Tropp and Ze German (Hecht)... Leino should return from suspension... Leaving one roster spot to fill for the Rangers on Saturday... Will any one from the laundry list be ready? Or will we see Marcus?

Tropp - "upper body"

Hecht - foot (im guessing)

Myers - wrist, still a number of weeks out im guessing

Patty - ?

Boyes - ?

Goose - upper body...

Gerbe - face & scrambled eggs?

Weber - ?

E X C E L L E N C E

Jammerz04
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:39 am 
Power Forward

What about hecht? He went down against Panthers and knowing Hecht's track record with staying healthy and all I'm sure he's out for at least a couple games...

Mr. Natural
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:50 am 
7th Defenseman

Wouldn't it be shorter to start a "Who's Healthy" thread?

sabresindc
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:47 am 
Captain Clutch

Mr. Natural wrote:
Wouldn't it be shorter to start a "Who's Healthy" thread?

You're not kidding. Vanek has been also nursing an upper body injury (I doubt a concussion since they let him play). Hopefully with a few days off Vanek can heal up somewhat.

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

ksquier89
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:00 am 
PP Quarterback

Vanman played with an upper body and lets hope that didnt lead to another upper body.

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:54 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

ksquier89 wrote:
Vanman played with an upper body and lets hope that didnt lead to another upper body.

I think he'd have to play with another lower body in order for it to lead to another new body, If you know what I'm saying.

Partially this is my pet peeve about a trend that's come up over the past decade or so: dropping the word "injury" off an injury report. I fucking hate hearing "He's out with a knee" or "He's out with a hamstring". I have a knee, if fact I have two, same with hamstrings, and I'm both out and in with them all the time. What they SHOULD say is "a hamstring injury" or "a knee injury". It just seems so informal and lazy to drop "injury" entirely from our vocabulary when what we're talking about is INJURIES.

sabresindc
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:09 pm 
Captain Clutch

Stuuuuuuu wrote:
ksquier89 wrote:

I think he'd have to play with another lower body in order for it to lead to another new body, If you know what I'm saying.

Partially this is my pet peeve about a trend that's come up over the past decade or so: dropping the word "injury" off an injury report. I fucking hate hearing "He's out with a knee" or "He's out with a hamstring". I have a knee, if fact I have two, same with hamstrings, and I'm both out and in with them all the time. What they SHOULD say is "a hamstring injury" or "a knee injury". It just seems so informal and lazy to drop "injury" entirely from our vocabulary when what we're talking about is INJURIES.

It's a stupid secrecy thing that seems to be mainly in the NHL only. Some teams never, or rarely, reveal what injuries their players have. This is the strategy that the Sabres employ

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:18 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

I'm not complaining about the "upper body", "lower body" labels, but the way people don't say "injury" anymore, like "Peyton Manning is out with a neck". It drives me insane that they don't say "neck injury" or "injured neck".

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:38 pm 
Cup Winner

Stuuuuuuu wrote:
I'm not complaining about the "upper body", "lower body" labels, but the way people don't say "injury" anymore, like "Peyton Manning is out with a neck". It drives me insane that they don't say "neck injury" or "injured neck".

Where did Manning get another neck to chill with?

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

ksquier89
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:44 pm 
PP Quarterback

Leino and Myers are both slated to make their returns during this weekends game. :)

Let's rock and roll bitches

daz28
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:55 pm 
Star Sniper

ksquier89 wrote:
Leino and Myers are both slated to make their returns during this weekends game. :)

Ya baby! Time to get this bitch rolling. Maybe we won't need a trade right away after all. That's awesome, although I wouldn't be opposed to some deadline moves.

ksquier89
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:12 pm 
PP Quarterback

daz28 wrote:
ksquier89 wrote:

Ya baby! Time to get this bitch rolling. Maybe we won't need a trade right away after all. That's awesome, although I wouldn't be opposed to some deadline moves.

Ship Sekera or Grags for draft picks.

Let the Roy, Gerbe, Stafford line together and hopefully the little bastard helps these fairies put up some points. If we get a solid offer fielded from another team for a defense and Stafford then make it happen.

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:15 am 
Star Sniper

So Ennis is supposed to return within a week too, right? Then the only guys on the IR are Ehrhoff and Sekera?

I'm sure at least two others will be hurt before those guys return, but IF they are at 100% by Feb there are no farking excuses after that. It's really important to me that the team stays healthy for Feb and March. Not for a playoff push, but so that if their record during the last 30 games is mediocre or worse, there aren't any damn excuses for Ruff and Regier to fall back on.

Howie Hodge
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:41 am 
Star Sniper

Sabresfansince1980 wrote:

It's really important to me that the team stays healthy for Feb and March. Not for a playoff push, but so that if their record during the last 30 games is mediocre or worse, there aren't any damn excuses for Ruff and Regier to fall back on.

^This.

Fully agree; the worst thing that could happen is for Darcy and Lindy to have an excuse to be kept around any longer. 15 years is way more than enough time to build something.

-Bowler, imitating Freddy Blassie, at the very first M & G.

hockeyplaya00
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:26 pm 
Penalty Killer

VIa twitter, Kassian and Brennan have been sent back down and Leino is in line up tonight