It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
psychemedisabrefan
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:54 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

I hope you all enjoyed a week of actually some good football, I unfortunately must now disappoint you all and tell you that once again the Bills are playing this sunday. Captain check down is back from his second NFL concussion to lead the offense once again. The Titans are starting Vince Young as quarterback, and having a terrible season, and have a coach who is a peyton manning fan ouch (I know it was a joke, or was it). This is a rematch of the hall of fame game in which a healthy bills team got destroyed by the titans. More bad news for the Bills as Donte Whitner returns. There are thoughts of a three safety set, because lets face it how can you sit the byrd man. James Hardy is to possibly play his first game of the season. The bills run defense faces a big challenge as the titan's RB Johnson is one of the best in the league this year. Anyway here's hoping the bills do not get blown out. I'd say i'm definitely rooting for a certain score as to appease my football pool numbers.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/200911150 ... lls@titans

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:10 pm 
Cup Winner

You failed to mention how terrible the Titans team is.

The Titans team had 18 turnovers in the first 6 games.

While Young hasn't been prolific in his two starts, throwing for 297 yards and a touchdown, the former No. 3 overall pick has completed 73.0 percent of his passes and hasn't turned the ball over.

And if I recall, the Titans are the 28th ranked pass defense team.

They've allowed almost 30 points a game.

This is TWO not great teams going against each other. The Titans are basically the same as the Bills this year.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Van_Da_Man
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:25 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Yeah, but it will look twice as bad if we manage to lose again. I hope that Trents concussion knocked the old Edwards out of him. The guy who didn't suck balls before he threw them.

"I'm going to go to the spa and have a hot tub and massage and relax," Miller said. "That's it, and it's back to work tomorrow." Ryan Miller after clinching the North East division.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:04 am 
Cup Winner

Van_Da_Man wrote:
Yeah, but it will look twice as bad if we manage to lose again. I hope that Trents concussion knocked the old Edwards out of him. The guy who didn't suck balls before he threw them.

That is exactly what I've been hoping. Get rid of the Trent after his first concussion and get the Trent back before he had that concussion.

I hope he really rips apart the Titans secondary.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

psychemedisabrefan
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:06 am 
Franchise Defenseman

Van_Da_Man wrote:

sorry about that lack of info on the titans. As for this comment i was hoping the coaches would tell Edwards that he throw the ball long, was not captain check down, and knew how to escape a sack/ throw the ball away. I was hoping he had lost his memory.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:08 am 
Cup Winner

It's cool dude.

Both of these teams are in pretty bad shape right now.

I also hate how every news writer forgets we have Lee Evans. Remember the guy who gets 1,000 yards on a crappy Bills Offense? Please, we lose a deep threat in Owens? Please, that guy has done nothing for our team and I'd much rather have Evans thrown the ball because he can actually catch them when they are thrown his way.

Rud wrote:

psychemedisabrefan
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:31 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Bills-Titans game preview
Associated Press
Posted Nov 13, 2009

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -The Buffalo Bills are hoping to follow Tennessee's example in how to bounce back into the win column coming off a bye.

The Titans (2-6) have won two straight since their bye, a much-needed break from six straight losses to open the season. Buffalo coach Dick Jauron can't remember having a bye this late and his Bills (3-5) could use another break to heal up a bit more. But they do get Trent Edwards back at quarterback.

``If this team wants to go where we want to go, we're going to need to come out strong and come out and play the way we need to play,'' Edwards said. ``We've had two weeks to prepare for it, and it's going to be a big test for us.''

Tennessee is trying to streak in a new direction, and the Titans feel they are back to playing the way they did a year ago in putting up the NFL's best record at 13-3. The 0-6 start? The bye week helped them make a clean break.

``As far as we're concerned, we're just moving on,'' Titans linebacker Keith Bulluck said. ``We have two now. It takes two to get three.''

While Tennessee is trying to salvage this season, Buffalo arguably hasn't been the same since the Music City Miracle playoff loss here in January 2000. The Titans have been to the playoffs five times since. The Bills? Well, the AFC's winningest team of the 1990s now threatens to finish off the first decade of this century shut out of the postseason.

The offseason signing of receiver Terrell Owens hasn't provided the offensive boost they wanted, and he is having his worst season since his rookie year with 23 catches for 281 yards and one touchdown. A hip strain that surfaced Tuesday could limit or keep Owens out Sunday.

Lee Evans, who hasn't benefited much from Owens' presence, thinks the Bills have corrected their mistakes.

``We're at a point in the season now where every game is that much bigger, and mistakes are going to cost you a lot more, so it'll be a bigger sense of urgency,'' Evans said.

Edwards missed the last two games after being knocked out by a concussion in a 16-13 overtime win at the New York Jets on Oct. 18, but had thrown for only one TD with five interceptions before being hurt. The offense hasn't produced 300 yards in a game over the past six games. The Bills have only five TDs in that stretch, including their 31-10 home loss to Houston on Nov. 1.

``We're looking forward to giving Trent a shot, and we've done some different things with our offense starting just when he got hurt, starting in that game, so hopefully those will help him and help us be more productive,'' Jauron said.

