It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

YodaMage
 Post subject: Skates for Sale
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:26 pm 
Late-Round Gem

Graf 835s, size 10.5W, worn twice for 2 hours total, just open skate not in a game or even a scrimmage. Nothing wrong with them, they are just not for me and my weak sloppy ankles. Paid $413 two weeks ago, will hand them over for $275.

Easiest contact, text five 7 zero-zero four 9 one.

ironyisadeadscene
 Post subject: Re: Skates for Sale
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:52 pm 
Captain Dynasty

sorry to hear you dont like your grafs. ive had my grafs 8 years and they are still great. bootwise. i am getting a bauer cowling put on it though. graf cowlings are heavy.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:20 am 
Cup Winner

Good luck with the sale.

Buy why exactly? You did bake them to get that ankle to lock into the heel before you skated, or is it just a fit issue?

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

YodaMage
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:13 pm 
Late-Round Gem

They were baked. They are just lower and softer in general. If you were someone who skated without lacing the top eyelet normally, it wouldn't bother you, as they are a good 1" shorter then a Bauer. I always laced all the way up, so losing 1" is just awful feeling.

It is a preference thing. I'd put blades on ski boots :)

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:01 pm 
Captain Dynasty

you could tape up your ankles.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:17 pm 
Cup Winner

YodaMage wrote:
They were baked. They are just lower and softer in general. If you were someone who skated without lacing the top eyelet normally, it wouldn't bother you, as they are a good 1" shorter then a Bauer. I always laced all the way up, so losing 1" is just awful feeling.

It is a preference thing. I'd put blades on ski boots :)

Understandable, I can dig into that.

I like to tie my skates very tight and all eyelets too. But I also love my Bauer Supreme One.9 skates now. They fit great and only one area on my right foot has discomfort in them after a month to two months of skating in them now.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

YodaMage
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:34 am 
Late-Round Gem

Funny, I went back for some Supreme one.8's and after putting about 6 hours on them, I'm in love. Did toss the stock insoles and dropped in some Superfeet, but other than that dead stock with a home bake job. I will say, I prefer the forward stance on the Graf as the Bauers (though comfy like slippers) do feel like you're back on your heels. You could wedge the holder or more likely profile the blade over at Skaters Edge to get a few degrees forward in them...that might be too sweet to resist :)

Still can't sell the Graf's...looks like they are going to be expensive shelf space in my basement, lol.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:26 pm 
Captain Dynasty

my problem with bauer is their skates are of low quality. they dont last long. thats why i love my grafs. 8 years old and still look new.

also, keep watch out for skate bite. bauers give alot of skate bite.

but its all about personal preference.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:28 am 
Cup Winner

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
my problem with bauer is their skates are of low quality. they dont last long. thats why i love my grafs. 8 years old and still look new.

also, keep watch out for skate bite. bauers give alot of skate bite.

but its all about personal preference.

I have no skate bite in mine, but then again mine are top of the line skates. And, it may be possible their new skates are much better quality than from 8 years ago.

I don't know though, since I've only had my skates a couple of months now. My old Bauers were cheap and held up fine in the year I skated on them.

Rud wrote:

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:04 pm 
Captain Dynasty

theres a group on FB. goalie gear sluts united. when alot of one100 users lace up their skates, the eyelets pull out of their spot and rip the boot. also, the vortex cowlings break VERY easily. but thats why you get one60 cowlings. no cut out.

bauers boots are typically softer and break down quickly. thats just the name of the game. they are a performance skate, so they use the lightest, thinnest materials available. naturally, for that performance, they sacrifice quality, which is to be expected.

im actually getting new graf skates with bauer one60 cowlings, because the cowlings are taller and allow for better movement. thats the new mod alot of pros are going to. graf boots with bauer cowlings, instead of all bauer skates.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:37 am 
Cup Winner

Maybe it is different with goalie skates to skater skates too. I know my boot is super stiff, but it is made of an all carbon composite too. The outsole and quarter panel are all carbon, which makes it stiff and very very light.

But then again, I don't know shit about goalie skates. One thing I know is CCM skates fall apart way too quickly.

Rud wrote:

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:28 pm 
Captain Dynasty

in terms of goalie skates, most bauer users claim their skates last a season, 2 at most. graf skates can last 5 or more with ease.