It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
jvaccaro6
 Post subject: Re: Bobby Ryan
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:02 pm 
Certifiably Hotter than ETC

Mathematically it does work.

And you guys are high off your ass if you wouldn't give up Gerbe for Getzlaf. I like Gerbe as much as the next guy, but Getzlaf is an elite player, Gerbe is just a decent player. There's a big difference.

Squanto 7/27/2010

OldTimeHockey
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:29 pm 
PP Quarterback

ksquier89 wrote:
No way we move Goose. I think he should have donned the "C" going into the season. He is the type of player you want representing your team when things like the Miller incident come along. If he were the Captain there is no way in hell things shake down the same way. Goose basically sacrificed himself against Lucic the next game against Boston. He knew he was going to get housed, and so did the team, but he did it because he had to. It was the thing to go. Pominville is a rational mediator and Gaustad is the leader.

You mean like when he didn't do anything the night of?

Can we stop with the 3rd 4th line guys wearing the "C" sentiments. They drive me nuts.

The "C" has brought out the best player in Pominville, he keeps it.

OldTimeHockey
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:37 pm 
PP Quarterback

OldTimeHockey wrote:
ksquier89 wrote:
No way we move Goose. I think he should have donned the "C" going into the season. He is the type of player you want representing your team when things like the Miller incident come along. If he were the Captain there is no way in hell things shake down the same way. Goose basically sacrificed himself against Lucic the next game against Boston. He knew he was going to get housed, and so did the team, but he did it because he had to. It was the thing to go. Pominville is a rational mediator and Gaustad is the leader.

You mean like when he didn't do anything the night of?

Can we stop with the 3rd 4th line guys wearing the "C" sentiments. They drive me nuts.

The "C" has brought out the best player in Pominville, he keeps it.

I was totalyl waiting to "Peca" and "Drury" him...oh well.

SeveredLegionair
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:02 am 
7th Defenseman

latest rumor from HockeyyInsiderr is:

Stafford, Adam, Sekera and a 1st for Bobby Ryan

https://twitter.com/HockeyyInsiderr
I would be all for that trade, we would get a 30+ goal scorer and clean up some of the redundancies in our system.
Ryan would be a big upgrade over Stafford, I don't think Adam will get much better, and Sekera is just a victim of being on a team saturated with defencemen. the only thing i don't like is giving up the 1st because Darcy's drafts have been very good over the last few years especially in the first round. But if it's needed to finish the deal then i wouldn't let that be the thing that killed this deal.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:55 am 
Hart Winner

If the Ducks don't like that for Ryan idk what they will. A guy who can score 20-30 goals (Stafford) for 40-50 points a year, a rookie who looks kinda decent, a nice offensive D man and a 1st.

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:41 am 
PP Quarterback

Honestly, that trade just seems like "here's all the players our fans either don't like or don't know much about. We'll just take your one good player for these guys who are all 'underappreciated, and maybe you'll get good use out of that 1st."

@TJLuckman550

SeveredLegionair
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:08 am 
7th Defenseman

Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
Honestly, that trade just seems like "here's all the players our fans either don't like or don't know much about. We'll just take your one good player for these guys who are all 'underappreciated, and maybe you'll get good use out of that 1st."

yea it does sound like that a little bit but in those types of rumors the players are usually like Weber,Ellis,Mancari, or gerbe... something like that.. these are all good NHLers and a possible NHLer in Adam. I think the 1st and Stafford are the main pieces to the deal and Sekera and Adam are the pieces you have to throw in to get it done. Another rumor guy on twitter (not Ek) says that the ducks want a better center than Adam. Either Grigorenko, or Hodgson. Sabres have refused and ducks MAY settle with this current deal. there is also an offer for Ryan from the Bruins but the compensation for the ducks is less.

Squanto
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:31 am 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

If you listen to anything that guy says, you're an idiot.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:33 pm 
Hart Winner

Squanto wrote:

Definitely.

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:20 pm 
PP Quarterback

BlueandYellow wrote:
Squanto wrote:

Definitely.

I was duped on the Ennis re-signing. I won't be duped again.

@TJLuckman550

SeveredLegionair
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:37 pm 
7th Defenseman

yea all the rumor guys are hit/miss.. just really bored because of the lack of moves since the Roy/Ott trade..

Jammerz04
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:19 pm 
Power Forward

SeveredLegionair wrote:
yea all the rumor guys are hit/miss.. just really bored because of the lack of moves since the Roy/Ott trade..