The Titans' winning streak coincides with Vince Young back as the starting quarterback. But Tennessee's success is due to Chris Johnson, the NFL's leading rusher with 959 yards, and a defense that has eight sacks and six turnovers in those two wins, including last week's 34-27 victory at San Francisco.

Young has not turned over the ball since returning to the starting job. But the Titans have limited his throws, choosing to run more with Johnson and Young even against defenses piling eight and nine players near the line of scrimmage. Buffalo is giving up an NFL-worst 173.6 yards rushing per game.

``What makes C.J.'s effort thus far so impressive is people are committed to stop him, and yet he's still able to do it,'' Titans coach Jeff Fisher said.

Bills defensive tackle Marcus Stroud hopes the Titans take the Bills for granted.

``It is the second half of the season and we are looking at it like we have a chance to go out and do some different things. This would definitely be a chance to go out and make a statement if we are able to go out there and play well and stop the run,'' he said.

The Bills could be without four starters Sunday on defense, with safety Bryan Scott likely moving to linebacker to cover for Keith Ellison. It could be worse depending on how limited end Aaron Schobel is after hurting his groin against Houston.

That defense has kept Buffalo close by forcing turnovers. The Bills are tied for second in the NFL with 15 interceptions and have 13 takeaways in the past three games. Rookie safety Jairus Byrd is trying for a fourth straight game with two interceptions.

Fisher has been cautioning his team against overlooking this defense based on rankings. He notes the Bills have faced about 60 more running plays than other NFL teams this season, tilting those numbers.

Center Kevin Mawae agrees.

``On paper, we looked really good at the beginning of the season, too,'' Mawae said. ``We're just going to go out there and do what we do. I know what they're ranked. We've just got to focus on ourselves. We can't focus on what their rankings are. This is the NFL, and anything can happen on any Sunday.''

psychemedisabrefan
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:31 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
It's cool dude.

Both of these teams are in pretty bad shape right now.

I also hate how every news writer forgets we have Lee Evans. Remember the guy who gets 1,000 yards on a crappy Bills Offense? Please, we lose a deep threat in Owens? Please, that guy has done nothing for our team and I'd much rather have Evans thrown the ball because he can actually catch them when they are thrown his way.

Yea i've always wanted the bills to have a real QB for the rest of the teams sake.

daz28
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:45 am 
Star Sniper

If Edwards can't talk over, and get results with the receiving core he has, then he is simply not capable. His receivers are telling him exactly what to do, and he just CAN'T ABSORB IT. He's J.P. junior, and I'll admit holding faith in him too long too. We draft a QB this year I hope. I'm not going to blame Trent though, because the ineptitude of this offense existed long before he came along. He can't fix it though.

JD1970
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:04 pm 
7th Defenseman

Titans 27

Bills 6

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:13 pm 
Cup Winner

JD1970 wrote:
Titans 27

Bills 6

Highly doubt the Titans will be able to score that many points.

They are nowhere near a good team either.

They've allowed real close to the same amount of yards the Bills have, except through the air instead of on the ground. If we can stop their run in big situations, then they will need to rely on Vince Young attempting to throw the ball, which he has not been very good with in his career so far.

We've been good on the pass, but bad on the run. We fix our run defense and we have a great chance against them.

Do you really think Vince Young is going to make the perfect passes and keep a ball away from Jarius Byrd?

Rud wrote:

psychemedisabrefan
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:43 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

I'm hoping the byrd will be the word for a hat-trick number of times this week. still going with a titans win but going to say it will be 21-17

psychemedisabrefan
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:38 am 
Franchise Defenseman

Gameday Tipsheet - Week 10
Chris Brown, Lead Journalist
Posted Nov 14, 2009

Top 3 Individual Matchups
1. George Wilson vs. Bo Scaife – With Donte Whitner questionable to play, Wilson is the likely starter at strong safety and draws a solid pass catching assignment in the Titans tight end. Scaife got off to a slow start this season due in part to injury, but has very good chemistry with Vince Young, who also was his teammate in college at Texas.

2. Jonathan Scott vs. Williams Hayes – Neither of these players are household names, but Hayes was a handful in the Hall of Fame Game for Buffalo’s linemen way back in August, and has been tearing it up of late from his left defensive end position. Last week against the 49ers Hayes had eight tackles, one and a half sacks, three QB pressures, two QB hits and a forced fumble. Scott is coming back after a three-game layoff due to injury.

3. Lee Evans vs. Cortland Finnegan – Evans will be squaring off with the 2008 Pro Bowl corner, who has three interceptions on the season including an 39-yard return for a touchdown, and is known as a sure tackler. A former seventh-round pick Finnegan is a self-made pro that has proven he not only belongs in the league, but can excel at the NFL level.

Top 2 Bills Advantages
Good advantage – Third down defense - Despite their shortcomings, Buffalo’s defense has had some success getting off the field on third downs as they rank 13th in the league allowing opponents to convert just over 36 percent of the time. It’s possible that the Titans run game could make that rate of success difficult to achieve, but Tennessee is just 21st in the league in third down conversion percentage.

