It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

ironyisadeadscene
 Post subject: getzlaf a sabre if.....
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:06 pm 
Captain Dynasty

http://wgr550.com/pages/11982787.php

fuck that. im not trading myers for getzlaf.

ksquier89
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:14 pm 
PP Quarterback

Yeah, I don't think so.

patkane88
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:42 pm 
Captain Clutch

Fuck that noise. I was hoping it would be Roy and Stafford

Twitter @BUrbanowicz13

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:13 pm 
Page Side

I'd do it.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:14 pm 
Captain Dynasty

no one wants stafford or roy. they want myers. and i wouldnt give him up. id try and make a small trade right now. dangle gragnani and gerbe out, and see if i can get a bruising forward.

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:17 pm 
Page Side

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
no one wants stafford or roy. they want myers. and i wouldnt give him up. id try and make a small trade right now. dangle gragnani and gerbe out, and see if i can get a bruising forward.

Good idea. Trade Gerbe, one of maybe 4 players on this roster that skates and plays like a cup winner. For a bruising forward. When our biggest needs are a first line center, and Stanley Cup Experience/leadership.

Here's an idea. Trade Myers for for Getzlaf, and you get what you want (a bruising forward) and I get what I want (a game breaking first line center to turn Vanek into a 60 goal scorer.)

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:32 pm 
Captain Dynasty

PuckSniperPensel wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:

Good idea. Trade Gerbe, one of maybe 4 players on this roster that skates and plays like a cup winner. For a bruising forward. When our biggest needs are a first line center, and Stanley Cup Experience/leadership.

Here's an idea. Trade Myers for for Getzlaf, and you get what you want (a bruising forward) and I get what I want (a game breaking first line center to turn Vanek into a 60 goal scorer.)

screw that. you get older, and you get a guy coming off a contract soon, and you leave a HUGE hole on your blue line, giving up a young player signed cheaply for his skill and for a long time. gerbe may care, but he isnt an asset to the team. he stays to the outside and generates very little.

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:45 pm 
Page Side

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
PuckSniperPensel wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:

screw that. you get older, and you get a guy coming off a contract soon, and you leave a HUGE hole on your blue line, giving up a young player signed cheaply for his skill and for a long time. gerbe may care, but he isnt an asset to the team. he stays to the outside and generates very little.

You get a little older, but 26 isn't old. You leave one void, but you fill 3.

Myers is good, but he's far from superstardom. There's no guarantee that he'll ever reach it, either.

An elite first line center has been this teams' biggest need since 07-08. Where else do you think they'll be able to address that?

Gerbe might not be scoring a ton of goals yet, but get him with the right players and he will. Since he's come back from the concussion, he's been the best Sabre on the ice most nights. Not to mention, if he's not an asset to the Sabres, what makes you think he'd be some kind of asset that'd bring a nice return on a trade?

Guys who play the game like Gerbe are few and far between. They're the kind of guys you keep around. He's the type of player who's on the ice at the end of a game with a lead. He plays on the PK. I think you drastically undervalue those intangibles.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:50 pm 
Captain Dynasty

what if getzlaf fills the void for the rest of this year and next, then flies the coop? while myers continues to blossom is anahiem? no thanks.

and you are right, not many teams probably would want gerbe. but i mean just get a gritty, big forward who hits and thats it. the sabres lack alot of things, but toughness can be the cheapest to acquire.

Nuthatch
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:51 pm 
Penalty Killer

I would argue as to whether or not Gerbe is an asset. He IS one of the guys who always plays with heart out there. On this team I think I value heart & decent skills over "meh" and high skills.

And as for the Myers thing, that sounds like telling Darcy to put up or shut up. LOL

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:59 pm 
Page Side

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
what if getzlaf fills the void for the rest of this year and next, then flies the coop? while myers continues to blossom is anahiem? no thanks.

and you are right, not many teams probably would want gerbe. but i mean just get a gritty, big forward who hits and thats it. the sabres lack alot of things, but toughness can be the cheapest to acquire.