Same here...

I heard a rumor on spectorshockey.net that the trade that's believed to be on the table right now for Bobby Ryan from ANA to BUF is

Sekera - We have a huge amount of defensemen. It's either Sekera or Leopold that should get traded maybe even throw Pardy into the mix.
Stafford - Ryan and Drew are both RW's but the one question I have is will he click with Ennis?
Adam - Right now we have enough young centermen so we can afford to lose Adam.
1st rounder - We've got a lot of young talented forwards and defensmen in our system so IMO we can lose one first rounder.

For

Ryan

I think that's a pretty fair trade.

With free agency coming up for our top 3 stars on this team in a couple seasons I believe it's now or never to start building a contender. Miller IMO will leave because of his connection to Cali. Vanek will leave, hell the guy signed a offersheet with the Oilers. He's definately leaving when he becomes UFA. I can only see Pominville staying due to the fact he wears the "C"

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:02 pm 
Star Sniper

Anaheim might want that package, but I highly doubt Regier trades four pieces for Ryan. Ryan is a great player that I would love to have, but the difference between he and Stafford is not as much as Sekera, Adam, and a 1st. Ryan averages 32 goals, 130 hits, and is 18 months younger with a 1.1 mil higher cap hit. Stafford averages 20 goals, 70 hits, and they both are about the same defensively. Is that difference worth...

Sekera - turned out (if last season is a true indicator) to be a top four d-man. Even though his offensive game has never met expectations he's on a great contract for how he played last season.

Adam - obviously has work to do learning defense and possibly a better work ethic, but still has the talent to be a top two C/LW.

1st rd pick - With Buffalo's recent draft history I wouldn't give away that pick with other assets.

If the basis for a trade is Stafford for Ryan, I would add in Sekera OR Adam and a 2nd OR a lesser prospect and a 1st rd pick. Anaheim really wants a 2C but Buffalo can't afford that, so if they plan on screwing Buffalo over for everything else they have I hope Regier backs out. For comparison, it's widely reported that Murray wants Couturier and one of the Schenns from Philly for Ryan. I'd laugh that off too if I were Holmgren, and it's probably why Philly has reportedly dropped out of talks.

Ryan is a great power forward, but a winger is not a vital, cornerstone position on the ice. He's not worth giving up the farm for.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:56 pm 
Hart Winner

Sabresfansince1980 wrote:
Anaheim might want that package, but I highly doubt Regier trades four pieces for Ryan. Ryan is a great player that I would love to have, but the difference between he and Stafford is not as much as Sekera, Adam, and a 1st. Ryan averages 32 goals, 130 hits, and is 18 months younger with a 1.1 mil higher cap hit. Stafford averages 20 goals, 70 hits, and they both are about the same defensively. Is that difference worth...

Sekera - turned out (if last season is a true indicator) to be a top four d-man. Even though his offensive game has never met expectations he's on a great contract for how he played last season.

Adam - obviously has work to do learning defense and possibly a better work ethic, but still has the talent to be a top two C/LW.

1st rd pick - With Buffalo's recent draft history I wouldn't give away that pick with other assets.

If the basis for a trade is Stafford for Ryan, I would add in Sekera OR Adam and a 2nd OR a lesser prospect and a 1st rd pick. Anaheim really wants a 2C but Buffalo can't afford that, so if they plan on screwing Buffalo over for everything else they have I hope Regier backs out. For comparison, it's widely reported that Murray wants Couturier and one of the Schenns from Philly for Ryan. I'd laugh that off too if I were Holmgren, and it's probably why Philly has reportedly dropped out of talks.

Ryan is a great power forward, but a winger is not a vital, cornerstone position on the ice. He's not worth giving up the farm for.

Ryan has a lot more talent than Stafford and probably more ambition. He's scored 71 points before, I'd say he'd flourish with the Sabres.

Jammerz04
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:06 am 
Power Forward

BlueandYellow wrote:

Ryan has a lot more talent than Stafford and probably more ambition. He's scored 71 points before, I'd say he'd flourish with the Sabres.

Agreed. We all know what Stafford brings to the table. Without Ennis he seems like nothing IMO... I believe 52 points has been his highest output so far in his career I believe 60 PTS is his cap. Ryan on the other hand had 71 points and hasn't scored less than 30 goals since joining the league full time. And he's got the potential to be 80-100 point guy; stafford does not have that at all.

