It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Jammerz04
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:56 pm 
Power Forward

So with this simply being an over hyped team is it time to blow things up? or should we just keep the faith in this team for next season and risk losing basically our "whole team" for nothing?

who do you want gone for sure this deadline?

I'd like to see Stafford gone. I hope to god he is traded

Leino can stay IMO he'll probably be more productive than Stafford.

I want Hecht out. Should've never been brought back.

I don't want to see Regher or Leopold here after the deadline.

I'd like to see Pominville traded. He will fetch us a nice enough return. We also need a new captain;)

I wouldn't mind Miller being traded. He doesn't seem to happy here; can't blame him. And I gurantee he leaves once he's UFA.

I wouldn't mind Ennis traded for a bigger and stronger centerman. But I wouldn't mind seeing him back on the wing instead of playing center.

I want to see Vanek resigned to a multi-year contract sometime before he's a UFA.

Nuthatch
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:59 pm 
Penalty Killer

Jammerz04 wrote:
So with this simply being an over hyped team is it time to blow things up? or should we just keep the faith in this team for next season and risk losing basically our "whole team" for nothing? Blowing up the team just for the sake of it is pointless. Trading off certain players for specific return is my feeling.

who do you want gone for sure this deadline? Nobody in particular- I want to know who should be brought IN, not thrown OUT.

I'd like to see Stafford gone. I hope to god he is traded I think Stafford could profit from a change of scenery, and give us a viable return.

Leino can stay IMO he'll probably be more productive than Stafford. In the preseason wasn't he doing well with Grigs? I'd like to see that continue. Or at least have a chance.

I want Hecht out. Should've never been brought back. He won't be staying. He was signed for the situation.

I don't want to see Regher or Leopold here after the deadline. I think Reghier will stay. Doesn't he have an NTC?

I'd like to see Pominville traded. He will fetch us a nice enough return. We also need a new captain;) I think Ott would be a good captain; he has the fire Pommers doesn't. However, unless you're getting a GOOD deal I wouldn't just dump him. He's a good player & team mate.

I wouldn't mind Miller being traded. He doesn't seem to happy here; can't blame him. And I gurantee he leaves once he's UFA. Proof?

I wouldn't mind Ennis traded for a bigger and stronger centerman. But I wouldn't mind seeing him back on the wing instead of playing center. I believe that the reason we've GOT Ennis is because we can't find any centremen. We're trying to grow them, aren't we?

I want to see Vanek resigned to a multi-year contract sometime before he's a UFA. A certain amount of continuity is good.

I want to see Scott on the roster next year. I'm a big believer in the value of an Enforcer. And no, I don't consider him to be a goon.

Kaleta & Gerbe have good, scrappy attitudes. I want them to stay.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:57 pm 
Hart Winner

Nuthatch wrote:
Jammerz04 wrote:
So with this simply being an over hyped team is it time to blow things up? or should we just keep the faith in this team for next season and risk losing basically our "whole team" for nothing? Blowing up the team just for the sake of it is pointless. Trading off certain players for specific return is my feeling.

who do you want gone for sure this deadline? Nobody in particular- I want to know who should be brought IN, not thrown OUT.

I'd like to see Stafford gone. I hope to god he is traded I think Stafford could profit from a change of scenery, and give us a viable return.

Leino can stay IMO he'll probably be more productive than Stafford. In the preseason wasn't he doing well with Grigs? I'd like to see that continue. Or at least have a chance.

I want Hecht out. Should've never been brought back. He won't be staying. He was signed for the situation.

I don't want to see Regher or Leopold here after the deadline. I think Reghier will stay. Doesn't he have an NTC?

I'd like to see Pominville traded. He will fetch us a nice enough return. We also need a new captain;) I think Ott would be a good captain; he has the fire Pommers doesn't. However, unless you're getting a GOOD deal I wouldn't just dump him. He's a good player & team mate.

I wouldn't mind Miller being traded. He doesn't seem to happy here; can't blame him. And I gurantee he leaves once he's UFA. Proof?

I wouldn't mind Ennis traded for a bigger and stronger centerman. But I wouldn't mind seeing him back on the wing instead of playing center. I believe that the reason we've GOT Ennis is because we can't find any centremen. We're trying to grow them, aren't we?

I want to see Vanek resigned to a multi-year contract sometime before he's a UFA. A certain amount of continuity is good.

I want to see Scott on the roster next year. I'm a big believer in the value of an Enforcer. And no, I don't consider him to be a goon.

Kaleta & Gerbe have good, scrappy attitudes. I want them to stay.

Scott's been a disappointment as a fighter this year, to me. He has lost two fights and won three, which despite being a winning record is not good for him. The Colton Orr fight was a weird, unlikely fight (Orr getting a decisive body jab after getting ragdolled for an hour) but the Mcintyre fight was just terrible. One Parros fight was sort of even, too.

Thing is, we could do better than Scott if out of only five fights he only decisively clearly won two.

Nuthatch
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:10 pm 
Penalty Killer

I don't get to watch the games; all I have to go by is the radio. :)
To be honest, I was under the impression that Scott was doing well. Who is available that you would rather have? He musn't be a goon though. I can't stand that sort of player.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:06 pm 
Hart Winner

Nuthatch wrote:
To be honest, I was under the impression that Scott was doing well. Who is available that you would rather have? He musn't be a goon though. I can't stand that sort of player.

Well Scott... Sort of is a goon. All he is good for is fighting. Brian McGratten would work, though, he's the same kind of player. Colton Orr has done good, too. As well as B.J Crombeen (he fights a lot).