We already have a gritty, big forward who hits. He does it so well, that he's not allowed to do it anymore. Why fill a position that Kassian will eventually be able to step into?

Even if that were a need, you're telling me right now that you want to get rid of a guy who skates like a maniac and hits, who plays on the PK and in other key situations, for a big guy who hits. I just don't see how that helps this team at all right now.

Trading Myers for Getzlaf is a risk, but without risk, there is no reward. You have to have confidence that you can get the guy to stay. And you pay him very handsomely.

What if then, Darcy goes after Ryan Suter to replace Myers and bolster the blue line?

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:05 am 
Captain Dynasty

ryan suter is awesome. myers, he wont be. the sabres are better off keeping myers, IMO. and kaleta doesnt hit anymore because he cant stay healthy. his time in the NHL is running short. not only can he not stay healthy, hes got a target on his back. and kassian is a future top 6 forward. call me archaic, but i want a big hitter for the 4th line.

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:13 am 
Page Side

Fair enough. I just see an opportunity to create one of the nastiest first lines in hockey, and I'm having a very hard time saying no to that.

SabresBillsFan
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:43 am 
Power Forward

First off I want to say is I like Myers a lot but if u trade Myers for getzlaf u have to make that deal. Getzlaf in between vanek would be a deadly combo. Myers is a good player but not even close to where getzlaf is. I get to see alot of ducks games here out west and getzlaf is hella good. Who knows if Myers ever reaches to where chara is and if u can swing a deal for suter or weber later on why not.

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:55 am 
Franchise Defenseman

SabresBillsFan wrote:
First off I want to say is I like Myers a lot but if u trade Myers for getzlaf u have to make that deal. Getzlaf in between vanek would be a deadly combo. Myers is a good player but not even close to where getzlaf is. I get to see alot of ducks games here out west and getzlaf is hella good. Who knows if Myers ever reaches to where chara is and if u can swing a deal for suter or weber later on why not.

Think I agree with this.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:35 am 
Cup Winner

Myers for Getzlaf is one I'd do, even for Perry I'd do it.

You get a combo of Vanek, Getzlaf, and Pominville, oh my god would that be crazy.

I'm a huge Myers fan and I think he'll turn into a future Norris winner for sure, but we're in the bottom 10 for scoring goals this year. We need offense.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:48 am 
Page Side

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
Myers for Getzlaf is one I'd do, even for Perry I'd do it.

You get a combo of Vanek, Getzlaf, and Pominville, oh my god would that be crazy.

I'm a huge Myers fan and I think he'll turn into a future Norris winner for sure, but we're in the bottom 10 for scoring goals this year. We need offense.

I wouldn't do it for Perry. Perry's success has largely come because of Getzlaf. And he's not a center.

I like Myers too. He may win a Norris someday. But if you have a chance to land a 26 year old, first line center, who plays physical hockey, knows how to lead, and has won a cup... you do it.

daz28
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:04 am 
Star Sniper

First off, I'm not sure I believe it.

Second, as Irony said, the lack of a contract scares me enough that I would not just slap the deal on the table.

Myers hasn't been steadily progressing, but Getzlaf has his moments too. Being a Duck fan, he is certainly their "lazy Vanek". Vanek deserves a Getzlaf to play with, but the lack of contract is more alarming(to me) than Myers not becoming an elite. If Getzy had a 5 year, I'd be considering the deal. Maybe make Murray throw in a kicker(Vatanen?) if he's got that big a Myers hard on.

Wait a second, is Hamilton on dope. Myers is still on the cheap contract. How in creation would you bring in Getz's salary?? Samueli ISN'T Pegula. He doesn't eat salaries, he trades them away.

daz28
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:10 am 
Star Sniper

False rumor, unless some 3rd party contract eating monster steps in. Burkie???

This trade is almost IMPOSSIBLE, and this dork writes, "TOMORROW".

LOL

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:21 am 
Page Side

He said Getz could be here tomorrow if Darcy wanted, because Anaheim would trade him for Myers. He didn't mean that a deal is pending. Darcy would obviously have to clear some cap, too.