Maybe substitute Leopold for Sekera in the trade and maybe just a 1st round pick and Adam. We are definately loaded at defense and have to get rid of at least 2 NHL defensemen. Brayden McNabb is very ready to make the jump and listening to his interviews that if he doesn't get that chance he will look elsewhere. That's my opinion anyways...

SeveredLegionair
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:46 pm 
7th Defenseman

last note i saw on Twitter was that the Ducks would accept that trade if Stafford is subsituted with Vanek..

If that's the case.. no deal IMO then it is basically trading Vanek for Vanek and also giving them 3 other pieces to do it... no thanks

Jammerz04
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:10 pm 
Power Forward

SeveredLegionair wrote:
last note i saw on Twitter was that the Ducks would accept that trade if Stafford is subsituted with Vanek..

If that's the case.. no deal IMO then it is basically trading Vanek for Vanek and also giving them 3 other pieces to do it... no thanks

agreed. Darcy won't be that dumb to include Vanek in the trade.

I'd do

Stafford
Sekera or Leopold
Pardy or Weber
Adam
1st rounder

FOR

Ryan
2nd Rounder

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:04 pm 
Star Sniper

B&Y - I agree, except if "flourish" means 80 pts I doubt it.

Legionair - Anaheim is a budget team and they don't want to take back a big contract, so I doubt Stafford is a piece they want let alone Vanek.

Jammerz - You're downplaying Stafford and propping up Ryan to the max. Obviously Ryan is better, but nowhere near better enough for Regier to throw in two d-men, Adam, and a 1st...even for a 2nd rder back. Ryan could very well be a regular 70 pt player while Stafford becomes a regular 60 pt player (with a talented center and playing on a solid line). Let's not forget that Ryan plays with friggin Getzlaf and Perry while Stafford has played with a recovering Roy and mish-mash of inconsistent 2nd rate talent. I don't know how you can think that 10-20 pts more from Ryan is worth 2 d-men (including Sekera who just had a GREAT season), Adam and a 1st.

Anaheim wants a 2C and Buffalo doesn't have that unless it's Hodgson or Ennis. Regier has already stated he won't trade them and I agree because Buffalo is thin at C and already needs a defensive type C as it is to complement them. This makes any Ryan trade with Buffalo a very slim possibility. BUT, if somehow they do become partners and Stafford is the main piece leaving there shouldn't be more than one very good, or two average pieces going back.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:28 pm 
Hart Winner

B&Y - I agree, except if "flourish" means 80 pts I doubt it.

Legionair - Anaheim is a budget team and they don't want to take back a big contract, so I doubt Stafford is a piece they want let alone Vanek.

Jammerz - You're downplaying Stafford and propping up Ryan to the max. Obviously Ryan is better, but nowhere near better enough for Regier to throw in two d-men, Adam, and a 1st...even for a 2nd rder back. Ryan could very well be a regular 70 pt player while Stafford becomes a regular 60 pt player (with a talented center and playing on a solid line). Let's not forget that Ryan plays with friggin Getzlaf and Perry while Stafford has played with a recovering Roy and mish-mash of inconsistent 2nd rate talent. I don't know how you can think that 10-20 pts more from Ryan is worth 2 d-men (including Sekera who just had a GREAT season), Adam and a 1st.

Anaheim wants a 2C and Buffalo doesn't have that unless it's Hodgson or Ennis. Regier has already stated he won't trade them and I agree because Buffalo is thin at C and already needs a defensive type C as it is to complement them. This makes any Ryan trade with Buffalo a very slim possibility. BUT, if somehow they do become partners and Stafford is the main piece leaving there shouldn't be more than one very good, or two average pieces going back.

Ryan is a goal scorer. Kid scores 30 goals every year. Stafford has scored 30 goals once in his career, that weird year where he got like 40 hattricks then just disappeared.
Ryan, to me, is a more talented Vanek. 30 goals a year but Vanek gets in the dirty areas more. So throwing in Vanek is a no no for me, but for Stafford, Adam, a D man and a 1st we can afford to do that.

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:18 pm 
Star Sniper

Again I agree, mostly. Your trade package is a little less than Jammerz, and even though I don't think it's fair I would still consider it as long as the d-man isn't Sekera. I'd make it Pardy, Leopold, or Weber, but I know Anaheim wouldn't accept that. I just don't think Buffalo has or can afford the right players for Ryan.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next