It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
NYIntensity
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:40 am 
Superstar Goalie

I think your fangirl is showing. The shots off the crossbar and mishandled pucks in front of open nets by the Bruins was about as lucky as we could have gotten if we'd smuggled a leprechaun, a rabbit's foot, a horseshoe, and a field of four leaf clovers into the locker room.

Squanto
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:30 am 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

Shots off the crossbar... you mean like the one Vanek ripped late?

it goes both ways. Both teams missed chances. That's part of hockey. Sometimes you miss because you suck. (Like me.) Sometimes you miss because the opponent made you do something you didn't want to do. Sometimes you miss because of bad luck.

It happens.

The Sabres had a 2-1 lead with around 6 minutes left. You don't know that they would have won from there, but it's a decent assumption. If Weber doesn't assist Horton on the tying goal, we're probably talking about how they gutted out a nice, gritty road win against a good team.

Instead, we're saying that they're a bunch of weak bastards who were lucky to even be in the game.

Does that make any sense? No, it doesn't.

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:53 am 
Superstar Goalie

I didn't say that we were weak, but I did say we were lucky to be in the game.

If you weren't holding your jock at the missed chances the Bruins had, you weren't watching the same game as me. It was a hockey game; as such, there are always going to be missed chances, etc. But the Bruins' missed ones were much more "definite goals" than things like Roy's indecision.

And I'd still be talking about all of the Bruins' missed chances, because we WERE lucky in that aspect.

Squanto
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:20 am 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

Others made that weak point, that's why I brought it back up.

Sure. They missed those opportunities. I don't dwell on that. Either they cashed them, or they didn't. Not much else to say about it. That happens in every game every night.

You could also say that the Bruins were lucky not to be down 3-0 after one with all the chances the Sabres had.

I don't like to play in what-ifs. It'll drive you nuts. You could go back and look at 10 plays every night that could have changed the outcome of a game. However, those plays happened the way they happened, and it doesn't make sense for fans to what-if the hell out of it.

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:30 am 
Superstar Goalie

I'm not what-iffing anything. I'm saying we got lucky.

Squanto
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:35 am 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

NYIntensity wrote:
I'm not what-iffing anything. I'm saying we got lucky.

And so did the Bruins.

Vanek hit a post late. Roy made a bad play when he was face to face with Thomas. If Vanek's shot is one inch the other direction that game is over.

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:25 am 
Superstar Goalie

I guess I just feel like Sabres fans were deservedly more nervous than Bruins fans (opinion, no research done into that, I'm just over the edge on the half-empty point of view).

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:53 pm 
Hart Winner

The BRUINS got lucky. A weird angle shot on Miller. That was luck. Weber oopsing in his zone. That wasn't caused by the Bruins now was it? Roy's blunder, Vanek's post shot, and many scrambles in front of the net. Both teams had an even amount of "luckiness", but the Sabre's goals were actually caused by them.

AudSabres
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:31 pm 
Superstar Goalie

I vote we blame Eddie Shore!

He's a middling AHL player who had the good fortune of a drunk arbitrator. - The Squanto re: Tim Kennedy

fly as hale
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:38 pm 
Mrs. Miller

NYIntensity wrote:
I think your fangirl is showing.

Mmmmmm, naaaah. To say that the Sabres "got lucky" and didn't deserve to be in that game is such a weak argument and can be applied to essentially any team on any night. Pretty sure the Bruins were the ~luckier~ team. Think about all the chances that the Sabres missed, was that the Bruins "getting lucky"? You can argue that Miller was intefered with on the OT winning goal, but the refs didn't call it...wasn't that them "getting lucky?"

BlueandYellow wrote:
The BRUINS got lucky. A weird angle shot on Miller. That was luck. Weber oopsing in his zone. That wasn't caused by the Bruins now was it? Roy's blunder, Vanek's post shot, and many scrambles in front of the net. Both teams had an even amount of "luckiness", but the Sabre's goals were actually caused by them.

boom

Hockey Night in Buffalo

jvaccaro6
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:07 am 
Certifiably Hotter than ETC

AudSabres wrote:
I vote we blame Eddie Shore!

Dick Clapper!

Squanto 7/27/2010

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24