It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:59 am 
Hart Winner

Yeah well if he's not ready for the NHL he shouldn't be here let alone going to the 1st line as someone proposed. I understand we have injury problems but making him play on a first line isn't the way to go.

Squanto
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:37 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

Agreed.

Sabretooth
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:53 pm 
Garbage Man

I wanted to recuperate before commenting about this game. Whenever your two favorite teams play each other, your mind explodes. Maintaining a Sabres perspective here, I needed to collect my pros and cons what they did on the ice.

Leopold: That -4 gets you a healthy scratch, partner. You do not play stupid still letting the puck zoom by through your zone.

Grier: Five shots on goal is cool. Scoring with one of them goes one step farther. Try scoring next time instead of playing invisible.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:57 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

So Leo has one bad game and deserves to be put in the pressbox so that Rivet gets to play? Boy, that's quality ether you're huffing.

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:05 am 
Superstar Goalie

Rivet needs to be traded.....can someone on this forum please make it happen.

Sabretooth
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:18 am 
Garbage Man

mechaphil wrote:
So Leo has one bad game and deserves to be put in the pressbox so that Rivet gets to play? Boy, that's quality ether you're huffing.

If it happened to Montador last season, the likelihood of it happening to someone at anytime is very good. Clearing the puck out of the zone has been a nagging issue we failed to address for several seasons.

Sabretooth
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:19 am 
Garbage Man

Displaced Fan wrote:
Rivet needs to be traded.....can someone on this forum please make it happen.

If the sale of the team can occur before the next round of NHL meetings, this would be oen of the first acts Regier would be forced to do under new ownership.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:57 am 
Cup Winner

Sabretooth wrote:
I wanted to recuperate before commenting about this game. Whenever your two favorite teams play each other, your mind explodes. Maintaining a Sabres perspective here, I needed to collect my pros and cons what they did on the ice.

Leopold: That -4 gets you a healthy scratch, partner. You do not play stupid still letting the puck zoom by through your zone.

Grier: Five shots on goal is cool. Scoring with one of them goes one step farther. Try scoring next time instead of playing invisible.

Grier's shooting percentage through his career is a .10 or 10% or 1 goal every 10 shots. So basing him getting 5 shots on goal is nothing. He is not a goal scorer and has never been.

You focus too much on these SOG things too much. Especially for guys who have never had a scoring touch to them.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Sabretooth
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:54 am 
Garbage Man

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
Sabretooth wrote:

Grier's shooting percentage through his career is a .10 or 10% or 1 goal every 10 shots. So basing him getting 5 shots on goal is nothing. He is not a goal scorer and has never been.

You focus too much on these SOG things too much. Especially for guys who have never had a scoring touch to them.

Scoring goals to win in regulation is a problem for the Sabres this year. The best chance for scoring is players who have the most shots on goal. They should be able to get 1 or 2 goals in.

Squanto
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:12 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

Sabretooth wrote:
Scoring goals to win in regulation is a problem for the Sabres this year.

Scoring goals in general is a problem. The whole regulation / OT thing doesn't mean anything.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:33 pm 
Hart Winner

Our forwards = Image

Sabretooth
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:23 am 
Garbage Man

Squanto wrote:
Sabretooth wrote:
Scoring goals to win in regulation is a problem for the Sabres this year.

Scoring goals in general is a problem. The whole regulation / OT thing doesn't mean anything.

I will agree with you on scoring goals in general being a problem. I will disagree that we are not finishing games in regulation, thus allowing games, and potential losses, to be decided in OT or SO. I think several may understand where I'm coming from.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12