DieHardFan
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:58 pm 
Emergency Call-Up

I may be in the minority here, but I wouldn't mind seeing Vanek gone. In many ways, he's part of the long-standing stagnant culture that needs to be purged from this organization. For a guy of his caliber and salary, there are too many games he's been a non-factor, coasting up and down the ice, weak in his own end, not much of a forechecker, and passes up great shots that turn into broken plays. When he gets hot, there's few that are better, but he's maddeningly inconsistent - of his 30 points this year, half of them were scored in the first 6 games, and 1/3 of his points in just 2 games. Last year, he had 1/4 of his points in the first 10 games, and had only 2 points in the entire month of January when the team was in that horrific slump. I love the guy when he's scoring, but just too many droughts IMO from one of your supposed go-to guys. I think he'd flourish with a change of scenery and we'd get a nice return as well.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:13 pm 
Hart Winner

Trade Stafford for whatever, and possibly Leino. If there's no takers for either, I'd buy one of them out. Time to thin out the garbage. Keep our only good scorers, V H P and Ennis, unless we could get something REALLY good for either of them. Load up on picks. I'd like to keep Foligno and Kaleta to keep our toughness. Nobody on D I give a shit about, maybe Ehrhoff and Myers but that's it.

REBUILDING TIME MOTHER MUCHACHOS. Although with Miller, Vanek, Pommers, Ennis, and Hodgson, we're still the same team we are now in terms of skill...

Nuthatch
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:25 pm 
Penalty Killer

BlueandYellow wrote:
Nuthatch wrote:

Well Scott... Sort of is a goon. All he is good for is fighting. Brian McGratten would work, though, he's the same kind of player. Colton Orr has done good, too. As well as B.J Crombeen (he fights a lot).

When I think of a goon, I picture a cheap-shot artist, a hack-and-slash guy who is out there to fight & hurt skilled players, who has minimal skills. Now, I will grant you that Scott seems to have minimal skills, but I don't think he is a dirty player at all.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:29 pm 
Hart Winner

Nuthatch wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
Nuthatch wrote:

When I think of a goon, I picture a cheap-shot artist, a hack-and-slash guy who is out there to fight & hurt skilled players, who has minimal skills. Now, I will grant you that Scott seems to have minimal skills, but I don't think he is a dirty player at all.

Marchand isn't a goon lol. I'd say a goon is an enforcer without a skill set. Dirty players are just... Dirty players I guess lol. Scott isn't dirty though, I agree. And he has had good fights this year, but he's just lost too many.

Wozniak
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:52 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

BlueandYellow wrote:
Trade Stafford for whatever, and possibly Leino. If there's no takers for either, I'd buy one of them out. Time to thin out the garbage. Keep our only good scorers, V H P and Ennis, unless we could get something REALLY good for either of them. Load up on picks. I'd like to keep Foligno and Kaleta to keep our toughness. Nobody on D I give a shit about, maybe Ehrhoff and Myers but that's it.

REBUILDING TIME MOTHER MUCHACHOS. Although with Miller, Vanek, Pommers, Ennis, and Hodgson, we're still the same team we are now in terms of skill...

Kaleta needs to go. Outside of PK and getting suspended he has no value what-so-fucking-ever.

"That wasn't very nice...I do believe you killed my hat."

Driver of the FIRE LINDY RUFF Bandwagon since 2008.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:06 pm 
Hart Winner

Wozniak wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:

Kaleta needs to go. Outside of PK and getting suspended he has no value what-so-fucking-ever.

Hitting, fighting, defense, PK. He does plenty.

Nuthatch
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:43 pm 
Penalty Killer

At least Kaleta has heart, and fire.

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:24 am 
Superstar Goalie

Nuthatch wrote:

How many games has that won us?

He doesn't have a brain, or skill, or much size, either. Gerbe has heart and fire, and he gets shrugged off more often than not.

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:28 am 
Superstar Goalie

Kaleta and Gerbe are wholly dispensable. I'm on the fence with Ennis. Pominville can go if we get the right return, or if we take the C off him. Regehr should stay; I view him like a viking. He's a good defenseman, and tough as nails. Trade Ehrhoff if you want to get rid of a d-man.

I don't want to get rid of Myers, because on the off chance that he turns his shit around, I don't want to be the idiot that traded him.

Miller can go once we have a /good/ goalie somewhere in the system (or as part of a trade).

Squanto
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:10 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

Erhoff / Myers / Hodgson are my only untradeables. Everyone else can go for me, and I wouldn't shed much of a tear.

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:53 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Erhoff? Really? Why?

Not trying to be confrontational...genuinely curious.

Squanto
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:00 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

I think he's very quietly been the best defenseman on this team all year. Would like more offensively from him, but at $4M he's a deal.

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:10 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Squanto wrote:
I think he's very quietly been the best defenseman on this team all year. Would like more offensively from him, but at $4M he's a deal.

I can dig that.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:12 pm 
Hart Winner

NYIntensity wrote:
Nuthatch wrote:

He doesn't have a brain, or skill, or much size, either. Gerbe has heart and fire, and he gets shrugged off more often than not.

How many games can heart and toughness win when everything else is in the shitter?

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:07 pm 
Superstar Goalie

BlueandYellow wrote:
NYIntensity wrote:
Nuthatch wrote:

How many games can heart and toughness win when everything else is in the shitter?

Both for naught when you don't have some level of skill (I'm not equating sacrificing your body to block a shot as skill, either).