Best advantage - Kick return – Since Fred Jackson has been given primary return duties he’s helped to raise the average on kick return as he’s picking up better than 27 yards a return (27.4) giving Buffalo’s offense the fourth best average drive start in the league (28.5 yard line). Tennessee’s kick coverage meanwhile is ranked 25th in the NFL.

Bills Number One Must
Contain Johnson – It may be difficult to prevent Tennessee RB Chris Johnson from getting his share of yards, but the Bills absolutely have to keep him from busting off big 50 and 60-yard runs, especially for scores. If they can keep Johnson from getting three or four big plays in the game they’ve got a chance.

Scouting Eye
Speed kills
Titans RB Chris Johnson is arguably the fastest back in the game, and he has proven through the first eight games of the season that speed kills. He leads the league in rushing (959 yards), total yards from scrimmage (1,121), yards per carry (6.7), rushing yards per game (119.9) and longest run from scrimmage (91). He’s also third in the league in rushes of 10 yards or more with 23. Johnson appears to be peaking as he has two touchdowns in each of his last two games.

Young back under center
After losing his starting job early in 2008, Vince Young is back in the saddle at quarterback for the Titans. After the team’s 0-6 start, Young has started the last two games, both victories. In those two games Young has gone 27-37 passing (73%) for 297 yards with 1 TD and no turnovers and a 105.3 passer rating. Dating back to Dec. 16, 2007, Young has won his last six starts and has a career record of 20-11. In his only start against Buffalo on Dec. 24, 2006, Young had a pair of touchdown passes and ran 36 yards for another in a 30-29 comeback win.

Pass defense?
Tennessee’s pass defense is ranked last in the league as its surrendering almost 280 yards per game, but it has shown signs of improvement. A major issue with the Titans’ pass defense problems has been injuries. Pro Bowl cornerback Cortland Finnegan missed three games due to injury as well as fellow starter Nick Harper. Against the Patriots in Week 6 they started two rookie corners and got torched for 380 yards. It’s far from perfect, but Tennessee’s pass defense is not as bad as it looks on paper.

Takeaway plays
The Bills aren’t the only team that has caught fire in the takeaway department of late. Turnovers have been instrumental in Tennessee’s last two victories. After having a minus-10 turnover ratio in their first six games of the season, the Titans are a plus-six in their last two wins. This past week they totaled four takeaways (3 INTs, 1 fumble) against the 49ers.

Down a wideout
Vince Young and Justin Gage have been a reliable combination since Young has returned to the Titans lineup, but that pass game duo will likely be put on hold Sunday. Gage suffered two fractures in the transverse bones of his back and is not expected to play in the game. Young’s two big pass plays in the win last week went to Gage for 49 and 33 yards. Gage leads the team in receiving yards this season.

Not winning the close ones
Titans head coach Jeff Fisher is known for playing smash mouth football with a productive ground game and play action passing on offense with stout and opportunistic defense. That philosophy has helped to make the Titans successful in close games each of the last three seasons where Tennessee has compiled a record of 17-8 in games decided by seven points or less. But this season that has changed. The Titans are just 1-3 in games decided by a touchdown or less in 2009. Their only win came this past week.

Buffalo Chips
Quote of the week
“Every week is a tough test and every week gets more important as you go later into the season. If this team wants to go where it wants to go we’re going to need to come out strong and play the way we need to play. We’ve had two weeks to prepare for it and it’s going to be a big test for us.”
--QB Trent Edwards

Stat of the week
The Bills are 3-0 under Dick Jauron after the bye week with wins over Green Bay, Baltimore and San Diego the past three seasons.

Milestones in reach
Jairus Byrd (4 games) needs one interception to set the Bills franchise record for most consecutive games with an interception(5).

Lee Evans needs one touchdown reception to move into sole possession of third place on the Bills all-time TD reception list.

Terrell Owens needs two touchdowns to move into fourth place on the NFL all-time touchdowns list.

Josh Reed needs two catches to move into fifth place on the team’s all-time receptions list.

Final note
Each of Buffalo’s last three games against Tennessee have been decided by three points or less (2000, 2003, 2006).

mechaphil
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:06 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Solid defensive sequence from the Bills to start the game - 3 and out is a great way to get it goin.

SABRESAllTheWay
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:09 pm 
MegaDouche

is there another link other than ATDHE.net for live feed... atdhe's bills feed isn't on

mechaphil
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:10 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

The Bills are moving the chains pretty nicely with a mix of plays. Good gains on first are doing wonders for them.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:12 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

SABRESAllTheWay wrote:
is there another link other than ATDHE.net for live feed... atdhe's bills feed isn't on

I haven't been able to find one, but I'll keep looking.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:13 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

I think I just saw Marshawn throw a bomb to Lee Evans for a TD! Holy shit!

EDIT: I did! It was a hand-off to Lynch who faked a run then tossed it downfield to Evans for the TD!

Last edited by mechaphil on Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rud
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:13 pm 
Superstar Goalie

That was Action Jackson, actually.

What can't this guy do?

mechaphil
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:14 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Oh shit, it was! (I had the game on mute)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next