It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PatGreen
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:27 am 
PP Quarterback

backthatSASSup wrote:
Oh, and I was also thinking that Peyton Manning would probably hate it if Brady won a Super Bowl in his house. Can't say I would blame him. :lol:

i guess they are friends outside of the game. but yeah, i guess i'd hate it if my biggest rival and threat won in my house.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:44 pm 
Captain Dynasty

and better quarterback. boom!

backthatSASSup
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:37 pm 
PP Quarterback

PatGreen wrote:
backthatSASSup wrote:
Oh, and I was also thinking that Peyton Manning would probably hate it if Brady won a Super Bowl in his house. Can't say I would blame him. :lol:

i guess they are friends outside of the game. but yeah, i guess i'd hate it if my biggest rival and threat won in my house.

Also considering that his brother is the quarterback of the other team.

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:28 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

PatGreen wrote:
also remember the field goal wasn't going to win them the game. people forget that.

This made me laugh. The game happened yesterday, and this makes it sound like there's already a well-known historical storyline on its place in NFL lore.

ksquier89
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:42 pm 
PP Quarterback

Stuuuuuuu wrote:
PatGreen wrote:
also remember the field goal wasn't going to win them the game. people forget that.

This made me laugh. The game happened yesterday, and this makes it sound like there's already a well-known historical storyline on its place in NFL lore.

Anything the Patriots do, mostly Brady, immediately goes down in NFL lure.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:50 pm 
Cup Winner

PatGreen wrote:
Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
The 2007 Giants say otherwise.

You know, the team that beat the 18-0 Patriots in the Superbowl.

Oh yea, this Giants team has a good defense as well as a good Offense. How are you to say the Patriots have an easy win here?

Why does everyone think the Patriots are an immortal team. They barely beat the Ravens. Hell a few dropped passes get caught, Lee Evans, the Ravens win. Flacco doesn't just throw the ball away a few times, they win.

Manning is a far superior QB than Flacco and Tebow and will shred the secondary in the Superbowl. The Patriots had a huge test today with the defense, but the Ravens offense wasn't rolling well enough, plus, Jacobs is going to run all over the place.

yes, they did. i just don't see brady and belicheck losing to a team again, especially in the superbowl. you make all these arguments about how the patriots barely won, but if you remember that superbowl, if not for one INCREDIBLY LUCKY catch on a late third down, the patriots won that game.

I never said it would be an easy win. the super bowl is never an easy win. by the way, the ravens are a good team, not a bunch of scrubs. if you remember they were the number 2 seed for a reason.

and when has jacobs run anywhere? if the patriots d gets shredded, it's through the air. their run defense has been very good for most of the year.

You never said it was going to be easy, but you sure as hell implied it Pat. "but i don't see the niners or giants beating the pats....not with 2 weeks for belicheck to prepare." You're direct words. Not mine.

Anyone can see you think the Patriots have this locked in the bag. I bet you said the same thing in the 2008 Superbowl too, because no one beat them before in 18 games. And you're saying it was a lucky catch, it still happened though. Luck may have had lots to do with that game, but it still happened and the Patriots lost with ample time to prepare also, you know, the 2 weeks Belicheat had to prepare for them then.

Edit: SATW

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

PatGreen
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:19 pm 
PP Quarterback

by the way, saying "i don't see them being beaten" in no way, shape, or form implies an easy victory. there's always a chance anyone can lose.
Edit: SATW

PatGreen
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:11 pm 
PP Quarterback

"i don't see the giants beating the patriots" is analogous to "the patriots are going to kill the giants"?

Jammerz04
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:48 am 
Power Forward

ksquier89 wrote:
Please cheer on my team as we try our best to take down the evil empire.
Some players to track during the game that you may not know. Ladarius Webb is a stud cornerback who should have been picked for the probowl. Dennis pitta is our white tightend and has hands like glue. Then there is always Reed,Lewis, Suggs, Ngata, Rice, and Flacco who I think is going to air it out today. Enjoy the games and stay safe out there.

Ravens are my team too. Shitty they lost. I don't know what went wrong on that final play by Flaaco. Yet I dunno what Harbaugh was thinking, I think Cundiff had the leg to power to put that 51 yarder through.

SABRESAllTheWay
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:08 am 
MegaDouche

Skyline and Pat, you've had interesting thread debates before. I don't think other members really want to see you two try to play the blame game, try not to let the forum get to you like that. If you feel you're going to call someone an asshole, or ask them if they really went to college, that is seen as insult and starts thread derailment, then just don't click the "submit" button and wait a bit.

