It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 375 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
Montalo
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:48 pm 
PP Quarterback

Image@Image

Pittsburgh Penguins 26-12-1(13-5-0 Away)
Buffalo Sabres 23-11-4 (12-5-4 Home)

Last 10: Pittsburgh 6-3-1; Buffalo 6-2-2

Season Series: Second of four meetings. The Penguins pulled out a 2-1 shootout victory at HSBC Arena on Dec. 19, with Kris Letang netting the decisive goal. Jason Pominville of the Sabres opened the scoring before Chris Kunitz answered in the final minute of the first period. Marc-Andre Fleury turned aside 31 shots and all three shootout attempts he faced.

Big Story: Pittsburgh figures to face a bigger challenge in securing two points this time around, as Ryan Miller should get the start in goal for Buffalo. The Penguins faced backup Patrick Lalime in their last visit, and while he matched Fleury save-for-save through 65 minutes, few goalies in the League can compare to Miller the way he has played this season.

"He is a great, technical goalie," said Penguins defenseman Jay McKee, a former teammate of Miller's. “He can go through a handful of games where he doesn't have to make any spectacular saves because he is always in position.

"He is thinking ahead of the curve. He reads plays and angles well. He battles hard in practices and in games. He doesn't really have any weaknesses."

Penguins: This is the beginning of a four-game road trip for Pittsburgh, which dropped two of three on its recent homestand. The Penguins played catch-up the entire game Sunday against Toronto and finally ran out of comebacks after Leafs defenseman Ian White beat Fleury with 1:22 remaining. Mike Rupp had tied the score just 53 seconds earlier, but the Penguins fell 4-3.

"Skating-wise, I don't know how our legs feel; usually we don't feel great after a break, but it was the puck management and the execution that was not up to our standard," Penguins coach Dan Bylsma said.

Sabres: Mike Grier and Tim Connolly had big third periods to rally Buffalo past St. Louis on Sunday. With the Sabres trailing 3-2 to start the third, Grier netted the tying goal. Connolly then scored on the power play and shorthanded for a 5-3 win. Grier set up the game-clinching shorthanded tally with 3:16 left. Each player finished with two goals and an assist.

"We didn't play well (Saturday) night," Grier said of a shootout loss against Ottawa. "I think we all kind of felt anxious coming into the game tonight and the guys battled. I think it took us a while to find our legs, but we battled and hung in there."

Who's Hot: Rupp's goal was his 10th in 39 games this season, four more than his previous career high. His 20.8 shooting percentage is tops on the Penguins. ... Connolly has three goals and two assists during a three-game points streak for the Sabres. Grier has two goals and three assists in his own three-game points streak.

Injury Report: Pittsburgh defenseman Mark Eaton has missed the last three games with a lower-body injury. ... Buffalo forward Patrick Kaleta is day-to-day after suffering a lower-body injury crashing into the net in St. Louis. Forward Derek Roy could be ready to return from an upper-body injury by Friday. Forward Nathan Gerbe is skating as he aims to return soon from a groin injury.

Stat Pack: Fleury improved to 6-0 this season in shootouts after the previous win over the Sabres. He has stopped 18 of 19 attempts against him in the penalty-shot tiebreaker.

Puck Drop: Fans could be in for quite the goaltending duel if Fleury and Miller oppose each other Tuesday. Fleury already has a Stanley Cup ring and is among the League leaders this season with 22 wins. Miller figures to start for the United States in the upcoming Olympics and ranks near the top this season in wins, goals-against average, save percentage and shutouts.

Last edited by Montalo on Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:48 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Hahaha broken pen...I like it!

fly as hale
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:27 pm 
Mrs. Miller

Yayyy, hockey!

Booo, I'm going to miss it. :(

Hockey Night in Buffalo

mechaphil
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:29 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Scoring updates again, Caro? I fell asleep last game haha

fly as hale
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:34 pm 
Mrs. Miller

Haha sure, if you want to...it would be very appreciated. :D

Hockey Night in Buffalo

Yhoshi
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:48 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

WE WILL WIN IT!

okay?

iceilypolite
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:58 pm 
Power Forward

Looking forward to this game...............

Goooooooooooooooo Sabres!!!!!!!!!!!

We simply continue to fly.........on a broomstick...
We are flexible like that ....

