It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
AudSabres
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:52 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Quote:
"I don’t think I have to sell anything, they know where they’re at. They understand where we can get to and how big the two points is. I shouldn’t have to sell it this time of year."
~ Lindy Ruff

Not much more to say other than win this game. I just hope Lindy doesn't mess with the lineup too much.

LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!

He's a middling AHL player who had the good fortune of a drunk arbitrator. - The Squanto re: Tim Kennedy

motzie12ak
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:55 pm 
Garbage Man

If I were Lindy, I honestly wouldn't change a thing other than probably sending Turnbull back down and putting in Kaleta/Gerbe. But I wouldn't touch our top 3 lines right now.

motzie12ak
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:56 pm 
Garbage Man

I assume we're going to see McCormick go back to the bench and you'll see Kaleta Boyes and Gerbe on the 4th line

sabresindc
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:26 am 
Captain Clutch

Is Gerbe healthy??? Oh Shit does that means Foligno has to go back since he's an emergency call up????

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

ksquier89
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:21 am 
PP Quarterback

Foligno stays. Gerbe and Kaleta on our 4th is perfect.

We are going to fuck shit up tonight.
Sabres 4 Crapitals 1

Gerbe with a goal and an assist.

SABRESAllTheWay
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:58 am 
MegaDouche

Ok sabres, if you're going to lose let me know early. If you're going to win make sure you score six in the first so my emotions aren't shot after 20 minutes of play!

AudSabres
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:40 am 
Superstar Goalie

sabresindc wrote:
Is Gerbe healthy??? Oh Shit does that means Foligno has to go back since he's an emergency call up????

From what I believe, Foligno is up because of Matt Ellis being out.

Now, I'm going to play the ignorance card regarding call ups and the like, but I say IF Ellis comes back and is healthy to go in the final few games/playoffs, wouldn't the Sabres be able to, "Send" Foligno down since he is up on emergency basis, then send Ellis down because of his 2-way deal, then call up Marcus on a regular roster basis? Or am I completely wrong here?

I'm not 100% sure so if someone in the know could chime in, that would be much appreciated.

He's a middling AHL player who had the good fortune of a drunk arbitrator. - The Squanto re: Tim Kennedy

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:47 am 
Star Sniper

As for your scenario...I think so. But it actually doesn't matter. With all the injury time Buffalo has racked up there is no need to send anyone down or call anyone up. They have all the roster flexibility they need. When Gerbe comes back Turnbull will be sent down. When Kaleta comes back McCormick could sit. If Ellis comes back he can either replace Tropp or just be a healthy scratch with McCormick.

BTW...is there a Sabres game on tonight?

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:40 am 
Superstar Goalie

SABRESAllTheWay wrote:
Ok sabres, if you're going to lose let me know early. If you're going to win make sure you score six in the first so my emotions aren't shot after 20 minutes of play!

Nuthatch
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:40 am 
Penalty Killer

Sabresfansince1980 wrote:

BTW...is there a Sabres game on tonight?

Nope, no game. 8-) You just cuddle up on the couch with your cup o' tea and watch Dancing With The Stars...I hear Sherry Shepard is pretty good. And did you get a look at Martina Navratalova in those red pants?? :shock:

Montalo
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:51 am 
PP Quarterback

AudSabres wrote:
sabresindc wrote:

Now, I'm going to play the ignorance card regarding call ups and the like, but I say IF Ellis comes back and is healthy to go in the final few games/playoffs, wouldn't the Sabres be able to, "Send" Foligno down since he is up on emergency basis, then send Ellis down because of his 2-way deal, then call up Marcus on a regular roster basis? Or am I completely wrong here?

I'm not 100% sure so if someone in the know could chime in, that would be much appreciated.

They, in theory, COULD do it, but ellis is useless to the amerks, because he wasnt on their clear day roster, making him ineligible to play for the amerks in the playoffs.

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:52 am 
Star Sniper

I was really hoping to catch "Fred" on Nickelodeon.

ksquier89
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:08 am 
PP Quarterback

Sabresfansince1980 wrote:
I was really hoping to catch "Fred" on Nickelodeon.

I am between Clifford the Big Red Dog and Bangbus.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:11 am 
Cup Winner

AudSabres wrote:
sabresindc wrote:

If Matt Ellis is eligible for return Foligno gets sent back to the AHL. Since he has done exceptionally well, the Sabres would in turn need to call him up for a full time spot, which burns one of their four call-ups, though it doesn't matter too much, because they could just scratch Ellis anyways and keep Foligno playing.

After the Trade Deadline it looks like an NHL team can have more than the 23 eligible players on the roster, as the rosters become unlimited, or that is what I read here: http://starsblog.dallasnews.com/archive ... issue.html

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:15 am 
Cup Winner

But, Fuck Ovechkin and the Caps, Lets win this shit.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Montalo
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:22 am 
PP Quarterback

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
AudSabres wrote:
sabresindc wrote:

If Matt Ellis is eligible for return Foligno gets sent back to the AHL. Since he has done exceptionally well, the Sabres would in turn need to call him up for a full time spot, which burns one of their four call-ups, though it doesn't matter too much, because they could just scratch Ellis anyways and keep Foligno playing.

After the Trade Deadline it looks like an NHL team can have more than the 23 eligible players on the roster, as the rosters become unlimited, or that is what I read here: http://starsblog.dallasnews.com/archive ... issue.html

But that means the Amerks are down another player on account on him being here, a spot that they cant replace, because of the clear day rosters.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:24 am 
Cup Winner

Montalo wrote:
Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
AudSabres wrote:
sabresindc wrote:

But that means the Amerks are down another player on account on him being here, a spot that they cant replace, because of the clear day rosters.

http://theahl.com/2012-clear-day-lists- ... ed-p176440

If Junior/College team's seasons are over, those players could then play for the Amerks.

Rud wrote:

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:30 am 
Sober enough to run a server

Effin Caps

I want my 2 points.

Yhoshi
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:39 am 
Franchise Defenseman

Let's destroy the Washington Capitals!

Last edited by Yhoshi on Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ksquier89
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:17 pm 
PP Quarterback

Yhoshi wrote:
Let's destroy Washington!

Somewhere the Fed's are upset about what you just wrote. :naughty: :naughty:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next