It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

ironyisadeadscene
 Post subject: eddie lack
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:18 pm 
Captain Dynasty

eddie lack is a goalie in the canucks organization. he is 6-6 and has tremendous upside. however, the canucks already have luongo and scheider waiting in the wings. my question is, does anyone else think the sabres need an upgrade in net outside of miller besides me? miller isnt a pup anymore, and enroth.. well, im not sure on enroth. outside that, their goaltending prospects look middle of the road at best at this point. so what does everyone think?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_L%C3%A4ck

Displaced Fan
 Post subject: Re: eddie lack
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:31 pm 
Superstar Goalie

I'm not a fan of Enroth. He has had great showings but overall I would like to see an upgrade.

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:35 pm 
Superstar Goalie

I'm happy with Miller and Enroth. You.Don't.Build.Championship.Teams.From.The.Goalie.Out. Would it be nice to have another great goalie? Yeah. But for the money we pay Miller, we could have at least one impact player out there on the ice, making shit happen for at least 20 minutes a game.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:10 pm 
Captain Dynasty

tell that to the kings, who won the cup with arguably the best goalie in the league.

Montalo
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:23 pm 
PP Quarterback

and was also only making 1.8 mil a year

and had other great players as well.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:29 pm 
Captain Dynasty

who in the hell said eddie lack, if traded for, would suddenly get a 7 million dollar contract?

why on earth are we talking mega contracts on a goalie who has yet to play an NHL game? all i said was "hey, buffalo has an aging goalie, no real solid goalie prospects, and the canucks have a surplus of goaltending, and this guys good."

suddenly we get guys complaining about how you cant build a championship caliber team from the net out (stupid) and talking about big contracts. the funk?

the sabres need some solid young goaltending, this guy could be an answer.

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:12 pm 
Superstar Goalie

I'm not really talking about the money for eddie lack. I'm saying that we're putting to much focus on a guy who occupies 4' of ice.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:38 pm 
Captain Dynasty

NYIntensity wrote:
I'm not really talking about the money for eddie lack. I'm saying that we're putting to much focus on a guy who occupies 4' of ice.

its the most important position in all of sports. no one has a bigger effect on the game then a goalie.

i dunno about you, but id rather put someone in that position who can play it an elite level. and outside miller, none of the sabres prospects and their backup can play it at an above average level. at least not now, or projected to do so. eddie lack is a name thats been everywhere lately, but hes buried in the AHL. i wouldnt mind seeing him in a sabres uniform.

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:01 pm 
Superstar Goalie

I think your biased. Yes, a goalie dicking the dog can totally fuck the team's morale. How many times have we relied on a goalie to make amazing saves "just to keep us in the game"?

I feel like that's our problem. We need a great goalie to keep us alive. I'd much rather have a better overall team.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:34 pm 
Captain Dynasty

NYIntensity wrote:
I think your biased. Yes, a goalie dicking the dog can totally fuck the team's morale. How many times have we relied on a goalie to make amazing saves "just to keep us in the game"?

I feel like that's our problem. We need a great goalie to keep us alive. I'd much rather have a better overall team.

this thread isnt about having a better team overall. and wouldnt having a great goalie be a major piece of the puzzle to having a better overall team?

personally, id love to have a great team overall. post some guys youd like to have on your team. id be inclined to agree, likely. but bringing in a potential stud kid wouldnt somehow kill that dream. unless the canucks demanded every halfway decent prospect the sabres had, then id be all... hazmats right.

and yes, thats your new nickname. im keeping it.

Wozniak
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:41 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

id take lack and drop enroth.

"That wasn't very nice...I do believe you killed my hat."

Driver of the FIRE LINDY RUFF Bandwagon since 2008.

Squanto
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:35 am 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

I think the Canucks are going to dump Luongo, since that's been confirmed in the media for 6 months or so, and keep Schneider, which means they wouldn't want to trade Lack away.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:42 pm 
Captain Dynasty

Squanto wrote:
I think the Canucks are going to dump Luongo, since that's been confirmed in the media for 6 months or so, and keep Schneider, which means they wouldn't want to trade Lack away.

see, i thought the same thing, but lack looks like starter material. will he be happy being a backup at 25 years old?

Squanto
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:38 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

No idea.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:41 pm 
Captain Dynasty

of course, in my plan, he comes to buffalo and backs up miller for a year, so its kind of moot, unless lack allows buffalo to move miller. which, the only reason id move miller is because of his age.

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:25 pm 
PP Quarterback

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
Squanto wrote:

see, i thought the same thing, but lack looks like starter material. will he be happy being a backup at 25 years old?

Most goalies take a while to make their mark in the NHL. Not everybody can have it as easy as being a high draft pick (i.e. Carey Price, Marc-Andre Fleury). Miller was 26 when he finaly got his chance, and of course, he took it and ran with it.

As for the Sabres goalie depth, I trust the Sabres when it comes to that specific position. They've always seemed to be able to find the diamonds in the rough at goalie, so i have no problem sitting on what we have in Nathan Lieuwen, Connor Knapp, and Linus Ullmark, not to mention finding David Leggio over in Europe and giving him another chance in the AHL.

If there's anything I'm not really concerned about with this team, it's goaltending.

@TJLuckman550

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:45 pm 
Captain Dynasty

Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:
Squanto wrote:

Most goalies take a while to make their mark in the NHL. Not everybody can have it as easy as being a high draft pick (i.e. Carey Price, Marc-Andre Fleury). Miller was 26 when he finaly got his chance, and of course, he took it and ran with it.

As for the Sabres goalie depth, I trust the Sabres when it comes to that specific position. They've always seemed to be able to find the diamonds in the rough at goalie, so i have no problem sitting on what we have in Nathan Lieuwen, Connor Knapp, and Linus Ullmark, not to mention finding David Leggio over in Europe and giving him another chance in the AHL.

If there's anything I'm not really concerned about with this team, it's goaltending.

im not big on knapp. i dont feel he uses his size correctly (but he was good on a very defensive-minded miami team.) ive heard ullmark could become a decent goalie. i dont feel any of them will become elite (and for some reason, im obsessed with having an elite goalie in the pipeline. decent doesnt cut it for me.)

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:39 pm 
PP Quarterback

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:
Squanto wrote:

im not big on knapp. i dont feel he uses his size correctly (but he was good on a very defensive-minded miami team.) ive heard ullmark could become a decent goalie. i dont feel any of them will become elite (and for some reason, im obsessed with having an elite goalie in the pipeline. decent doesnt cut it for me.)

I'm not going to worry about it much. Hell, Miller was 5th round pick. Who expected him to become elite?

@TJLuckman550

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:44 pm 
Captain Dynasty

Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:
Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:
Squanto wrote:

I'm not going to worry about it much. Hell, Miller was 5th round pick. Who expected him to become elite?

i dunno. miller was setting record after record after record in college. guy was amazing at michigan state. then again, because of that stupid MSU jersey, i hated his guts till 05-06.

lack was undrafted. but hes becoming extremely good at the AHL. his stats this year are down, but its through 6 games, so im sure theyll rebound.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:33 am 
Cup Winner

Montalo wrote:
and was also only making 1.8 mil a year

and had other great players as well.

Yea, but he makes 5.8 million from hear on out, so your point it moot now.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.