Also to the other posters who added their own "support" of the debate, the mods would like you to use the report post (that gigantic orange exclamation point) button instead.

Back on topic please.

Also: using "Belicheat", although your own opinion, can push the wrong buttons on supporters of the pats, and the consequences of that are your own.

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:34 am 
Superstar Goalie

I'm done.

PatGreen
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:31 pm 
PP Quarterback

wait, did Brian pass SOPA?

i got a board warning for that. did anybody see anything that I should be warned for?

mod: you know this isn't a scientific research paper or technical writing, correct? connotations and other more generic language habits are okay. the practices exhibited in this thread, if continued, is going to drive people away, not bring them in. think about your actions.

Last edited by PatGreen on Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:32 pm 
Superstar Goalie

You mean before or after he monitored and modified your internet content?

PatGreen
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:35 pm 
PP Quarterback

i think you mean my harmless internet content.

SABRESAllTheWay
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:47 pm 
MegaDouche

PatGreen wrote:
wait, did Brian pass SOPA?

i got a board warning for that. did anybody see anything that I should be warned for?

mod: you know this isn't a scientific research paper or technical writing, correct? connotations and other more generic language habits are okay. the practices exhibited in this thread, if continued, is going to drive people away, not bring them in. think about your actions.

OK, if you want to call me out I'm fine with that.

You had replied to a comment from Skyline that included something along the lines of "you did go to college, right" which in turn caused skyline to post back at you in much harsher terms that involved "asshole" in a reply.

You started the whole incident by your "General Language habits" and I could EASILY have gone and banned you for breaking CoC rule #2 "2. No Flaming. Comments deemed as abusive, offensive, trolling, obnoxious or provocative will be deleted without warning." and applying disciplinary action "First offense: Offending post or thread may be edited or deleted and the user will be warned. Depending on severity, the user may also be timed out for 24 hours."

The thread was edited, and you were given a warning. I left it at that.

I'm more than happy to enact the timeout I'm allowed by the CoC if you would like?

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:53 pm 
Superstar Goalie

FWIW, this forum was more alive when we had threads full of boobs and ETC's pub.

SABRESAllTheWay
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:55 pm 
MegaDouche

NYIntensity wrote:
FWIW, this forum was more alive when we had threads full of boobs and ETC's pub.

nothings stopping that :) i could use some boobs right about now

ksquier89
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:00 pm 
PP Quarterback

SABRESAllTheWay wrote:
NYIntensity wrote:

nothings stopping that :) i could use some boobs right about now

Beeeeewwwbbbbssss for blocked shots was fun. Thinking maybe lesbians for losses.

Somebody ask for bewbs? http://thechive.com/2012/01/27/the-elusive-syde-bewb-35-photos/
Let fapping commence.

Last edited by ksquier89 on Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PatGreen
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:28 pm 
PP Quarterback

SABRESAllTheWay wrote:

OK, if you want to call me out I'm fine with that.

You had replied to a comment from Skyline that included something along the lines of "you did go to college, right" which in turn caused skyline to post back at you in much harsher terms that involved "asshole" in a reply.

You started the whole incident by your "General Language habits" and I could EASILY have gone and banned you for breaking CoC rule #2 "2. No Flaming. Comments deemed as abusive, offensive, trolling, obnoxious or provocative will be deleted without warning." and applying disciplinary action "First offense: Offending post or thread may be edited or deleted and the user will be warned. Depending on severity, the user may also be timed out for 24 hours."

The thread was edited, and you were given a warning. I left it at that.

I'm more than happy to enact the timeout I'm allowed by the CoC if you would like?

1, i didn't call you out. I said "mod".
2, you could only ban me on the grounds of some new powertrip or something. that's like giving a kid detention for calling someone a peabrain. you have got to be kidding me.
3, your snarkiness is easily construed as trolling and provocative, which i believe is against the rules in the part of the CoC you mentioned just before you broke it. also, how could you have easily banned me if this is my first offense and the CoC you quoted clearly states that i can be warned or at the max timed out for 24 hours. and i hardly think even the most strict nun would agree the comments sky or i made were worth the most severe punishment.

by the way, all of this shit went down on monday night. it was over. you opened this can of worms for some display of power. you didn't need to officially "warn" anyone. send a PM and say "hey, i edited some content just so it was less offensive. i know that has always been okay before, but since we're trying to get more membership we're going to try and cap that pretty quick. thanks."

i'm also not sure that you can edit belicheat to belicheck. really? things said on ESPN are okay but not here?

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:41 pm 
Superstar Goalie

If Pat or Skyline were really that offended, it's my POV that they would have reported the posts, via the button that you guys made considerably more prominent.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next