Timbo Slice
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:10 am 
Franchise Defenseman

Should be a good one. Let's go Buffalo!

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:32 am 
Cup Winner

Well we took them to a shootout with Lalime, with Miller, we should be fine.

I'll be at work, sucks to miss it.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

sabresindc
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:43 am 
Captain Clutch

Quote:
Penguins Battle Blizzard in Buffalo
Monday, 12.28.2009 / 7:08 PM / Features
By Jason Seidling
After an adventurous trip the Pittsburgh Penguins have finally reached their hotel in Buffalo, NY – a trip which included several run-ins with Mother Nature – most notably the sight of the Penguins coaching and support staff pushing a team bus after it became stuck on a slick Buffalo street.

With the Penguins about three blocks from reaching their hotel the first bus carrying the players, coaches and support staff could not get its wheels moving on the snow-covered streets. Within seconds head coach Dan Bylsma and several others were rushing out of the door to the rear of the vehicle.
The Penguins coaching and support staff pushes the team bus out of the snow.

It took about 15-20 seconds but the efforts of Bylsma and his crew got the wheels on the bus spinning and moving in a forward direction. As great as it was to watch the guys pushing the bus out of the snow was seeing them sprint back to the front when their work was complete.

Joining Bylsma in saving the day were assistant coaches Mike Yeo, Tony Granato and Gilles Meloche, Senior Director of Team Operations Frank Buonomo, Vice President of Communications Tom McMillan, Head Athletic Trainer Chris Stewart and Video Coordinator Jim Britt.

Fighting the elements was the theme of the day for the Penguins.

Blizzard conditions in the upper New York region caused an initial delay when the Penguins left Pittsburgh Tuesday afternoon and forced the team to re-route their trip to an airport in Niagara Falls, NY. The plane circled the Buffalo area for an extended period but when the weather would not cooperate, that’s when the team had to land further north.

Everyone rushes to the front of the bus after they get it moving again.
When the plane was finally able to land in Niagara Falls the team was forced to spend about half of an hour waiting on the runway as the buses traveled to meet them. From there it was about a 55-minute ride into Buffalo – including the time spent performing manual labor on the bus.

All is now well as the team is safely and soundly in their rooms. Now the players can focus on making the trip even more memorable – by securing back-to-back wins over the Buffalo Sabres and New Jersey Devils.

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

ImageImage
http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=511393&navid=DL|PIT|home

http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=73134&catid=37

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

Yhoshi
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:46 am 
Franchise Defenseman

I remember the newjerseyGDT and must tell u: the most adoreable Team in NHL history faces one of the most adoreable girls of the whole league (including all 6 divisions and the AHL) Crosby,Sindy.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:53 am 
Captain Dynasty

woot, gameday.

icehound
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:57 am 
Star Sniper

...it's amusing how the coaches and training staff pushed the bus, but none of the players found fit to "get their hands dirty".

sabresindc
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:01 am 
Captain Clutch

icehound wrote:
...it's amusing how the coaches and training staff pushed the bus, but none of the players found fit to "get their hands dirty".

You know that Cindy couldn't get out there, she might have broke a nail or something. I'm sure he just got a manicure before the trip.... :lol: :lol:

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

BS1970
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:28 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

I bet the coaches would let them. Wouldn't want them to strain a muscle or catch a cold on the storm.

Image Image
We truly are not worthy of Miller!

Timbo Slice
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:42 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

That's so hilarious! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

slesh
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:05 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Buffalo 5 - Pittsburg 1

Vanek hat trick for a 4 point night.
Myers nets 2 for a 5 point night.

Oh, and Miller stops Crosby on 2 breakaways and breaks one of "Cindy's" nails at the opening of period 2, sending Crosby to the dressing room. (He may miss up to 4 games until the nail grows back :))

mechaphil
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:11 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Good lord I hope Myers nets two goals and an assist tonight so he can spring-board past del Zotto in the rookie defenseman scoring race in all departments. Myers is tied for the lead with him, but trails in goals by two.

Los9090
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:16 pm 
Superstar Goalie

mechaphil wrote:
Hahaha broken pen...I like it!

What about this instead?

too much?

mechaphil
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:20 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Yea, too much. As much as I hate the Penguins, penguins in general are still cute lil fuckers.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 375 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next